NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ant-Shimmin

Will they bring out a football game for the Wii

I would love it if they brought out some sort of football based game, using motion sensors, like having a sock on your right foot and you had to shoot, and you had to put to sock on your hand to save, like a basic wii sports game...

But what about a full fledged football game?

Thoughts?

don't know about a sock on ur hand. but apparently Konami are looking at

bringing a football game to the Wii whether its ISS or Pro Evo hasn't been said. Would also put money on the new Wii dedicated studio of EA porting us a version of FIFA, whether we will get the new champions league one I don't know, think it is more likely we will see FIFA 08 on the wii come the winter.

Failing that there's always Mario Strikers which will have online play.

Funny you should bring this topic up I am actually writing a piece on the possible control systems for my first blog post on my new blog (god what a shameless plug)

I'd love to see a footie game come to the Wii but I want it to make innovative use of the new control system. I've played Fifa and PES on both PS2 and the DS and I don't want something that just replicates those versions. As these games generally don't change much year on year, they need to do something different to make me want to buy yet another version.

Theres bound to be Fifa sooner or later. Mario Footy's on the way if that counts, brother?

Its gonna be interesting to see how they make Mario Footy play with the Wii controls - its still using them, right? Then when Fifa and (hopefully!) some incarnation of ISS comes we'll see some good use of the Wii features.

Off the top of my head we could use the nunchuk to move and then the pointer to point out passes? Then theres the buttons, maybe only the nunchuk buttons and A and the 'motes trigger could be used well in the heat of a game, so itll be interesting to see what control schemes we see. It would be nice to see the Wii's unique controls used for more than menu navigation!

Konami's 'Wii Sport Game' is supposedly a football game, as Konami expressed interest for a footy on Wii.

Let's hope this is PES and not ISS.

No gimmicky motion sensing please.

Best thing ever to happen to a football game was Online Multiplayer. PES6 on Xbox Live = best football game I've played.

No gimmicky motion sensing please.

Best thing ever to happen to a football game was Online Multiplayer. PES6 on Xbox Live = best football game I've played.

I thought PES6 on the 360 was crippled and shit compared to the PS2 version?

Yeah I was confused by that comment, PES on the 360 was scaled down, no replays, limited edit mode, few stadiums and a laggy online mode

Hopefully we'll get FIFA games that use the classic controller. If they want to bring in casual gamers they need it that way as that's what they're used to.

How does the whole FIFA 360 exclusive deal work out? I vaguely remember something about this being said.

I think Microsoft were just making things up. FIFA 07 is out on all the major consoles so far. Is it being released for the PS3?

I think Microsoft were just making things up. FIFA 07 is out on all the major consoles so far. Is it being released for the PS3?

Haven't hear anything about it being on the PS3, which is just making me wonder. I thought it was some kind of agreement meaning the only next-gen console it would land on is the 360?

Haven't hear anything about it being on the PS3, which is just making me wonder. I thought it was some kind of agreement meaning the only next-gen console it would land on is the 360?

Yeh, that's pretty much it...........but I would of said it was more of a case that EA wouldn't of been able to get a PS3 version of Fifa finished in time, and the same with Konami and PES/WE.

Both games will be on both consoles at end of this year though.

I'm holding onto a distant hope of the best football game ever.

Put a sensor on each foot, each hand and your head. Basically, you are a player. Kick it with each foot, do any skill you want, headers, etc. Slide tackles if you have the space. Your 1 player and it's online with 21 others all playing the same match. You can organise to go in a team with your friends or join a random one. Goalkeepers may require beanbags.

Crazy, I know. Won't ever happen, I know. But would it be fun? Definately.

How about a game where you use the pointer to choose where you want to kick the ball to? Or am I just talking rubbish?

am no no they will never ever ever bring a soccer game to wii........never..

ok seriously(i was being serious) i think it will hold horizontally and maybe you have to nudge to tackle.i dont know

FIFA and Pro evo next gen were exclusive to the 360...According to MS

Well it doesn't even matter anyway, Wii didn't have either game in development and the PS3 came out far to late for PES6 and FIFA 07 anyway!

Well it doesn't even matter anyway, Wii didn't have either game in development and the PS3 came out far to late for PES6 and FIFA 07 anyway!

well that was of course because that pro evo came out on ps2 instead and at least one came out for DS.I shows they care.

there will be a fifa lol.id bet a lot on it

Yeh, that's pretty much it...........but I would of said it was more of a case that EA wouldn't of been able to get a PS3 version of Fifa finished in time, and the same with Konami and PES/WE.

Both games will be on both consoles at end of this year though.

Yeah, good points made by both of you. Cheers for clearing that one up.

Hmm, if EA do decide to use the Wiimote, I think it would be pretty smart to maybe incorporate multiple control schemes. Maybe a scheme that just uses Wiimote, another scheme that uses Wiimote and Nunchuk (for full analogue stick action, plus should buttons and an extra sensor) and a Gamecube/Classic controller scheme.

yeah the one problem with only using the wiimote is the limited number of buttons...you compare it to a PS2 controller and its sadly lacking, I don't think various twists and turns could make up for this, even the arcadey style Mario Strikers uses both nunchuk and wiimote...

A version of Pro Evo is already playable on the Wii. CVG revealed this a long time ago. Lets hope they actually get around to releasing the game though. Wii needs Fifa, Pro Evo and other football games.

Sign in to follow this