NEurope
gaggle64

General Tee-Vee Thread

I think an all-purpose TV thread is required, for discussion of past, present and future telly watching that isn't itself viable for it's own thread. Just to take the heat off the Meaningless Post Thread, if nothing else.

Anyway, everyone simply must tune into BBC2 at 10pm tonight, as it will be Paul Mertons last ever appearance on the show as it's presenter. His guest will be, of course, his partner in crime Ian Hislop. Score.

TV Shows i watched regually last year:

- Doctor Who

- TorchWood

TV Shows currently watching

- Star Trek Enhanced

- Top Gear

When it's back on

- Doctor Who

Other than that, nothing else on TV at all.

Anyway, everyone simply must tune into BBC2 at 10pm tonight, as it will be Paul Mertons last ever appearance on the show as it's presenter. His guest will be, of course, his partner in crime Ian Hislop. Score.

Friday Night Project is on at the same time and that's better. Oh I feel like such a loser staying in and watching the telly on a friday night. :cry:

I watch very little entertainment on tv now. All the shows I watch, I stream over the net. (Scrubs and Prison Break for example)

I do watch a lot of sport though.

Friday Night Project is on at the same time and that's better. Oh I feel like such a loser staying in and watching the telly on a friday night. :cry:

I liked the Friday Night Project when Jimmy Carr did it, I think it's rubbish now.

Most of the shows I watch regularly are the ones I download because they're not on over here yet. Scrubs, Heroes and now Lost. I do watch Top Gear and sometimes Mock The Week though.

Mock the week one of the funnest programs I watch on a Friday night.

Never mind the buzzcocks I watched a lot but now ive stopped for some reason.

QI has to be on of my favourite programs. Steven Fry is a god among mere mortals.

Currently watching: Battlestar Galactica, Scrubs, 24, Star Trek Enhanced, HIGNFY (As always) and many many more.

Enterprise is probably my favourite show. 24, Deep Space Nine, The Simpsons, Futurama and Galactica are all 10/10 aswell.

I feel old, too.

The hardest decision I've had to make today is deciding whether to watch The Friday Night Project or Room 101. God, I feel like a loser, too.

Looks like I came in this thread just in time, didn't know it was on at 10. Room 101 is the way to go Jim.

It's Steven Seagal Beermonkey.

Looks like I came in this thread just in time, didn't know it was on at 10. Room 101 is the way to go Jim.

But the Friday Night Project is sooo good, katie. Why can't television be splitscreen or something, so I could watch both. Although, it would be so confusing.

Seagal's presenting what? When? I must know!

Seagal's presenting what? When? I must know!

Friday Night Project. 10 oclock. Channel 4.

All ye need to know. :)

TV Shows i watched regually last year:

- Doctor Who

- TorchWood

Glutton for punishment tbh.

Russel T Davies deserves being stuck in to a cannon and fired nin to the heart of the sun for his attempts at scifi.

I watch mainly football on TV.

Sky Sports, Sky Sports News, Match of the Day, Premiership Plus etc.

Boxing - ITV/Sky Sports

Lost

Sometimes shows like Big Brother and Jonathan Ross when they're on.

Films, I love Film4

BBC News (occasionally)

Other things I watch because my family are watching it and i'm there at the time are Coronation Street, Midsomer Murders and Wild at Heart.

I want to watch comedies but all the ones i've seen I just don't get on with. I like classics like Only Fools and Horses but in terms of modern comedies I can't get into anything. I want to get into other series like 24 and Prison Break but because I haven't watched them from the beginning I can't really watch them.

Gah, my mum won't let me watch. She's watching some DIY programme that will be repeated 100 times. Stupid bitch.

Russell T. Davies really is a poor sci fi writer. The fact that he used to write for the Chuckle Brothers really shows.

Housemates have taken over the television. No Seagal for me :(

Let's cry about it together :(

I saw him and his band live last month though. Got my poster signed and shook his hand aswell :D

Well there's always the Seagal classic Under Siege at 11 that I might try and catch if they've fucked offf by then.

I've been watching Red Dwarf on teleport TV but I've seen all they have on there for now :sad: I hope they add series 3 soon.