NEurope
Anakenobi

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Happened to me, too. I went round a mate's house, to show off my Gee Aitch Three skills to her, on her PS2. I was shocked to find that I could barely hit a note. I didn't find the guitar comfortable, and the timing's just seemed way off.

I was happy when I got home and found that I hadn't lost the ability to play. :heh:

OMG, I can't believe it, I did it, I finished "Before I Forget" on Expert.

WOHOOOOOOO

Could believe I got past that part, i still missed so many notes during it, i went with a tactic to ignore the "yellow,orange" chords on only go for the "green,yellow" and "red,blue" guess it worked... came out of that section halfway into the red, can't believe i stayed alive.

Couldn't finish Cult of Personality though, tried 5 times, the massive HOPO solo near the end screws me up, i get there with maxed out star power but even that doesn't last long enough to help....oh well i got a feeling it won't take me as long to finish as Slipknot did

Were you guys playing on a hd tv and then going to a non hd tv? or the other way round. My tv isnt hd but when i went to my mates i did so much worse

Were you guys playing on a hd tv and then going to a non hd tv? or the other way round. My tv isnt hd but when i went to my mates i did so much worse

Actually my cousin has the exact same TV as me (their standard def), so it wasn't that, it was definately the guitar for the PS3, i'm telling it just feels different and it confuses your brain:heh:

Played this again at a friends house. I can no longer show off anymore :heh: I was doing Slow Ride on Expert mode and thought it was done but there was a few notes left and knocked me out without realising it.

I got to the 5th or 6th set and now i'm bad. After I calm down with Brawl i'm gonna resume this. I'm determined I will complete Expert.

I keep failing the opening of Holiday In Cambodia... Expert mode is really kicking my arse.

I keep failing the opening of Holiday In Cambodia... Expert mode is really kicking my arse.

I'd be able to 100% HIC in wasn't for the Intro.

I can 100% the rest of the song with a note streak of over 1100. [/boast]

Hey, Villan.

If I get GH3 360 can we rock out on Live?

<3

Finally completed a song on hard (Slow Ride), don't think I'll ever be able to complete any others! I don't get why they not only introduce the orange fret button (which would be hard enough) but they also have to amp the general difficulty, i.e. the amount of notes, as well.

Oh well, dunno when the next time I'll bother to play this will be!

Hey, Villan.

If I get GH3 360 can we rock out on Live?

<3

Unfortunately; my Gold membership has just expired, and it might be a while until I renew it.

Sorry. :(

I'm officially stuck on hard mode! :)

I have the last 8 songs to do and they just always beat me at the end!!!

I'm officially stuck on hard mode! :)

I have the last 8 songs to do and they just always beat me at the end!!!

I'm completely stuck on 3's and 7's I can hit the notes on practice at the slightly slower speed but on full speed my fingers cant keep up.

I'm completely stuck on 3's and 7's I can hit the notes on practice at the slightly slower speed but on full speed my fingers cant keep up.

Yeah same here that song ruins me!

I can almost do One and Knights of Cydonia but the slipknot one and Queens of the stoneage i can barely do!

ack, i was so close, Cult of Personality, coming to the long ass solo, i went further than before without using star power, then i used it and still maxed out star power ends before the solo does, but i keep going, then i can see i'm reaching the end, but my meter keeps dropping....with just two notes left in the solo i get booed off...grrrrrrrr :mad: just two more notes and i was home free....ah well, try try again i guess

I've not played a Guitar Hero game before and the only thing I've ever imagined doing with a guitar is a Jeff Jarrett smash you over the head move lol

So I bought this today, I'm unbelievably terrible at it but man, I can see I'm going to enjoy it! :)

Wohoo.... Just beat Cult of Personality on Expert, man when i got passed that long ass solo i couldn't believe it, almost messed up from the shock, haha.

Can't beat any of the songs on the last gig though, One I can get to about 8 percent, but the solo on that is even crazier than on Personality, seriously how do people beat that one?

The other 3 can't get past the intros :heh:

I completed some more songs on hard today, Beat the whole of the second set first time and a couple on the third. The thing is though this was only in quick play because I can't for the life of me beat rock and roll all night which means I can't get any further than the first set in career!

Gonna see how far I can get in quick play then hopefully I should find it easier going back to the first songs, that seemed to work when I stepped up to medium so fingers crossed, eh!

Because of my Silver Live Membership I haven't been playing this as much as I was before. (My scores aren't going to upload so there's no point.)

Having said that, I got the Foo Fighters and Metal track packs. So I'm still playing the damn game every day. :blank:

This game is AWESOME!!!!

...even though I'm still crap at it! Haha!

Because of my Silver Live Membership I haven't been playing this as much as I was before. (My scores aren't going to upload so there's no point.)

Having said that, I got the Foo Fighters and Metal track packs. So I'm still playing the damn game every day. :blank:

Please get a Gold membership; as I purchased GH3 from eBay a few days ago. :awesome:

just picked up this a few days ago. Id played all the ps2 games at my gf's place (shes a huge guitar hero fan!).. The timing and feel of the guitar definately seems a little different, but took almost no time to get used to. Firing through medium for kicks at the moment, no problems. Cant wait to knock it up to hard :D

Excellent and funny review that may make you reconsider a 2nd gutiar -worth watching for the posing pics at the end!

lol, not bad. Thankfully i got the double pack (2 guitars and the game) for almost the same price as the standard bundle. :D Had a few mates over on the weekend and both guitars got a massive work out... One of the whammy bars is already coming a little loose, is there any tips on tightening it again? Or should i take it back? :)

Yoochem is back mates :P

I didn't visit n-europe for quite a while, had some problems with my pc + loads of other stuff to do, so didn't really have time :)

Anyway, back on topic: I'm still playing GH, never expected this game to last that long :bowdown: Right now I only have to beat Raining Blood & Lou on Hard, and I'm stuck at the battle with Slash on Expert. Any tips for these 2 (3)?

Finally completed a song on hard (Slow Ride), don't think I'll ever be able to complete any others! I don't get why they not only introduce the orange fret button (which would be hard enough) but they also have to amp the general difficulty, i.e. the amount of notes, as well.

Oh well, dunno when the next time I'll bother to play this will be!

Just give it some time, try some other songs on hard in quickplay, and you'll get used to the extra orange note pretty soon!

*drops the Wii version of GH3 and runs off with the 360 version of GH2 and GH3 in to the sunset*