NEurope
gaggle64

General Tee-Vee Thread

Shit, forgot all about that, when is it repeated?

Ah, here we are, 4.30pm Sunday. All I really want is a less cack Torchwood.

So I've had a chance to watch a good portion of Spaced and I feel I'm ready to throw a few opinions out there.

So the first season - or series being that this is a British show, hurdle was cleared with mixed feelings. Whilst the originality and jokes were there, season one seemed to drift on by never really reaching much of a memorable status. I may have even come out of it slightly disappointed - I don't know. My expectations may have been too high.

This vague disappointment was all about to change when season 2 was popped into the Xbox and has literally had me in fits of laughter every episode. Honestly, some of the stuff they're pulling out of their hats this second time around is absolutely hysterical. Unforgettable comedy that really hits the spot. Too bad it's all going to end in a few episodes time, but I'm loving what there's been upto just over the halfway point.

Spaced is brilliant. Season 2 especially so.

I missed this, but did anyone catch Primeval? Looked kinda interesting.

Was surprisingly good, for a TV show. People said it was "ITV's answer to Doctor Who", but it's more like Torchwood (but so far not as good). I'll be watching a few more episodes, to see how they are.

It's better than 99.9% of whats on TV now, anyway.

Was surprisingly good, for a TV show. People said it was "ITV's answer to Doctor Who", but it's more like Torchwood (but so far not as good). I'll be watching a few more episodes, to see how they are.

Yes but its about stuff from the dinosaur time comng through time holes. Not stuff from other plannets ending up here.

I've been thinking. New Battlestar Galactica and Life on Mars. Both clearly great shows, and yet I just can't be bothered with them. I'm not being snide, I honestly don't get it. Both of these really should appeal to me more then they do. Good acting, decent script, high production values and yet with both I find myself flipping straight through. Why? Why can't I just enjoy the things?

This seems the appropraite place, can someone tell me what the Hank Scorpio episode of the simpsons is called?

EDIT: Nevermind, a quick google got me the answer.

I know it's sad but i watch Masterchef every week day @ 6:30.

I watch the T.V quite regularly, there are usually some cool series any part of the year, whether its masterchef, david attenborough, top gear or a good gameshow series (not the typical big brother or im a celebrity though).

This seems the appropraite place, can someone tell me what the Hank Scorpio episode of the simpsons is called?

"You Only Move Twice" (Ep2 - Season 8)

I also found this tribute website to him:

http://www.frinky.com/globex/

In the past: both versions of Rome.

Now: Eastenders.

Soon: Doctor Who. PS Primeval is a crap drama which tries to be Doctor Whio but isn't

I think that British television is so poor when compared to the American stuff.

In this age of downloads, I hardly watch British TV now.

Dexter is a really good programme which despite not getting as much hype as the Lost/Prison Break/Heroes types, it is just as good.

Oh, and Veronica Mars is good too.

I just finished the last episode of Sopranos Season 6. Now I have to wait ages for 8 more episodes, and then it's finished for good.

In the words of Tony, "mother fucking c**t".

In the past: both versions of Rome.

Now: Eastenders.

Soon: Doctor Who. PS Primeval is a crap drama which tries to be Doctor Whio but isn't

I pity you.

99.9% of British TV anywho.

Dexter is a really good programme which despite not getting as much hype as the Lost/Prison Break/Heroes types, it is just as good.

I keep meaning to watch Dexter as my friend is always raving about it, and it has Julie Benz in it.

I sincerely hope everyone watched Top Gear. That was easily the best hour of television produced in the last 25 years. Easily.

I completely forgot about Top Gear :( It should be on Youtube sometime tomorrow though.

Did anyone else see Paul Merton's last ever episode of Room 101 the other night? Easily the best episode i've seen.

Any one know who's taking over as presenter?

I completely forgot about Top Gear :( It should be on Youtube sometime tomorrow though.

Did anyone else see Paul Merton's last ever episode of Room 101 the other night? Easily the best episode i've seen.

Any one know who's taking over as presenter?

yeah it was good, but now paul merton has stopped doing it i feel it may get canned after 1 series or so. Unless someone really good takes over that is

Well Paul Merton isn't the first presenter, Im sure they'll find someone.

Does anyone here really watch Alias?

I just watched the first three episodes, and I'm unsure on it. The pilot is the cheesiest piece of television I've ever seen. Initially it seems incredibly crap, with oh so many cliches, and ridiculously stupid events and unbelievable exaggerated plots, coupled with cringey one liners, but then due to the sheer absurdness of it, it becomes watchable in a so bad it's good kind of way.

I just can't believe the guy who made Lost made this. Seem a mile apart.

Honestly? I think both are equally absurd. Sure Alias is cheesy, but then that's precisely why you watch it. Lost tries to pretend it's something else, and just ends up being absurd for all the wrong reasons.

I was always interested in Alias but never did watch it. That and stuff like Dead Like Me and other programmes. Theres lots of stuff I intend to watch.

Alias rules!! It did take me a while to get into it, but it is really good! The Quentin Tarantino episodes in season 1 is were it really kicks off, and season 2 - 4 rule! Season 5 was very disapoointing tho. Some great twists and cliff-hangers along the way, and Marshall rules, along with Jack Brsitow of course! Which makes me wonder why heroes are always called Jack in some of our most popular TV shows :-

Alias - Jack Bristow

Lost - Jack Sheperd

24 - Jack Bauer

anymore????

And, did anyone catch Supermarket Sweep today? Any good?

Alias rules!! It did take me a while to get into it, but it is really good! The Quentin Tarantino episodes in season 1 is were it really kicks off, and season 2 - 4 rule! Season 5 was very disapoointing tho. Some great twists and cliff-hangers along the way, and Marshall rules, along with Jack Brsitow of course! Which makes me wonder why heroes are always called Jack in some of our most popular TV shows :-

Alias - Jack Bristow

Lost - Jack Sheperd

24 - Jack Bauer

anymore????

And, did anyone catch Supermarket Sweep today? Any good?

Jack is a very commonly used name, especially in ye olde days. Its why the media dubbed Jack the Ripper...well Jack the Ripper.

I think that British television is so poor when compared to the American stuff.

In this age of downloads, I hardly watch British TV now.

Oh, and Veronica Mars is good too.

Hmmm soaps, comedies and sci-fi adventures are owned by Britain, wheras Action/adventure(24), cartoons(simpsons), and documetntries are best done from across the pond me thinks.