NEurope
Anakenobi

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

I GOT GUITAR HERO 3!!!! :grin::yay:

It's such an awesome game! :D I have played it again for over 6 hours today and yesterday! :awesome:

No but something that does happen to me that i meaning to ask for a while.

When listening to a song on the radio or your MP3 player maybe when your out somewhere (in car, walking round, at work), does anyone else "see" coloured circles falling in front of them?

And if it's while i'm walking round listen to my MP3 player my left hand fingers will be moving trying to hit the circles as they fall :heh:

(ps: if we get DLC which I hope we do...and soon... i hope we get some trivium, i can imagine some of their songs going pretty damned good)

I got exactly that! after playing it solid for 3 hours i went to listen to my new CDs i got as presents and not only did i see the guitar hero screen with all the colours coming down but my hands and arms wanted to form the shape of a guitar and start playing! :)

It was really weird and i had to stop listening to my music as it was too strange! :heh:

No but something that does happen to me that i meaning to ask for a while.

When listening to a song on the radio or your MP3 player maybe when your out somewhere (in car, walking round, at work), does anyone else "see" coloured circles falling in front of them?

And if it's while i'm walking round listen to my MP3 player my left hand fingers will be moving trying to hit the circles as they fall :heh:

(ps: if we get DLC which I hope we do...and soon... i hope we get some trivium, i can imagine some of their songs going pretty damned good)

Yeah I get that all the time now, I listen to solos and then think "wow that'd be awesome in Guitar Hero", and then imagine the colour note order it's follow.

I'm 100% pleased with buying this now, I gave up on GHII in the end cause you had to be so horribly precise with your hammer-ons and pull-offs it just killed the game for me. They've made them much easier now to do now, and simply upped the diffculty in the songs to balance it out, which just makes the game more enjoyable. It just feels more fair when you lose unlike previous games.

Hopefully my internet will be fixed soon so I can kick some of your arses :P. I've done One on Hard now and should have completed hard by the end of tommorow, I reckon I can probably gets to Knights of Cydonia on expert quite easily too, but wanna do hard first.

Dony know if anyones ever played Guitar Hero 1 but hammer ons just didnt happen... Some songs were solid without them

Yeah HOPO's in GH1 were next to impossible. A really awkward way of having to do them, lol.

YAy CB got GH3!

As for the real life guitar hero stuff, every song I listen to I think "Would this song be good in Guitar Hero?" and constantly imagine the fretboard.

The worst thing is my air guitaring, which is mega frequent now :P The weird thing is though,

- I'm left handed

- I air guitar left handed

- I..play Guitar Hero right handed?

Weird :D

Any more news about the release date for the seperately sold guitars? And for the updated version?

I'll let you know as soon as either is released. If not, someone else will :P

I've signed up for email reports from play.com, that should give us a rough date at some point. Expect the new guitars in roughly a month or two, I'd say. New discs probably the same amount of time.

After the mono sound debacle I wonder if activision will maybe add a couple of tracks in the new disk as way of an apology? or give us a couple of free DLC tracks if they ever get it up and running. I'm sure the DLC will be on the way as the Wii version has sold very well and DLC will be a cash cow for activision.

Ah, it'sinteresting you should say that, Cookyman. I was wondering the same thing recently but they won't comment on "future releases". Here's the emails.

Customer - 12/10/2007 04:47 PM

Hello, I am aware that in early 2008 the Wii will be receiving replacement copies of Guitar Hero III to fix the Mono sound issue. Since the launch of the game, Xbox 360 users received a patch that enabled the final battle song, The Devil Went Down To Georgia and the other battle-only songs to be played on quick play, thus enabling them to play the full song and gain high scores.

My question is this: When the discs are remastered, will these songs be put on the disc and enabled for quick play, as it is in the Xbox 360 version? I would love for this to be the case as I would very much enjoy playing this song outside of battle mode!

I look forward to your response.

Lewis Speller

Response (Rudy Gil) - 12/11/2007 07:10 AM

Hello.

Thank you for contacting Activision customer support.

We cannot comment on any unreleased updates nor do we have this information. Keep checking our website for information on any updates.

Please feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns.

Response (Jose Lara) - 12/11/2007 06:42 AM

Hello from Activision!

We enjoy hearing from our customers.

We cannot comment on any unreleased remasters nor do we have this information. Keep checking our website and various game messageboards for information on any game patches.

For some reason they gave me two responses, not sure why :P

How do we the owners of GH3 for Wii go about getting a remastered disc?

Been wondering that too :\ I sure hope we don't have to send our copys through mail, because that would mean a lot of GH-less days :p But I do reckon they'd want their original disks back, so I fear we do have to send them :o

Btw, I finished medium and now trying hard :p At first it was just a question of finishing the song or not, but I'm starting to get the hang of it and it felt reeaally good when I beat Tom Morello :awesome:

Woot, completed it on medium. Some of the songs towards the end were quite tricky, but I managed to get through them. Now to try and five star them before going on to hard.

Ok i just beat my high score on Raining Blood on Medium again with 95% notes hit and still no 5 stars, gggrrrrrrr :mad: What do i need to do on this bloody song.

