NEurope
Triple_C

Why you hate GAME

^ thats good...but...

Once I was in Game, the DS had just came out and I finally got my chance to pictochat with people (I had imported). SO were were looking at games while chatting and the man from game entered the convo and told us to leave straight away =/

And they have like 3 rows of gamecube games and thats it.

I know! the have a whole wall of PS2 games(not including the console or accesories) but only a little stand for GC games, the console and accesories.

The staff in the Grantham branch of GAME have only ever been nice to me.

Hurrah for GAME!

It annoys me when they have 'lowest price guaranteed' on games when they're clearly not as you can get on net like £10 cheaper.

I know! the have a whole wall of PS2 games(not including the console or accesories) but only a little stand for GC games, the console and accesories.

That isnt down to game. Game rent out the shelf space, so if Nintendo dont want to rent out a lot of shelves, then they dont get a lot of shelves. So, im sorry to bust your balls - but its Nintendo's fault

I guess its just in Belfast that everyone is grumpy.

I asked a memebr of staff in game if there was a wifi hot spot in the shop and he said:

"That would be steelin'!"

The staff in the Game stores I've been into are friendly, as well. Their 10 day returns policy is second to none, and they always have the newest releases on release day.

Hurrah for Game, indeed.

My GAME outlet has an odour that is not pleasant by any stretch of the imagination. It's all very sterile, difficult and lifeless; white fittings, one-tone displays; which seems terribly unsuitable when you consider the product they're pushing. It's not really a situation that I feel comfortable in; the objects of my desire presented in such uniform; it is not what they deserve, they are not animals.

The workforce are polite but often aggressive, and go to great lengths to undermine the philosophy of 'no-hassle' returns. It is also outside where there is warmth and other humans: an abhorrent concept!

(ABRIDGED: It's a bit stuffy, easier to order online)

GAME is a good shop although sometimes the staff can be annoying and sometimes theyre nice. Gamestation is a good shop, it has a good bit on Gamecube, and it sells 2nd hand games including N64, etc... and the staff are always nice in there, but GAME is still good apart form the staff who are sometimes grumpy or decide to say nothing to you or pretend they can't hear you when you ask them something. lol

I really canne see much wrong with our GAME. Although truth be told I almost always order games online thesedays, because any highstreet games shop seems to have a habit of ripping me off.

GAME in my town is a nice place, had a few multiplayer games with them and their always great to argue with coz there die hard sony/xbox fans and easily get annoyed :P

Well, a few weekends back, they forced my brother to buy his PSP otherwise they'l take his 20 quid deposit away, now if im not mistaken, what would be the hassle if they just kept he's deposit there?

What I hate about GAME, despite the sky high prices of course, has to be that 99% of the staff has shit for brains and whenever you go in to buy a Nintendo product they don't let you leave without attempting to mock you or harass you in to buying something made by Sony or Microsoft. They’re so biased its unreal!

I much prefer Gamestation, but not as much as Gameplay.co.uk and VGP. Both of which now get all of my hard earned cash.

Seriously the best bit of advice to people that don't like GAME is this:

Ignore them, buy all of your games online.

You'll save money,

You'll get your games earlier,

and most importantly,

You'll be contributing to the demise of GAME! :hehe:

i like game, i know a guy works in my local one and a guy that used to, they both really friendly wouldnt hassle ya etc. could probs get most of the games cheaper online but isnt that the way most things are. Ballymena sucks for all things electronic anyway :heh:

i don't like it because their second hand prices are a rip off compared to gamestation and also the staff on AVERAGE seem to far less knowledgable and are more than willing to sell you a crappy game or offer some bad advice.

Its mostly good though, gametstation is my high-street store of choice. Followed by game. But i buy 95% of my games online because its cheaper.

Game is too expensive and is always crowded, staff are not always nice.

Gamestation is better, although only on account of their prices and less crowdedness. The staff aren't much better and the shop has a funny smell so if I stay in there too long I feel sick.

I remember when I went to Electronics Boutique in Colorado the Easter before last. It was the last day of our trip, and the day Far Cry came out. It came out a week before it was due in our country. Anywho, I picked up the game, which was actually in CD form. So it was 8 flipping discs, ROFL. I remember there was abit of an uproar in the US because they never brought it out on DVD-ROM, it was about 4Gbs afterall....anywho I digress...

So I picked up the game, and feeling rather happy walked up the counter. The yank dinged it up and I felt rather pleased because it rang up at $29.50. And considering the exchange rate, that was about £15. Then he tapped a few more keys, and flipping 'State Tax' appeared on the screen...then 'Mall Tax'. And before I knew it the price was at flipping $44.99. "Thats fourty-five dollers my good European friend", he chirped merrily. I reluctently handed over precious green paper doller things, and stumbled out of the shop thinking our tax at our was rather amicable.