NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dyson

Hot Fuzz

I just got back from seeing it, what an amazing film.

In my opinion (we were talking about it on the way home) the film starts of slow but ends up getting really fast paced, action packed etc, what you expect from the start - but it wouldn't be the same without the start. The start makes the beginning and vice versa.

Everything you'd expect from the same people behind Shaun of the Dead,

Anyone else seen it/plan to see it? It's definately one to see :P

I've also just seen it. It's fuckin awesome ;)

I loved the Tom Cruise scene at the end.

Shit, there was a bit after the credits? I figured there would be but we left before that. Bah, oh well, it'll be on Youtube soon :P

no i mean the bit at the end of the model village fight where he does the thing from Point Blank or whatever it is they watch after the pub

no i mean the bit at the end of the model village fight where he does the thing from Point Blank or whatever it is they watch after the pub

Lmao, right, that was great.

"Yaaaaahhhhhhh *bang bang bang*"

I shall perhaps partake in a watching of this tomorrow if my friends haven't been to see it already. Which they might have.

I'm gonna do something I really dislike to do, and usually dissapprove of, but I'm gonna try and get myself invited along with my mate on friday who's going to see it, I feel a bit unwanted given that he's mentioned it but not actually invited me, but I really wanna see it, and I'm going out with him in the evening anyway, so it might make it a little better. Is it better than SotD, or worse? Better than Spaced?

If you take Shaun of The Dead as a Zombie movie, this is the same treatment given to Buddy Cop movies like Lethal Weapon crossed with the englishness of small village Murder Mysteries. I reckon how muchh you compare them depends on how you go for the stuff Pegg is lampooning.

Is it better than SotD, or worse? Better than Spaced?

I havent seen it yet, I have stopped chasing the whole dream that anything produced by the team can better Spaced, rushed out to see SoTD on release day and felt more than underwhelmed by the experience.

A definite download first (if the hype gets big enough) and possibly pay to see afterwards style experience for me Im afraid.

So glad this is getting positive feedback. I'm definately going to need to go watch it as soon as I can. Been looking forward to it since I saw Simon Pegg and Nick Frost at the London Expo doing a Q & A on Hot Fuzz.

Been looking forward to it since I saw Simon Pegg and Nick Frost at the London Expo doing a Q & A on Hot Fuzz.

You little name dropper you!

I'll probably go watch it this weekend.

yeh i saw this. Absolutely hilarious!

The last 30 minutes were so random :D

I loved the fact that at the beginning the fat guy was like 'farmers have guns..and so do farmers mums', and then at the end when Angel entered the village he was attacked by the mum with the shotgun..hilarious!

Going to see it tonight. Though, i hear it's great, i don't like the reference to SotD, i mean, i liked that film, but it wasn't brilliant, and i certainly didn't feel the urge to buy it when it came out. Hmm, i hope this has a better effect on me, i think it might though.

Hullfire student magazine will say something like:

Hot on the heels of 2004’s Shaun of the Dead, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are back with Hot Fuzz. This time, the duo have turned their attentions to buddy cop action movies and murder mystery TV shows. Pegg plays Nicholas Angel- A met super cop who gets transferred to a sleepy village for being too good at his job. Once there, not all is as it seems, and the film becomes a surreal spoof of the likes of Midsommer Murders: robed assailants, brutal deaths and a bemused country folk are all accounted for- played by a literal who’s who of British comedians, and all performed at the surreal, lightning quick pace of an episode of Spaced.

The real skill of Pegg and Frost is in their ability to take genre’s they love, and gently nurse them into great comedy, and nowhere else is it as evident as it is in the films second half when they ditch the mystery angle and go full throttle into blistering action scenes. In the same style as setting a zombie siege in a pub, Hot Fuzz takes the Hollywood formula of an aviator wearing, tooth pick chewing reengage cop duo straight from Lethal Weapon or Hard Boiled and relocates to a country village high street; ditching gangsters for deadly parish priests in the process. Not a film to be missed by any means, Hot Fuzz is a very welcome return from great comedy writers, and easily one of the seasons best movies.

innit

Watched it last night.............am I the only one who didn't really like it?? I thought it was a bit crap tbh.......I just didn't really "get" the film if you know what I mean....not my cup of tea at all.

Watched it last night.............am I the only one who didn't really like it?? I thought it was a bit crap tbh.......I just didn't really "get" the film if you know what I mean....not my cup of tea at all.

I will probably get dragged to see this film come the weekend. I can see me not being keen on it as im not a great lover of british comedy flicks and I never saw Shaun of the Dead. Will not seeing SOTD spoil the experience for me?

shaun of the dead is good.techinally the best zombie movie ever....And certainly is better than resident evil

.............am I the only one who didn't really like it??

Of course you're not, stop thinking you're that special.

Just got back from seeing this. 8/10, its a great film, on par with the brilliant Shawn of the Dead.

I will probably get dragged to see this film come the weekend. I can see me not being keen on it as im not a great lover of british comedy flicks and I never saw Shaun of the Dead. Will not seeing SOTD spoil the experience for me?

Na, it won't. it's a great film (but its no rocky balboa :P)

Sign in to follow this