On the plus side I finished Cliffs of Dover on Hard mode, tried Iron Maiden (15% on the song before fail), tried "One" was doing pretty good, thought i'd have little problem....till the holy hell of a hammer-on/pull-off section came from nowhere I mean bloody hell that is not natural, tried it on practice and still sucked.....didn't even look at Raining Blood yet :heh:

Do you do the fingering so your fingers are on red, yellow , blue then orange and you move the first finger up to green? It's really just a matter of adjusting to it.

Best advise I can give is play through some of medium again, but using the finger you would do on hard. It means you don't have to worry about orange yet and you can get used to moving your hand up and down for the green notes and chords.

Cheers for that advice; i've started to kick ass in hard mode now.

Also, i love the guitaring during the battle against Tom...it sounds so sexy!

Ok i just beat my high score on Raining Blood on Medium again with 95% notes hit and still no 5 stars, gggrrrrrrr :mad: What do i need to do on this bloody song.

On the plus side I finished Cliffs of Dover on Hard mode, tried Iron Maiden (15% on the song before fail), tried "One" was doing pretty good, thought i'd have little problem....till the holy hell of a hammer-on/pull-off section came from nowhere I mean bloody hell that is not natural, tried it on practice and still sucked.....didn't even look at Raining Blood yet :heh:

According to this site http://www.scorehero.com/songstats.php?stat=2&group=4&game=8&diff=2 you need around 127,000 points (Y)

According to this site http://www.scorehero.com/songstats.php?stat=2&group=4&game=8&diff=2 you need around 127,000 points (Y)

Cool so i'm about 6000 out, at least i have something to aim for now.

Anyway just beat both Number of the Beast and One on Hard mode, man both were real close, worked out a nice technique to help me with the intro for Beast and the when the hammer-on/pull-off section started on One I made sure to have Star Power saved up to help me through it, worked well... though both ended up going flashing red near the end i held in there and pulled it out, awesome feeling.

Only Raining Blood stands between me and Lou now, and again it's a bloody evil hammer-on/pull-off section that messes me up...only i can't get star power before it this time :heh:, can get bout 36% before failing

Working through medium, and I'm loving this game. As far as replay value goes, this game has it all. It's got that "ok, that was crap, I'm going to do the whole track AGAIN" factor.

Cherub Rock is just toooo good. :)

Ok, i was watching the video of the 9 year old doing through the fire and flames and noticed that he didn't have to strum...what notes can not strum on? I haven't really noticed the difference in notes so far...

Ok, i was watching the video of the 9 year old doing through the fire and flames and noticed that he didn't have to strum...what notes can not strum on? I haven't really noticed the difference in notes so far...

Those would be the "hammer-on/pull-off" notes, it's covered in the tutorial, you can spot these notes as they have a light on top, you have to have hit the note before then you can hit the HO/PO note without strumming, if it's a sequence of HO/PO notes if you miss one in the middle you will need to strum one note again to be able to get them again without strumming

I ignored the tutorial for a while, then when I did it it gave me some really good advice, like how you don't have to take your fingers off green and red notes when you're playing yellows. It really helped improve my technique.

The worst thing is my air guitaring, which is mega frequent now :P The weird thing is though,

- I'm left handed

- I air guitar left handed

- I..play Guitar Hero right handed?

Weird :D

When I got my first guitar I used to do the exact same thing untill I had played for about 6 months.

I'm also left handed, but I play guitar right handed... Which I first now, two and a half year later, realize was a big mistake because when I play the "Post insanity" part of Through the Fire and Flames, I'm able to strum 2-3 times faster with my left hand =/ Probably gives me some kinda handicap in both GH and on real guitar)

Just to say I have added all the new applications for the NE Tour Group. Think we should defo get a tournament going soon in the new year.

HAHHAHAHAHAHA

I DID IT, WOHOOO

I finally 5 stared Raining Blood on medium, oh man it was epic, I was just replay some songs on Hard, tried to do Raining Blood on Hard and fail, got frustrated, thought feck it, went and tried to 5 star it on medium instead and it was like i was in the zone, i noticed a few streaks go on quite a bit longer than they had done in previous attempts and my score being higher at certain "check-points" that i made up for where I try to aim to be at or above certain scores.

My final result, 95% notes hit and 131000 + points, smashing my previous points record by 10,000.

At last all setlist songs have been 5 stared on medium (and got a new guitar too which i wasn't expecting)... there's just 3 songs on the bonus list which are yet to be 5 stared but i'm not too worried bout them (yet) as i find them harder than Raining Blood.

Those are F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X and Take This Life (4 stars) and of course Through the Fire and the Flames (3 stars)

Not too bothered with them, will try the 1st two later down the road, as for TTFATF, hell i'll be happy with just the 4 star on that, lets be realistic here :heh:

Gonna keep trying to beat Raining Blood on Hard first (and Lou) will also try to 4 star as many songs on Hard as possible (i'm only gonna aim for 4 as i think 5 staring everything on hard will certainly be out of my reach...although i do have like 3 5 stars on it)

I'm on medium, going back on previous songs and trying to get good ratings on them.

For a laugh, I also tried Bulls on Parade on Expert setting. I got 35% through, which I'm pretty chuffed with, especially as I haven't had to use the orange button so far in the game (apart from battles, when the cpu throws a high difficult pickup/powerup thing at me, but that doesnt count)

Just tried to do Raining Blood on medium...fucking hell. I got booed off. That is the first time it's happened to me on medium so far.

I 4 *'d Cliffs of Dover on Expert earlier. No matter how hard I try, I can't 5* it!