NEurope
ZeldaFreak

Post your retro collections & retro purchases

I may nay I will try and purchase all the coolness of japanese games all the american hell even pal stuff. So that I can show my kids the histroy of videogames.

Now wheres my money...

Oh yeah need that summer job. ;)

I have every Nintendo home console, still in mint condition with all it's packaging that is basically as good as new. I'm also proud to own boxed versions of both NES Zelda games and Metroid and Mario Bros. 3

Yeah I sold some of my stuff so I might get the pal stuff on the wii, but north american and japan games got to buy the imported goods for that

I also have the original Zelda Game and Watch, in full working order, not a single scrath on it. All in original packing, even with both battery stickers unused!

ah cmon we can come up with something better on retro?

but hell

my most proud retro games are sonic 2,super mario world,super mario 64.SUPER METORID and ya i couple of small ones.

on the retro front I've still got my BBC Micro I think it's called which hosts one of my favourite games to date Repton check out here if you don't have a clue what I am talking about...http://www.repton3.co.uk/repton1.php

plus my SNES with 6ish game which I bought a few years ago, I stupidly traded in my cube wish I hadn't now, but I've still got my N64...oooh and how can I forget have my Amiga A500 Plus and tons of games....

Ok, nothing rare or special, but (ands this is just at my mum's, there's loads over at dad's). This is my collection:

ZX Spectrum +2

SNES

N64

GBC

My prized things though:

Boxed Mario Paint with mouse and pad.

Box Lylat wings which i got free with mario paint, it has all the original papers, the rumble pack, etc.

Fully boxed, mint Super Scope.

My uncle has an original pong machine and zx spectrum...

I have a SNES with super metroid, starwing and super mario allstars, n64 with about thirty games including mario tennis boxed, pokémon stadium 1+2 both boxed including transfer pack, lylatwars boxed with rumble pack. Don't know if it's retro now, but I still have my 'cube with a couple of rare games. PS1 with about 50 original games and another 50 copies. GB with metroid 2, all gb/c pokémon games including crystal, GB pocket, gba, gba sp with 30 gba games.

I wonder how much I'd get for it all... probably not much :(

I think for anything to be really special in this area, it must still be boxed and in as new condition! I'm sounding like Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons.

Pah. Any decent old game is good because of the game.

And beaten up boxes look cool anyhow.

..probably not what you were looking for but been getting some N64 stuff lately from amazon.. F-Zero X, Wave Race 64, Top Gear Rally, Operation Winback and ISS 98 (which is absolutely brilliant, somehow better than ISS 2000 which I already have) ..Jet Force Gemini should hopefully be on the way next week, though I gotta stop buying so much (despite how unbelievable cheap they all were :heh:)

..and, actually, I got a Mega Drive II for my brother from CEX the other day there with the 6 mega games cartridge (Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, The Revenge of Shinobi, World Cup Italia 90, Super Hang On, Columns) ..shall accompany the SNES in my household nicely :smile:

Erm...I have Nintendo World Cup (Game Boy) and Links Awakening DX, but that's about it.

I think for anything to be really special in this area, it must still be boxed and in as new condition! I'm sounding like Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons.

"No! I took it out of its original packaging! It is no longer a collectors item!"

Hi, I have a nes whit the packging and all docs + super mario bros boxed, super mario bros 3 boxed, castlevania 2, star wars, silent hunter boxed.

Snes whitout a box whit one super famicom controler :) , castlevania Iv, super star wars, mega man x, mario all stars, mario world+mario all stars, Starwing.

N64 whitout a box , mario 64, turok rage wars, Star Wars Shadows of the empier, Star Wars Rogue Squadron boxed NTSC USA.

Gamecube boxed whit 15 games ( Welda WW limited, metal gear solid T.S., Final Fantasy Cristal C.,Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2-3.

PS1 boxed whit some games.

on the retro front I've still got my BBC Micro I think it's called which hosts one of my favourite games to date Repton check out here if you don't have a clue what I am talking about...http://www.repton3.co.uk/repton1.php

Flameboy, you are the Maaaaan! I loved Repton. Holy cow, I think I may have to take a week off to play them all again.

I have a Brand-New-In-Box GB Color. I used to have a load of Game and Watches that we sold at a car boot sale ages ago. Some nights I still wake up in a cold sweat thinking about it.

Hey Flameboy, that page you linked to has a link to the Superior Interactive website (used to be Superior Software). They have resurrected Repton 1, 2 and 3 as PC games (among others such as Ricochet), some of which you can download demos of.

I bought Repton 3 and I am hooked. I play it pretty much every evening at the moment.

http://www.superiorinteractive.com

My dad just bought a fucking payload. Mint Starfox boxed Snes, with like 5, all mint, fully boxed games. He said he's gonna branch out and buy more expensive retro shit now too.

I still have a load of games from the first game boy (from the top of my head: super mario land 1&2, zelda: link's awakening, mercenary force, donkey kong land 3, mario&yoshi, the jetsons, samurai showdown, and still quite a lot of others). Does that count?

Must've played zelda the most from these games. I was still very young, didn't know any english yet and it was my first adventure game. I've actually spent more than two years before I finally finished it. Partly because of this game (and donkey kong land 3), I developed quite a strong 'bond' with my original gameboy at the time that I never quite got anymore with the gb color and the advance. The ds, on the other hand, seems to be able to bring me back again to the older days of the first gameboy.

I have Micro Machines, Ecco the Dolphin, Italia 90, Tasmanian Devil and some others on the Megadrive. I guess they're retro.

Just bought a Jap PC engine with 7 games off ebay. Also bought a few extra games off various other sellers. Still waiting for everything though, fucking post strike.

Turned up :D Works fine, it's got an RGB modification where someone's hardwired a scart lead inside on the RGB points so it's a really good picture actually. Got TwinBee, Legendary Axe, Gradius, PC Genjin (PC Kid/Bonks Adventure) some tennis game, R-Type 2 (Which is fucking nails) and MotoRoader 2. Parasol Stars on the way from ebay as well.

Quite tempted with the CD Drive add on as well, if I can fine one. No region or copy protection on the discs cos it was the first CD-based system.

p1010037kx4.th.jpgp1010040as5.th.jpgp1010041km0.th.jpgp1010042fq6.th.jpg

Bluestar: R-Type two is a cracker of a game, I hope you enjoy it! Also, you made a great decision with gettin yourself some Twinbee action- they need to put that on the VC.

Still buying stuff for my PC Engine, got quite a collection going now. Got an RGB booster to bring the colours up which makes it look much better on certain games. Got an extra pad and a multitap as well (There's only one joypad port to start with). Games I've got now are

Mr Heli (card only)

PC Kid 3 (boxed )

Ordyne (card only)

Parasol Stars (card only)

Rastan Saga 2 (boxed)

Legendary Axe (card only)

World Court Tennis (card only)

Motoroader 2 (card only)

Space Harrier (boxed)

Gradius (boxed)

Twinbee (boxed)

PC Kid (boxed)

R-Type 2 (card only)

Still waiting for Parodius, Tiger Road, PC Denjin (AKA Air Zonk), all boxed and Ryukyu (card only) to come from ebay. The last one is a canny puzzle game where you arrange falling card to make poker hands horizontally, vertically and diagonally and get rewarded by revealing artwork.