NEurope
Triple_C

Why you hate GAME

do you not like going out ford ?

i actually prefer a bit of customer service and a friendly smile whilst walking around the shops.

when i lived in england i where possible avoided going down town in the day time, too many people in the way or generally irritating me. too many little fucking townies etc too & i can never be arsed dealing with them. going down in the night time was much better, shops are shut, just the pubs open, the important places ;) far less people too.

where i am now, i haven't left the house in about a month, but thats mainly cos i i don't know any one and don't know the place. plus the weather has been naff on and off, rain/wind. its a fairly long walk down into town too & if i did go down, i wouldn't know where to go or what to do. so i haven't bothered going down since my dad left for india a few days after i arrived here, a little over a month ago.

i hate goin to the town when its really busy its just flipping annoying i always get up early on a sat and go into town at 9am, its dead at that time over here, and you dont have to worry about bumping into people you hate :heh:

but i love helpin a customer and using my knowledge and wisdom :hehe: to help them and when they are really happy with what they got its great! but generally ballymena people are incredbly cheap and never happy :heh:

Off-topic: soag, I glanced at your sig and almost immediately after my keyboard, and it was as if the keys were themselves small rainbows on which my fingers would glide.

Glad to to be of service :)

In forestside? Cause they most certainly aren't nice.

Ahh i thought you meant belfast city center, I been in the Forestside game once, was playing god awful hip hop music i could only stand it for 5 minutes lol. But in the HMV next to it have awesome staff :). Was served by some guy who seemed to be stond out of his mind lol.

My local GAME aren't that bad actually. They're all pretty nice to customers and try to help you out. Obviously, they don't know everything about games but are informative.

And I have the feeling that many of you are complaining about the workers being stupid when it comes down to games, but come on, not everyone has the luxory, like us, to play games most of the time and read up on all the info. Although some of them do, most of them do have lives outside of their work, and MAYBE don't take gaming as seriously as we do? :rolleyes:

I bought my crystal Xbox on launch with my first paycheck from GAME in Glasgow. The manager clearly wanted a sale out of me but I managed to get a discounted contoller and he recommended a few good, classic, cheap games for the console like PGR" and Halo 1. He told me about Xbox Live an everything, then shook my hand and wished me the best with my new console. Nothing bad to say about them.

I went to Gamestation and they said they would give me £26 for four "old" Gamecube games, went into game they said they would give me £15 and I showed them the note to be accepted and maybe get £30 :)

BUT NO!

They said(in a very monotone voice) "it's on screen thats what you get"

Not like the good old days where EB games and Game used to compete for preowned games :(:(:(:(

I went to Gamestation and they said they would give me £26 for four "old" Gamecube games, went into game they said they would give me £15 and I showed them the note to be accepted and maybe get £30 :)

BUT NO!

They said(in a very monotone voice) "it's on screen thats what you get"

Not like the good old days where EB games and Game used to compete for preowned games :(:(:(:(

Thats cause Game are raking it in, they're the biggest computer game company in Europe and keep on earning money. Of course arrogance won't carry you forever but for now at least.

There was a meeting recently for the managers and they had a competition and the winner got a HDTV and all kinds of shit, so clearly they have money to burn.

Well, as an employee of GAME I have to argue with alot of the points you guys make. You seem to generalise. Thats bad. Someone said that GAME rent shelf space out. Thats the biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard. The shelf space is allocated on sales and sales alone. EA pay to have their own stands in the store but thats as far as it goes. Actual shelf space is sales only. Sorry guys, you believe alot of myths. As for the manager meeting, well, your obviously so well informed that you know stuff even the staff dont know.

As for the manager meeting, well, your obviously so well informed that you know stuff even the staff dont know.

If you read previous posts, you will see that ashley will begin working there at the 24th, and also he hangs out with various members of staff and management already, so he would know about certain things.

edit-which GAME is it you'll be working in Ashley; might see you some time!

As for the manager meeting, well, your obviously so well informed that you know stuff even the staff dont know.

Im just saying what the manager was telling me, he may be lying I dunno. Why he would lie about something so random I dunno, but there we go. It was some event thing to prepare for Christmas, find out what'll be big this year and all that.

And masaki86, the one in Kidderminster.

GAME reported major losses this quarter because of the lack of PSP stock available. They might not be as profitable as some make you believe.

GAME is a wierd shop, sometimes you get nice staff, other times horrible ones but i have noticed it move towards the latter lately. I prefer Gamestation because its still a gamers games shop (or at least it is in my hometown), the staff in there are gamers selling games instead of salesmen sellin something they'd rather not be bothered with

Game ARE a good shop. Mine has a small selection of GC games but they have the ones i want usually. I was talking to a staff member once about nintendogs and about how i think the ds is better than psp etc. I had one guy who seemed a little grumpy but not like angry or anythin. Id say that they are a good shop.

