NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Bren

HDTV : Which ones will work with 360?

Ok, so all this connecting the 360 to HDTV is confusing the hell out of me.

I have a 27" LCD Tv, and i want to know if the 360 will be HD on it, im using it as a monitor at the moment and hoping my 360 can use it aswell.

VideoSeven 27" LCD Tv

Which connectors wil i have to buy to join them up, or will the 360 come with them.

Cheers,

*didnt know wether to put this in tech board of rivals*

The amazon site doesn't really give enough information to be totally certain but it looks like that set should support it fine. Does the manual not say what inputs it will accept?

Resolution: 1280x720

Connections: Component YUV (Y/Pb/Pr)

However a DVI or HDMI might have been nice to have on it.

Other then that it sounds HDTV ready to me (unless DVI or HDMi is a must for it?).

Its not HD Ready in the official sense of it as to get that the set must have HDMI/DVI connections and also support HDCP copy protection.

Still, so long as the set will take a 720p signal through the component its fine for the XBox. I imagine your going to be fine but always good to check up on it.

Its not HD Ready in the official sense of it as to get that the set must have HDMI/DVI connections and also support HDCP copy protection.

Yeah that was what I had i mind, but was not sure on it...

To be HD ready it must have the hd ready logo, every tv that is ready has it.

Its not the logo that makes it HD Ready though is it? The main trouble is that theres a lot of sets that support HD formats but don't have certain connections or support all of the formats. Theres also a lot of sets that are advertised with the logo that aren't actually HD Ready.

thats what the logo as designed to do, avoid all this trouble. Is it is it not. if its got the logo then it has it all the hd resolution and hdcp protection

thats what the logo as designed to do, avoid all this trouble. Is it is it not. if its got the logo then it has it all the hd resolution and hdcp protection

I have seen TV's (LCD/Plasma) that have 1024x768 that have HD Ready logo, and that do NOT have DVI or HDMI contacts..

Yeah careful of the buzzwords.

Just look at resolution and see if it has the necessary connections.

Xbox 360 will only support component for HD so that covers all the HD tv anyway. Make sure it can display 720p.

I have seen TV's (LCD/Plasma) that have 1024x768 that have HD Ready logo, and that do NOT have DVI or HDMI contacts..

You dont need dvi or hdmi connectors as hd is possible through vga and component, hdmi will be the connection for the future, but at the moment it isnt that popular. Although the new sky box will use it.

Actually choze, xbox 360 will support HD through component and VGA.

So HDCP is not a part of teh HD Ready requirement (HDCP only work over DVI or HDMI, at least thats what I got out by reading about it)?

No HDCP is a requirement of the hd ready logo, and yes it only works over digital connections, ie dvi and hdmi.

HDMI is something many PS3 owners may want. PS3 supports every method.

You dont need dvi or hdmi connectors as hd is possible through vga and component, hdmi will be the connection for the future, but at the moment it isnt that popular. Although the new sky box will use it.

Actually choze, xbox 360 will support HD through component and VGA.

Same thing. VGA is for pc monitors. My plasma has a VGA port but component is the main one that you should be using.

theres no main one to use, its up to you what to choose. Yes the ps3 will use hdmi, if i remember correctly it can output to two different hdmi sources, though i could be wrong.

No HDCP is a requirement of the hd ready logo, and yes it only works over digital connections, ie dvi and hdmi.

Ok then I have seen Plasmas/LCD TVs that has a HD Ready logo even though is should NOT have one (because they did not have a DVI or HDMI contact).

hmm, well if they didnt have dvi or hdmi ports, which means they cant get hdcp, so therfore cant meet all the requirements of the "hd ready" logo. I suppose they shouldnt have one then.

The main tv id suggest is a samsung one, theres a thread in the tech forums about it. Ive got and its brilliant has all the ports you need. Hdmi, dvi, vga, component, svideo, rf and has the

"hd ready" logo. Its 26 inches and very reasonably priced, its the actual tv microsoft use to demo the 360.

From some specs on another site it says that it supports 1080i input, no mention of 720p though. It should work with at least one of the 360's HD output resolutions.

so, in short lol,

will my tv work with 360 in high def?

I'm not willing to agree YET with JonSt..

Because your TV has 1280x720 + Component.

I think you will be able to play Xbox360 with component cables on it in 1280x720 without any problems..

At least I would NOT buy a new LCD-TV before I tried it..

I'm not willing to agree YET with JonSt..

Because your TV has 1280x720 + Component.

I think you will be able to play Xbox360 with component cables on it in 1280x720 without any problems..

At least I would NOT buy a new LCD-TV before I tried it..

Part of me belives it will work as it does have component and vga inputs and can support the resolutions. But they dont harp on about the hd ready for nothing.

xbox 360 will support HD through component and VGA.

Does that mean I can use my 360 with a monitor, as there's no way I can afford a HDTV for the forseeable future.

Does that mean I can use my 360 with a monitor, as there's no way I can afford a HDTV for the forseeable future.

If it can display widescreen and the resolution, then i belive so.

If it can display widescreen and the resolution, then i belive so.

It can display widescreen by displaying in letterbox format and can handle the resolution..

Will all 360 games only display in widescreen, that seems unlikely to me.

Sign in to follow this