NEurope
gaggle64

General Tee-Vee Thread

Hmmm soaps, comedies and sci-fi adventures are owned by Britain

Complete Bollocks, Neighbours is better than all the UK soaps put together, British sitcoms have been a sorry state of affairs for about ten years and British scifi is an utter disgrace, thanks to Russel T Davies.

friday night projects is hilarious.

Desperate housewives is very funny and random

Simpsons is still funny

E.R is great

Ugly betty is one of the best new shows on tv

Skins is superb

Tv is getting better....well....CHANNEL 4 at least.

Torchwood is also fantastic.

(neighbours is utter trash like any other soap)

Neighbours is better than all the UK soaps put together

LMAO! Neighbours is some happy little street in the outback, in where every girl wears a bikini and noting good happens. They should hire Johnny Allen to sort it out.

PS Dillan's the father!

LMAO! Neighbours is some happy little street in the outback, in where every girl wears a bikini and noting good happens. They should hire Johnny Allen to sort it out.

PS Dillan's the father!

Believe me not every girl wears a bikini, you wouldn't wanna see Bree in a two piece!

Also its not set in the outback, it is in Melbourne - do you think the whole of Australia is the outback and as far as I'm concerned it was the perfect ratio of good/ bad times, unlike the shit fest that is Eastenders which is nothing but crappy cockney accents and 24/7 doom and gloom!

Finally why would Neighbours want some two bit crappy villain (Johnny Allen) when we have the infinitely better (ok so he's gone a bit soft lately) Paul Robinson! Oh and we already know Dillan's the father, great spoiler there.

:indeed:

yes...but its still utter trash

Not like Torchwood, eh?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hmmm soaps, comedies and sci-fi adventures are owned by Britain, wheras Action/adventure(24), cartoons(simpsons), and documetntries are best done from across the pond me thinks.

Nothing can beat Passions. What other soap operas have witches, demonic posesssions and mermaids!

British comedy is pretencious, it thinks its better than it actually is. I can't remember the last time I watched at anything British-produced.

Sci-fi? Apart from Doctor Who and Torchwood (and Im not going to get into the discussion on whether they are good or not) what Sci-fi has Britain really done lately?

(Granted you say "me thinks" but I like arguing/bashing British TV)

I'm really into Grey's Anatomy at the moment, it's compluslive viewing once you get into it, easy to see why it's at the top of the pile in the US.

Not like Torchwood, eh?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not like TorchWood at all. TorchWood was one of the best shows on TV Last Year. Better than 24, Prison Break, Lost, Heroes and I'm going to die now, aren't I?

TorchWood was one of the best shows on TV Last Year. Better than 24, and I'm going to die now, aren't I?

:nono: You're going down, sunshine.

I'm not huge fan of 24, but Torchwood is somewhat dump.

For documentaries, you simply can't beat the combined efforts of More 4 and BBC 4. Where else would you see a documentary about community rebuilding in the Sao Palo favellas, or the work of Herge? And then there's the wildlife section on BBC2. The best the likes of the Discovery or History channel can do is imitate their success.

Not like TorchWood at all. TorchWood was one of the best shows on TV Last Year. Better than 24, Prison Break, Lost, Heroes and I'm going to die now, aren't I?

I think you're already dead, and in some sort of Hell where you are forced to watch Torchwood until you like it.

I think you're already dead, and in some sort of Hell where you are forced to watch Torchwood until you like it.

Or, I live in Real Life, where different people have different opinions.

I don't watch a lot of TV because i got an annoying Sister who hogs the remote control all the time so i tend to watch DVD's in my room most of the time or Freeview which has limited channels (it has all the BBC and ITV channels, News, C4, More4, E4 and Sky Three)

When i do watch the TV, i mainly watch classic comedies like Red Dwarf, Home Improvement, Blackadder, Men Behaving Badly, Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses, Mr Bean (now and then), Brittas Empire and pratically any other comedies i can find on UKTV Gold and G2.

I also watch other programs like Top Gear and some of the BBC and ITV dramas and crime dramas that i find interesting. I also sometimes watch the music channels as well and some of the documentary channels as well (they have good things on sometimes). When there is a good game on the sports, i watch that as well.

Believe me not every girl wears a bikini, you wouldn't wanna see Bree in a two piece!

Also its not set in the outback, it is in Melbourne - do you think the whole of Australia is the outback and as far as I'm concerned it was the perfect ratio of good/ bad times, unlike the shit fest that is Eastenders which is nothing but crappy cockney accents and 24/7 doom and gloom!

Finally why would Neighbours want some two bit crappy villain (Johnny Allen) when we have the infinitely better (ok so he's gone a bit soft lately) Paul Robinson! Oh and we already know Dillan's the father, great spoiler there.

:indeed:

:nono::(:shakehead How dare you! You hooligan you! Learn to respect gangsters like Johnny Allen, the KING!!! Die, you dirty, dirty beast. Oh, and I love Paul Robinson too, but he just isn't as evil as he used to be . Ask yourself this: Has Paul ever killed anyone? And has Johnny Allen? Think about and bow your head in shame. The time has come for me to set up a Johnny Allen fanclub.

do you ever disagree, The Constantine. Always agreeing with my points is slighty annoying. Torchwood was the worst thing DR WHO has ever done and all copies should be burnt. 24 pwns Torchwood! lol

Torchwood was the worst thing DR WHO has ever done and all copies should be burnt. 24 pwns Torchwood! lol

To be honest Dr Who post Sylvester McCoy is no better.

At least old Dr Who could laugh at itself, but not the new stuff, Russel T Dildo has singlehandedly destroyed British scifi.

New Never Mind The Buzzcocks in half an hour on BBC2. Looking forward to this one, apparently Amstell is constantly rude to the lead singer of the Ordinary Boys so he storms out half way through :D

New Never Mind The Buzzcocks in half an hour on BBC2. Looking forward to this one, apparently Amstell is constantly rude to the lead singer of the Ordinary Boys so he storms out half way through :D

Amstell is just following Lemarrs lead, he needs to get his own personailty.

Does anybody else think that THE_Ganandorf and The Constantine are the same person?