Only thing I hate about Game is that they won't give me a job..well neither would gamestation...Hell no where will give me job ;_; (just kidding about hating them becasue they won't give m job, would like one though)

But Game ain't too bad, Prices are a bit iffy, but they can be better than gamestation sometimes with the prices, can't remember what game it was but I bought one in Gamestation then saw it cheaper in game, Plus Game in town has the Ds right at the Fron of the shop with the GBA, Cube has a Dinky little Triangle in the middle >>

I think anyone who buys their games brand new from GAME/gamestation and not online is really stupid. And people who go into these shops just for conversations with the staff are even more stupid, in my opinion.

________

Expert Insurance

Edited by the_mars_volta

well theres a VERY limited choice for games over here, and as i dont have a credit card (aka no internet shopping) i havent got much choice but to go to game! and one of my best friends used to work there so of course i talk to the staff the odd time :|

And people who go into these shops just for conversations with the staff are even more stupid, in my opinion.

Hey I do that! (Well if I know the staff) although going into indie(pendent) record stores and chatting away about music and the like is a joy. Something everyone should do.

Glad to to be of service :)

Ahh i thought you meant belfast city center, I been in the Forestside game once, was playing god awful hip hop music i could only stand it for 5 minutes lol. But in the HMV next to it have awesome staff :). Was served by some guy who seemed to be stond out of his mind lol.

HMV rocks there! Have you met Derek? He is so cool. I once complained about the music and he went up stairs and changed it. Also its got loads of cheap music. it hardly has any deals on games, but when it does they're like sooo cheap.

I think anyone who buys their games brand new from GAME/gamestation and not online is really stupid. And people who go into these shops just for conversations with the staff are even more stupid, in my opinion.

Nuffin wrong with being social is there?

Tbh, I agree completely. I hate walking into a shop and seeing some 14 year olds talking to the guys behind the counter about games, and making pc's. Somehow, they think it makes them cool.

Funniest thing; some kid said to an employee at gamestation 'I can do a 64 hit combo in real life'. The was like 'really that's cool'

5 minutes later, the kid is gone, 'geez, what a dumbass'

I doubt they like talking to them tbh, the only time I ever got involved in a conversation was when I was buying Half-Life 2.

The guy was like: awesome game, but a bit easy. Are you gonna buy Halo 2?

Me: Just sold my xbox a few days ago

Guy: OMG, if you worked here, and did that, you'd be killed by the other guys

Me: O rly!!??

Guy: Yeah, we play alot during lunch and after work, so you need to be up to standards to enjoy it.

When I bought HL2 the only conversation was "you can't return it cause you have to register it online" so I was like "okay". Shame really, as I can't play on it cause it makes me all dizzy and sick-feeling. Looked forward to that game for ages and can't play it.

When I bought HL2 the only conversation was "you can't return it cause you have to register it online" so I was like "okay". Shame really, as I can't play on it cause it makes me all dizzy and sick-feeling. Looked forward to that game for ages and can't play it.

You should consult your doctor about that.

You should consult your doctor about that.

It's probably just motion sickness. quite a few people suffer from it, especially when playing FPS games.

HMV rocks there! Have you met Derek? He is so cool. I once complained about the music and he went up stairs and changed it. Also its got loads of cheap music. it hardly has any deals on games, but when it does they're like sooo cheap.

Unless Derek was the one that was stoned :p He had long hair and a kick ass beard lol. Im very rarely up there, was only there that time cos my mates then girlfriend worked in smyths toystore and we went up to see her.

Well, as an employee of GAME I have to argue with alot of the points you guys make. You seem to generalise. Thats bad. Someone said that GAME rent shelf space out. Thats the biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard. The shelf space is allocated on sales and sales alone. EA pay to have their own stands in the store but thats as far as it goes. Actual shelf space is sales only. Sorry guys, you believe alot of myths. As for the manager meeting, well, your obviously so well informed that you know stuff even the staff dont know.

Actually, no - its decided at HO level based on what "negotiation$" they have had with various publishers and devs, and then sent to you on your pretty marketting sheets. I believe a while ago I was asked by MS to check up to make sure our games were on the New Release bay as had been arranged. Same will go for any dedicated endcaps, and what actual facings are on your wall bays (not the number of wall bays), what are on your posters...its all bound in red tape Im afraid.

Edit - whoops, forgot to actually talk about the topic. I personally like Game a lot, as all of my buddies work there, it reminds me of the "good old days" when I was there and I meet some great people in them from day to day. HAving said that though, I wouldnt buy any full priced games from there. Consoles are about all I would get from Game, purely because their customer service team are always on the side of nobs that complain to them, and so if for any reason I needed to return it there would be no issues.

________

8 Series

Edited by Johelian