NEurope
Anakenobi

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Oh so your trackings working now? I'll check out mine, hope it get's here soon cause I need to leave in a bit aswell.

Where do you find your tracking number Platty? Is it the one in Order History? I keep getting the same old message.

This may same strange, but I kept waking up during the night cause I had dreams of Guitar Hero. Seriously I woke up like 5 times and every singly dream was me getting/playing it.

Lol.....Now thats devotion.

Oh so your trackings working now? I'll check out mine, hope it get's here soon cause I need to leave in a bit aswell.

Where do you find your tracking number Platty? Is it the one in Order History? I keep getting the same old message.

Yeah on play in the order history, it's that number that starts Pti or something.

Whacked it into the box and bang all the details of where it's been.

They don't track overseas and as parcels from play come from Jersey I think that's why the tracking wasn't working first of all cos soon as in England I get a list of where it's been.

C'maaaan bring it to me now!

Hmmm, I seem to do pretty 'well', for a former GHIII-virgin. Averages between 40.000 and 50.000 on medium.

Some tips: hmmmmm... You'll probably figured some of these out on yourself, but here's what comes to mind:

Well, you better get used on using one finger a fret (apart from hard/expert, unless you have 6 fingers), because that's the way it's meant to be played, and once you get used to that, things become a lot more fun & easy.

Also remember thet your fret registers on the moment you strike the strum bar, not when you press down the fret. So if you see a green fret coming on, you can already push down the green fret (with your index finger) way in advance and strike the strum bar when you have to play the note. Likewise, when you have a sereis of successive notes (take 8 yellow frets in quick succession), you simply hold down the yellow fret (with your ring finger) and keep ik down for the entire row. You simply hit the strum bar when you have to play each note. You don't need to repress the fret again, only the strum bar.

And, yes, I wouldn't worry about the whammy bar. It's fun with the long notes (gets you a substitute wha-wha-effect), but it's nothing you have to use, except for the boss battles when you get a whammy Bar-attack.

Talking of Boss battles! That first battle with Tom Morello! Oh, baby! Now that are some sick riffs! :bowdown:

Made him eat his own guitar, though. :p

Hmmm, I seem to do pretty 'well', for a former GHIII-virgin. Averages between 40.000 and 50.000 on medium.

Some tips: hmmmmm... You'll probably figured some of these out on yourself, but here's what comes to mind:

Well, you better get used on using one finger a fret (apart from hard/expert, unless you have 6 fingers), because that's the way it's meant to be played, and once you get used to that, things become a lot more fun & easy.

Also remember thet your fret registers on the moment you strike the strum bar, not when you press down the fret. So if you see a green fret coming on, you can already push down the green fret (with your index finger) way in advance and strike the strum bar when you have to play the note. Likewise, when you have a sereis of successive notes (take 8 yellow frets in quick succession), you simply hold down the yellow fret (with your ring finger) and keep ik down for the entire row. You simply hit the strum bar when you have to play each note. You don't need to repress the fret again, only the strum bar.

And, yes, I wouldn't worry about the whammy bar. It's fun with the long notes (gets you a substitute wha-wha-effect), but it's nothing you have to use, except for the boss battles when you get a whammy Bar-attack.

That's good to know, i would have thought you have to press the fret buttons and strum and the same time, haha, but i guess holding it down and not registering until you strum makes sense as that is how a real guitar would work.

Cheers for that, should make things a bit easier for me later, as i don't bother reading the game manuals since i was like 10 :heh:

IT HAS ARRIVED

*hugs play.com for putting it up for £29.99 and honouring it*

*Hugs parcel force for bringing it to me*

Now I only have half an hour before im going away for the weekend!

Talking of Boss battles! That first battle with Tom Morello! Oh, baby! Now that are some sick riffs! :bowdown:

Made him eat his own guitar, though. :p

All great tips cheers. I didn't realise that about the fret buttons. I kept letting go each time. I'll stick with easy for now though, perhaps complete it in that cos I really am a true GH virgin.

You guys should have really done the training before playing the game...

If this game doesn't come for me today, theres going to be hell to pay! :(

IT HAS ARRIVED

*hugs play.com for putting it up for £29.99 and honouring it*

*Hugs parcel force for bringing it to me*

Now I only have half an hour before im going away for the weekend!

*Still waiting* :(

Come one Parcel Force, please bring it to me.

It's a tragic love story, a boy awaiting at the window, waiting for the postman to bring him happyness...

@Jordan - Does air guitar count as training? Also if it doesn't arrive for me, I won't be happy and have to kick some ass.

