NEurope

Revive Pouch? What's that?

i think it was called the celestial pouch or somthing, you filled it with food, when you died you came back to life if you had a full pouch.

According to the email I got from Zavvi today, my order has been 'despatched' (..their spelling :heh:)

I really didn't expect it so soon.. awesome :yay:

i think it was called the celestial pouch or somthing, you filled it with food, when you died you came back to life if you had a full pouch.

LOL

They really wanted this game to be hella easy, right?

Ridiculous

LOL

They really wanted this game to be hella easy, right?

Ridiculous

i hyad several pouches left over.

i think they wanted the game to be difficult without beign ahrd, in that you were pushed to about the extent of a single lifebar in each figh, but they didnt want you to die. kinda good idea but if im honest, it made it boring.

even zelda was harder.

Yes, the game is damn boring, something i didn't expect at all.

But now that i finished it, looking it in retrospective, is a worth Nintendo Wii game that deserves to be in my library of games.

its a good game, dont get me wrong, beautiful in many places, but far to dragged out. certainly would have bennefitted from dropping the run up to the final boss alltogether.

AWESOME game, yes it's easy but that doesn't stop it from beaing great in any way! I absolutely loved it!

If yiou've not got it, buy it, it's a MUST HAVE!

Just had a look on VGChartz.com and it's an absolute crime that this game has only just managed 100,000 sales WORLDWIDE! :( Where as Carnival Games has sold 2.5 million....

Just had a look on VGChartz.com and it's an absolute crime that this game has only just managed 100,000 sales WORLDWIDE! :( Where as Carnival Games has sold 2.5 million....

I'm a massive fan of Carnival games! It's a great pick up and play title. Well, great is a bit strong. It has at least 4 really addictive flash-like games in there.

Okami sounds like it would devour my life and I just don't have the time to appreciate a title like that at the moment.

Maybe that's the reason it just hasn't sold 2.5million copies? I dunno.

Some games are just too big. I've been meaning to pick up oblivion since it came out. And now Fallout 3 is out so I'm miles behind. I just don't have the time to play such vast games without compromising both my personal life and studies.

When I retire I'll be searching everywhere for these titles. Afterall, it's such a shame that titles are judged on their "initial" sales. Good titles are evergreen. Maybe that's why this title has been re-released (as they knew it was good.) Maybe that's why we've seen Chrono Trigger on the DS and titles like BG&E and even Pikmin 2 still praised and still commented on in the vein of "oooh, must pick this up" to this day.

Obviously, I'm just throwing ideas around. It's what I do.

Its not only that Okami is too big, is also because its boring.

Oblivion is a lot less boring than Okami, even though it can be twice as big.

Okami doesn't know how to stretch, and its damn easy (then again, it would be even more boring harder)

Don't put too much faith in VGChartz...

And besides, 100,000 would actually be quite good. It definately outsold the PS2 version, that's fact.

It's sold more than 100,000. If you can remember a few weeks back, Capcom's sales figures put it at having sold around about 200,000 copies, which isn't too bad.

i Love this game.. but got pretty annoyed by the controls.. I played it on the ps2 and found it easy drawing and stuff... you would think it would be even better on the wii.. not so.. I don't know how many tries I sometimes have to do to get it to accept my drawing.. makes those underground 2D things almost impossible

i Love this game.. but got pretty annoyed by the controls.. I played it on the ps2 and found it easy drawing and stuff... you would think it would be even better on the wii.. not so.. I don't know how many tries I sometimes have to do to get it to accept my drawing.. makes those underground 2D things almost impossible

dont get me started on the 2D digging, or the tree blosom dance. really tested me, though they were forgiven

dont get me started on the 2D digging, or the tree blosom dance. really tested me, though they were forgiven

That's where I stopped for a good few months actually. The bit where you met that girl at Sasa Sanctuary and had to do a HUGE 2D dig. Really frustrating.

So glad I picked it back up again though and recently finished it. Loved it to pieces.

Does anyone know where you could possibly download a high quality video of that lovely PS2 ending? I've been downloading the vids off YouTube, but the quality doesn't do it justice, and I'd like to be able to watch this properly when I clock the game.

Cheers all. :)

...Holy christ! What an awesome game! Just bought this out of the blue and I'm hooked. This is more like art than a game... Christ, its just beautiful! Everything is captured wonderfully. And it feels like the first wii game in ages to give me my first Game Over (that French speaking boss)... The wii controls are implemented perfectly. Sure, some mishaps but its pretty much perfect, heaven knows what such a game would be like with MotionPlus.

Its got me thinking actually... It seems Twilight Princess borrowed heavely from this, its uncanny. With the cursed lands waiting for you to heal/restore, the gods resembling TPs light spirits, the postman and ofcourse, the wolf. Its almost disgraceful actually.

But Nippon sure does beat Hyrule Field, I mean the field is not even bustling with people but it still has more people than TP's Hyrule Field, and the towns are far more denser.

10/10

Its got me thinking actually... It seems Twilight Princess borrowed heavely from this, its uncanny. With the cursed lands waiting for you to heal/restore, the gods resembling TPs light spirits, the postman and ofcourse, the wolf. Its almost disgraceful actually.

*sigh*

Twilight Princess had all those elements before Okami even came out.

I actually stopped playing this... I'm about 35 hours in and the game is getting pretty boring and especially annoying. I've lost all my patience to endure Issun's stupid comments. And I shared King V's enthusiasm when I started the game. :)

Man, the writing is pretty poor in Issun! On top of all the sex jokes, which get old after 5 minutes, he speaks as if I'm stupid, spelling out all the story details as if I were 4 years old.

Also, he IS stupid and dumb, he doesn't get himself most of the game refferences and just acts like a tough guy, not getting what's going on "behind the scenes".

Issun is probably the most annoying character I've ever seen in any game! And he's the main character in Okami! I just about gave up on Okami because of the annoyance factor. I played Disaster in stead and then moved on to the 360, presently playing Fallout 3.

But it's too bad cause Okami's story is actually pretty good, if the writing wasn't so fucking annoying. By writing I mean the style chosen, so no, I'm not contradicting myself, story can be good with bad writing.

PS: Oh, and King V, whatever you do, DO NOT buy the Fleetfoot technique at the Dojo, it is not needed and will just fuck up your nunchuck controls, it will be extremely sensitive to the slightest tilt and can make Ami roll out of control at inapropriate times.

Edited by ...

Issun is the secondary supporting character. Okami Amaterasu is the main character, hence why you play her.

I do agree though that Issun became annoying the further you progressed through the game but I just put that aside so that I could enjoy the thing from start to finish and I did. Need to continue from where I left off in my second run through so may play it again in the summer although I'm trying to keep off of the games during that period.