NEurope
demonmike04

Gamecube online no more!

Im right in presuming that both Phantasy Star titles are the only online Gamecube titles, correct?

Well, if you havent played them in a while, you can no longer go online unless you were recently active. This was in effect last week, but I forgot to post this.

The gamecube's online service will be completely dead on April 1st, when the Phantasy star cube titles servers are shutdown worldwide.

Farwell online Gamecube! Something I never tried..

(P.S. Those still playing Phantasy Star online can probably find a private server to connect to)

I knew that the PSO servers were closing - March is going to be free to play as I understand but I did not know you had to be recently active, which is pretty annoying if true. This means I cannot go online for the last month.

Last time I went online on PSO was October and their where about 7 people online, peak on a Saturday night

I'm actually a little sad to see the servers close though, I had some amazing times on both PSO 1/2 and 3 and met many people I still keep i contract with today. I was sometimes putting 12 hours a day into PSO (noting to be proud of lol) because I loved the game so much.

So long PSO,thanks for the memories.

I take it playing Super Smash bros. Melee online will stop working aswell then :(

Those are private servers, and your not supposed to be using them. All official means of connecting to actual legit online gameplay will cease on April 1st.

I loved PSO was great fun and meet a lot of people.In total i've spent probably around 800 hours on Episode 1/2/3.

It will be a shame when it finally shuts down because of all the good times i've had on it.I'll be going online during the final month.

:cry:

I take it playing Super Smash bros. Melee online will stop working aswell then :(

What?

You could play SSBM online? Man why did I not know that earlier :(

Could you still please elaborate as I'd like to know how this was possible.

It will be a shame when it finally shuts down because of all the good times i've had on it.I'll be going online during the final month.

:cry:

I dont think you can if you havent been recently active. I think the free final month is a thank you to those who have been active. Im not exactly sure on this, so try looking around or so.

What?

You could play SSBM online? Man why did I not know that earlier :(

Could you still please elaborate as I'd like to know how this was possible.

Its always been possible, some people hacked the multiplayer option and I think you had to link the cube upto your PC and trick the cube into thinking it was all local play when it was infact done over the internet. There are FAQS on the internet, but keep in mind this is illegal.

I thought it was just people that had an account and had been on in the past and you could no longer make accounts/join.

I'll look into it.

EDIT-

It'll be fine,just checked it

All good things must come to an end and we are near the end of online service for PSO GameCube. We hope you have enjoyed playing as much we enjoyed making the game. As of next week, we will not accept any new accounts.

Those who have active accounts can continue playing until 3/31/07. As a way of saying “thanks!” we are not charging for the final month of service (March).

If you enjoyed playing Phantasy Star Online, we think you should check out Phantasy Star Universe.

Thanks for the good times,

Sonic Team

Everyone who's played before has an active account.

Ah, so every one who's had an account previously is allowed. Ah I guess thats suitable as not many people will be buying the game this late into its life and expect to go online.

Some peeps at PSO world mentioned that when they signed in they had their hunters license automatically updated without payment, you may wanna check that out.

No I only have the dial up modem I want to experiance one last month of this godly game. Anyone want to lend me a broadband adapter for cube?

Lol yeah i only have a Dial up modem aswell, ITs a real pitty, I would have liked to go on for one last time:(. does anyone know if you can get cheap BB adapters anywhere?

There are FAQS on the internet, but keep in mind this is illegal.

Illegal how? What laws does it break? I'd like a cite for that cos I really don't think it's illegal at all.

You can order off the Nintendo store, but it only ships to america, so im guessing thats of no use. Ebay it is mate.

They should just bundle PSO 1&2+3 into a Wii DVD disc enable online through it and... keep it alive... of course they might not want to since they have PSU.

Why not porting PSU over to Wii though? (and then as a bonus bundling PSO 1&2+3 :))

PSO on Dreamcast has lifetime servers open in Japan, meaning it should never die on that platform. :'(

They should just bundle PSO 1&2+3 into a Wii DVD disc enable online through it and... keep it alive... of course they might not want to since they have PSU.

Why not porting PSU over to Wii though? (and then as a bonus bundling PSO 1&2+3 :))

PSO on Dreamcast has lifetime servers open in Japan, meaning it should never die on that platform. :'(

I though the PSO dreamcast servers shut down in 2003?

And blue burst servers are still open, aswell as the XBOX PSO I+II servers if that ever came out in europe. Sega have made it clear PSO is dead to them, they keep pushing every one to play that PSU shit.

I though the PSO dreamcast servers shut down in 2003?

And blue burst servers are still open, aswell as the XBOX PSO I+II servers if that ever came out in europe. Sega have made it clear PSO is dead to them, they keep pushing every one to play that PSU shit.

The servers shut down, then re-opened in 20th May, 2006 in Japan.

<News “of dream cast edition [huantashisutaonrain]” game server rating free conversion>'06.4.20

At our company the result of examination, playing so far, it continued to the people whom it receives and in order for you to enjoy play, being free from May 20th, it decided in continuing service.

Forever “[huantashisutaonrain]” in everyone of the user we would like you to play. About patronage, we ask continuation “[huantashisutaonrain]” may.

Source: http://66.249.93.104/translate_c?hl=pt-PT&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=ja%7Cen&u=http://pso.dricas.ne.jp/pso_dricas.html&prev=/language_tools

If they keep them open forever like said or close them again remains to be seen, but... the japanese DC PSO servers are online right now.

Personally a PSU would be fantastic,it's the port I want the most.It just fits so well with the Wii and would be great fun to play.

I'd rather see Blue Burst porter onto the Wii, PSU is just too terrible. First examples when I played my mates version (offline, so its not a very good basis) is that its just too terrible, whats up with the combat combinations?

So im sticking to wanting Blue Burst for the wii with an option to upload character data from PSO I & II from the cubes memory card.

You kidding PSU is great,I thought the combat stuff was pretty good once you get use to it.

Good Idea about Blue Blurst though.

I never had either, but I always wanted 1 and 2, what are the numbers like playing online at the mo?

I went back online with 1 & 2 a few months ago (we thought we'd reunite just before PSU comes out) and there where about 20 people online at the most, and pretty much all of them in locked games. Their was 1 guy in the lobby begging for weapons and every so often a guy called NOA_Bones came along and useing an action replay, try and delete everyones character :hmm:

Shame to see the game go but it is deserted. I wish Sega had taken advantage of the download secteion and let us download quests like West and East tower and some others.

Also this means it'll be the last time we can download the Nights, Pyo Pyo and Chu chu rockets GBA games with the GBA connector.

Also this means it'll be the last time we can download the Nights, Pyo Pyo and Chu chu rockets GBA games with the GBA connector.

Can you do nights offline aswell?

Last time I was online there where people in the 1000's on,but I can't believe how deserted it is now if what you say is true.I hope there's a lot of people on in the last month so it can sort of go out in a bang.

Im right in presuming that both Phantasy Star titles are the only online Gamecube titles, correct?

Well, if you havent played them in a while, you can no longer go online unless you were recently active. This was in effect last week, but I forgot to post this.

The gamecube's online service will be completely dead on April 1st, when the Phantasy star cube titles servers are shutdown worldwide.

Farwell online Gamecube! Something I never tried..

(P.S. Those still playing Phantasy Star online can probably find a private server to connect to)

So the legend is true? There once was an online GameCube?