Well... i guess it does. But not legally, Air guitaring is illegal. Oh yes.

Parcel Force delivery's normally arrive between 12:00pm-2:00pm for me!

Actually all courier delivery's do!

Strange....bet it's the same for you...

This may same strange, but I kept waking up during the night cause I had dreams of Guitar Hero. Seriously I woke up like 5 times and every singly dream was me getting/playing it.

I got motion sick because of GH2 after I played it because I was reading a book and could see all the words moving about. Had loads of weird dreams too. It passes after a while. :heh:

Parcel Force delivery's normally arrive between 12:00pm-2:00pm for me!

Actually all courier delivery's do!

Strange....bet it's the same for you...

Ah thanks for that. I didn't know there working times and mail is always late where I am, so you restored my faith :)

And woah, that's just weird Moria, i'm gonna try that out and see if it happens to me.

And woah, that's just weird Moria, i'm gonna try that out and see if it happens to me.

It was really weird, I don't know how to describe it. I was reading in rythem or something. :wtf:

You guys get post around miday. Sometimes we don't get it till 5pm...

I had a package arrive yesterday at 4:01 when i was at work!

You think that is strange, well I think I got you beat.

Last night I had a dream I just came home from work on Thursday, went to watch TV, Suddenly the program changed, and I thought to myself "hey that show is only on on Fridays?" (note: can't remember what show it was or if it was a real show), I looked to my left and my cousin was standing there and said "come on, you gonna set it up?", I asked "set what up?".

He pointed to my right and I turned to see a Guitar Hero guitar sitting next to me. I got all freaked out and asked what day it was, and he said, it's Friday why? I said "what no, it's Thrusday, what happened did I black out or something"

Can't quite remember what exactly happened after that but the conclusion was that I realized I had the same powers as Hiro from Heroes and when it was Thursday and I started thinking bout play GH the next day I actually teleported my to the next day when i had GH.

Yes I need lots and LOTS of help (maybe i should make a youtube video blog on that :heh:... meh won't have time tonight what with hopefully playing GH, 25mins till lunch time and I run to the store)

EDIT:

Wohoo, got it, now just gotta wait till 5:30 to get out of work :heh:

Can't wait to rock out tonight : peace:

Glad to be of help.

Hooray! Got my first +100.000-score on medium! But the track wasn't too tricky: Bulls On Parade from Rage Against The Machines.

I felt brave and tried an online match with this song. I. Got. Squashed. Real bad!

Off to more training, then. Im getting better, though. Averages on medium between 70.000 and 100.000.

This game is tough when you get past medium. The difficulty shot up mid way during the first two games on hard.

Fair few businesses selling this on ebay for 46!!...Dodgy or not?! Seems legit but that's cheap!

Mines didn't arrive before I left. Gonna test my sister on an hour or so to see if it's arrived since tracking isn't working for me still. It made it worse when I seen it in HMV for the same price I payed on play. So if it hasn't arrived i'm gonna go buy it. I need the game or I can't sleep again tonight.

You guys should have really done the training before playing the game...

If this game doesn't come for me today, theres going to be hell to pay! :(

I did and found it hard still!

Yes I need lots and LOTS of help (maybe i should make a youtube video blog on that :heh:... meh won't have time tonight what with hopefully playing GH, 25mins till lunch time and I run to the store)

I'd be interested to see a video blog with some shots of your guitar action, potentially seeing if you encounter simpler problems to me.

I wish I'd played past GH games, a lot my GH loving friends have said this is perhaps the most inaccessible as they have not nailed the difficulty levels with medium being a lot harder than usual and even easy being more like the old medium.

I geniuinly find it loads easier then GH2. Medium was a breeze I did it in an afternoon without failing a song. What ive played of hard is also easier then GH2

It hasn't arrived....

Not even tracking is showing anything which makes me think it might not be in the Country. Well i'm going to HMV to get it after Uni.

got mine, but the buttons are mixed up, the yellow button is in the blues place and the blue in the yellows lol,

i orderd 2 wii versions and its deffinatly wrong lol :S what shall i do

Send it back for a replacement, usually postage(if you ordered it from somewhere) is free for a faulty item, if it's from a shop just waltz in and get it replaced.

I went into asda today, and they had all copies of it EXCEPT the wii version, but the guy told me it was 59.71, so I briskly walked my way home and took much advantage of Oli's bargain thread, I totally can't wait for this guys, it's gonna be amazing! I'm probably gonna be quite bad at it though :s