NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dyson

Hot Fuzz

So glad this is getting positive feedback. I'm definately going to need to go watch it as soon as I can. Been looking forward to it since I saw Simon Pegg and Nick Frost at the London Expo doing a Q & A on Hot Fuzz.

You were at London Expo?! I was there too - saw them do the same panel. ...Could we have met without even realising? Hahaha :P

I don't know what to expect really but i'll probably be seeing it. I think Shaun of the Dead is well overrated

Just got back and really liked it :D I wasn't even a fan of Shaun of the Dead really, but I enjoyed this.

I saw it today, and I thought it was brilliant... it's also a little bit more serious than Shaun of the Dead, especially at the beginning.

Did everyone notice the Shawn of the Dead DVD in the Bargain Bin?

I'm so gonna watch it again JUST to notice that :P

Well seen this and whether or not it is better than SOTD isn't one I can say yet, one thing I can say is it is incredible, so funny, great action scenes, and as for the final fight scene why has no one thought of doing that before?! so many self referential jokes to both spaced and shaun along with plenty of humour for cop film fans and just comedy fans in general, whether it stands up to repeated viewings in the same way as SOTD I don't know, but if it survives this test then it will surely be viewed as a classic just like its predecessor.

trailer before hand for simon peggs next film was on aswell run fatboy run, directed by david schwimmer of friends fame...looked pretty funny.

the best thing though, Edgar Wright has confirmed that at some point they will work together again and bring a third film to our cinema screens.

the best thing though, Edgar Wright has confirmed that at some point they will work together again and bring a third film to our cinema screens.

The best thing would be for them to do that third series of Spaced that was apparently on the drawing board at one point.

Just got back from seeing it. It is definately mega super fantastic. Basically did the same thing as SotD in that manages to evoke fully the feeling of the film genres it gentley lampoons. Like SotD in my eyes wasn't just a zombie movie parody, it was a zombie movie and Hot Fuzz is a buddy cop movie not just a parody. Plus it's hilarious which is a major bonus.

Great film, really was worth seeing. I loved the Point Break and Bad Boys II references!

Teh bad boys II part was amazing.

having not seen Bad Boys in either iteration, am I to assume that the entire end sequence was a big hommage?

having not seen Bad Boys in either iteration, am I to assume that the entire end sequence was a big hommage?

nope not particurly my mate hasn't seen them and didn't find it any less funny.

I want to see it. AGAAAAIN.

"What's the matter, Danny? Never taken a shortcut before?"

So glad this is getting positive feedback. I'm definately going to need to go watch it as soon as I can. Been looking forward to it since I saw Simon Pegg and Nick Frost at the London Expo doing a Q & A on Hot Fuzz.

Aye, the questions asked were generally crap though. "Can I have a hug?"

But yeah, the Q & A really got me hyped for the film, the footage that was shown was amazing, cant wait to see this, prob go see it next week.

Saw it earlier, was entertaining, great laugh. Much better than Shaun of the Dead imo.

Aye, the questions asked were generally crap though. "Can I have a hug?"

But yeah, the Q & A really got me hyped for the film, the footage that was shown was amazing, cant wait to see this, prob go see it next week.

You were there too? XD

Just got back from seeing this, much more serious at the beggining than i imagines it would be, but it's just so funny all the way through. The end really is the best part though. Everyone has to go see this!

Saw this last night. Wasn't too impressed with a lot of the film but then there were moments in it where I've not laughed that hard in years. I thought it was a bit lazy of them recycling some old jokes from spaced and shaun again. The first half was a bit boring and zzz aside from some stand out hilarious moments.

Actually, the whole first half was like an episode of Doc Martin! Tough professional from the big city moves to the weird countryside with the quirky characters. To be honest I'd have rather watched an episode of Doc Martin for much of the first half! There's some great scenes and moments in the second half but the joke there is very drawn out and in the end you don't really care if he gets Broadbent or not.

Don't think it can compare to Shaun, although that film has grown on me considerably since first seeing it. Shaun was more of a proper zombie movie with lots of funny bits and some very believable characters. This I think relied too much on odd, quirky characters for the comedy and it's the type of thing where much of the character comedy has been done before and better.

It's worth going to see but I was slightly disappointed. I'll probably buy the dvd eventually but not until it hits the 3 for 20 quid deal.

I've just remembered- it reminded me of the league of gentlemen at points. I was half expecting the barman to say "are you local?"...

I went to the Premier at Wells, the city it was filmed in (although they made it look like a town) and got to see Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright (who all apart from Nick grew up in Wells and Ed lives here).

I thought it was sublime. Truely amazing. Everyone says that it is slow at the start, but since it was announced, they said how two thirds of the movie is a murder investigation and the final part is action and I thought it all worked well. This is chiefly comedy, not an action movie, and so you have to admire the fact that they didn't just do endless fights.

The day after the premier the three of them were filming some stuff from the extras on the DVD going around Wells, and funnily enough, today, in the local magazine, it said that 3 swans had escaped from the castle area.

OMG, for everyone it must have been amazing to see a great film, but me and my mates, it was like a dream come true seeing our street being blown apart.

BTW, I know nobody with a West County accent.

I saw it yesterday, I was getting worried about halfway through that it was a bit too serious like, but the last half hour really really made it into a brilliant film, loved it!

'Did you tell him to cool off?'

'No, I didn't say anything actually...'

Sign in to follow this