NEurope
THE ganondorflol

Where will gaming go now the Wii is released?

I really hope that they will make a horsepower machine the next time...I can stand every kind of 2D, but i can not stand bad 3D

2D is always good, 3D do only get worse in time

But graphics is not the only thing that would be better, the physics would also be better

I would never play Half life 2 on N64 with the wii-mote, I would play the Xbox version(only consoles in this comparison) with the amazing physics and nice graphics instead...

Some people forgets that more powerful hardware allows massive areas with hundreds of enemies, really advanced AI, great physics and not only better graphics

The next Wiimote will track position in a 3D space and orientation, instead of motion, tilt and using the sensor bar. It's basically more reliable and would work much better as a pointer, the sensor bar only really works perfectly from on position.

I hope the next Wii comes with a camera that can recognise your body, so along with a Wiimote, you can control games by simple movements; much like Eyetoy but because of the improved Wiimote incredibly more accurate.

Also, the Wiimote begs for a microphone for voice control.

I hope the next Wii comes with a camera that can recognise your body, so along with a Wiimote, you can control games by simple movements; much like Eyetoy but because of the improved Wiimote incredibly more accurate.

Also, the Wiimote begs for a microphone for voice control.

Yeah I can see a system similar to that, not like the eyetoy in showing you on the screen, but a new style sensor bar that actually tracks your positions etc...

Think the Wii will stick around for a while though, but once the up take of HDTV's is a lot higher in households we are sure to see either an upscaled version of the current Wii or a next gen one, one thing I do think is the Wii as a franchise is here to stay if it is a massive success, as Nintendo will want to keep the image up.

I dont think it will change much tbh.

A surprise competitor will launch a new console, bringing the total to 4.

You never know Sega might make a comeback. :smile: