NEurope

Got it on Friday and I'm absolutely loving it. I've spent almost 6 hours just messing about enjoying the scenery. I do have a gripe with the controls in battle. Out of battle they are precise and accurate but in battle it can take me 6 or 7 swings of the wii-mote before it is recognised and an attack is launched. I end up having to use extreme force with the wii-mote to get it to recognise the motion. Trying to get one of the new techniques at the dojo took an absolute age because it wouldn't recognise my swinging.

Apart from that frustrating problem, its been good.

Welcome to Forumland, Ganepark :D

I'll get this when I next go into town/Trafford Centre. Sick of it being reccomended to me.

Got it on Friday and I'm absolutely loving it. I've spent almost 6 hours just messing about enjoying the scenery. I do have a gripe with the controls in battle. Out of battle they are precise and accurate but in battle it can take me 6 or 7 swings of the wii-mote before it is recognised and an attack is launched. I end up having to use extreme force with the wii-mote to get it to recognise the motion. Trying to get one of the new techniques at the dojo took an absolute age because it wouldn't recognise my swinging.

As I mentioned earlier, you'll be less frustrated if you just hold down the Z button before you swing/flick/draw with the "brush" especially on the enemies who offer their instruments as target practice! You won't get more than about 3 attempts at getting them to drop the "death throes" items, so you need to be quick.

As for learning techniques, it's likely that your timing is out rather than their being a recognition problem, especially if it's the ones where you have to do several swipes in a row. Alter the timing to one which is swift but smooth and you should be okay. You can practice to your heart's content whilst in the Dojo, so make sure you've got it sorted before you leave.

So i'm guessing the ending credits are also missing in the pal version of okami too right?

ROTFL...'Extreme force'?...For real? Wahahahahaha! ^^

GameStop, GAME and HMV in the same place? Where exactly do you live?

well in Dublin city center they are a minute walk from each other on either side of the city

How do I get fangs from the loading screen? In the PS2 version you had to press x for each footprint, but I've pressed everything on the Wii remote and nunchunk and nothing seems to work.

How do I get fangs from the loading screen? In the PS2 version you had to press x for each footprint, but I've pressed everything on the Wii remote and nunchunk and nothing seems to work.

It appears that this feature has also been removed from the Wii version, sadly. Having said that, there are quite a lot of methods to accumulate the Fangs during gameplay.

Hello guys. I love Ókami, really. It is one of the greatest games of all time, but I have a problem with my brand new Wii PAL version. Sadly, it is not smooth enough, especially when you compare it with the NTSC version. I do`nt know how is this possible but via Freeloader /yeah, I could not wait/, everything was perfectly smooth and the game itself run brilliantly /component cable, 480p/. It is especially noticeable when you are moving camera 360degree around Amaterasu. If you do it in the PAL version, you will be surprised how horribly the framerate suffers.

Have anyone experienced that? Or could it be a crap DVD? I am hopeless. Of course, the game itself is playable, but I thought that Ókami deserves more than bad framerate in PAL terriotories `cause it is a rare gem :heart: .

Thanks for your answers.

It appears that this feature has also been removed from the Wii version, sadly. Having said that, there are quite a lot of methods to accumulate the Fangs during gameplay.

Can you give me some tips? I'm finding it really frustrating trying to get a large number of them :(

As for the frame rate thing, I've found it can REALLY suffer in battles, especially when facing 3 or so enemies and you use the brush. The Cherry Bomb move in particular can bring the game to a chronic halt which is a shame. Was there as much pop-up in the NTSC and PS2 version?

i got 50 horns just playing normaly and cutting imps to finnish.

i havent seen much slowdown, even with multiple enemies, and cherry bombs.

I can't say that I have noticed much (if any) slowdown at all.

As for the fangs , I was struggling to get them early , until I discovered a particular move that you can learn.

Can you give me some tips? I'm finding it really frustrating trying to get a large number of them :(

As for the frame rate thing, I've found it can REALLY suffer in battles, especially when facing 3 or so enemies and you use the brush. The Cherry Bomb move in particular can bring the game to a chronic halt which is a shame. Was there as much pop-up in the NTSC and PS2 version?

Cut imps and fishes in half. It doesn't work if you attack them normally after you have killed them or if you killed them by cutting them. Draw a circle around the plant animal you meet in the first dungeon.

Damn my order didnt arrive today. Supremely gutted. Ordered at like 1am on tuesday (so technically wednesday). Worked my butt of to try and distract myself, only to come home find that it hadn't arrived. Anyone know how long it usually takes stuff to arrive from shopto? Ugh, god forbid the same happens with smash bros. Really want to get that early to give myself a good chance for next saturday.

This game is probably the best game on the Wii I have played since Mario Galaxy! I actually prefer it in many ways, probably because I like these type of adventure games more than platformers. Sure it isnt perfect, but it very nearly is! and i love the little dude who rides around with you, hes such a laugh. Why havent more people got this game and are discussing it!? its a travesty that i saw it at number 14 in the GAME chart!

Another day, and another where it has not arrived. Supremely pissed off.

You ordered from HMV, right? Oh dear.

If you got it from shopto you really should have had it yesterday.

It may be worth giving your local delivery office a ring to make sure it isn't with them , only because shopto stuff is sent recorded and knowing what some posties are like maybe yours didn't put a card through to say you have missed the delivery.

If you got it from shopto you really should have had it yesterday.

It may be worth giving your local delivery office a ring to make sure it isn't with them , only because shopto stuff is sent recorded and knowing what some posties are like maybe yours didn't put a card through to say you have missed the delivery.

Wow. It's late. Im really tired. And yet my anger levels are rising. I tried to track the progress of my order and it said that I could not as tracking on 'recorded items' or wtvr is only done for stuff that has been deliver. i mean WTF :wtf: . Why track something when it has already arrived. Whew, whoosa. Need to calm myself down, and found out my nearest post office place as I havent lived here long.

It is pretty frustrating that Okami has again sold poorly and it is definitely a game that I want to play. However, I can't really complain about it's lack of sales because I haven't got it yet either :hmm:

I have not completed Twilight Princess yet and I have a load of other games I need to get through that I already own.. however, the main reason I have not bought this yet is due to money.. not just because I am trying not to spend very much at the minute but I believe that considering Okami isn't performing well I will be able to pick this up for a much lower price in a few months time (when I actually have time to play it..)

Hello guys. I love Ókami, really. It is one of the greatest games of all time, but I have a problem with my brand new Wii PAL version. Sadly, it is not smooth enough, especially when you compare it with the NTSC version. I do`nt know how is this possible but via Freeloader /yeah, I could not wait/, everything was perfectly smooth and the game itself run brilliantly /component cable, 480p/. It is especially noticeable when you are moving camera 360degree around Amaterasu. If you do it in the PAL version, you will be surprised how horribly the framerate suffers.

Have anyone experienced that? Or could it be a crap DVD? I am hopeless. Of course, the game itself is playable, but I thought that Ókami deserves more than bad framerate in PAL terriotories `cause it is a rare gem :heart: .

Thanks for your answers.

I haven't noticed any framerate problems, mind you I'm only around 7 or so hours in at the moment.

Does this run in full widescreen?
Nearly, just got minimal borders on the sides of the screen.

Biggest setback visually (aside from the text clarity) is the now muted parchment paper effect, but you only really notice that on the pre-rendered cut scenes where it is in full effect (I guess they're straight from the PS2 version) other than that though it looks great.

OK, so this has probably been discussed, but what's the cheapest site to get this from? On another (possibly) unrelated note is hmv's site reliable?