NEurope
Anakenobi

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

I don't get why we can't pay for them and download them on PC put them on an SD card and then stream them just like any other music file in Excitetruck. Obviously with the relevant data for the notes etc... would be a way of getting round it, if they aren't allowed to put them on Wii Shop Channel. I don't see it as a problem so many songs out of the box and they could always give us an expansion disk of the most popular downloads on the other consoles.

How big can a set of 5 songs be? I don't understand why it matters if the Wii has 512mb or 20gb.

How big can a set of 5 songs be? I don't understand why it matters if the Wii has 512mb or 20gb.

true.........

Ordinary MP3s of decent quality are 6-8 MBs already, and additional Guitar Hero data will be needed. At maybe 10 MB per song, things will be pretty big.

Even so, size is probably not the biggest problem for the developers, but the online/WiiConnect24 programming is just starting in the developing community, and I doubt they'll jump on the bandwagon that early.

I am really looking forward to this game. I have played GH1 on PS2, i have played GH2 on Xbox360 and even though i loved every second of it, i have never gotten around to own one of these. Although this version i most definately will buy, and even better is it comes out on my b'day ^^.

As for the song discussion, It is possible developers make some sort of deal with Ninty to allow specific music to be dowloaded from Shop Channel for use on GH only. But I'm happy with the song list it will have from the start, many houts of fun ahead of me :)

Ordinary MP3s of decent quality are 6-8 MBs already, and additional Guitar Hero data will be needed. At maybe 10 MB per song, things will be pretty big.

Even so, size is probably not the biggest problem for the developers, but the online/WiiConnect24 programming is just starting in the developing community, and I doubt they'll jump on the bandwagon that early.

Yeah, so it's 50mb. The size of one WiiWare game, no? Nintendo are so insistant that we can take things out our fridge whenever we want. This shouldn't be a problem.

The 360 version is going to be the definitive one just because of that. If the Wii was able to get that one thing sorted it would be the best due to the Wiimote stuff.

Nah even if the Wii did have the DLC there still is the problem with the multiplayer, no mics. Maybe it's just me but it doesn't seem like much fun playing with your friend online when you can't even talk to them. I may as well just play against the com then.

Nah even if the Wii did have the DLC there still is the problem with the multiplayer, no mics. Maybe it's just me but it doesn't seem like much fun playing with your friend online when you can't even talk to them. I may as well just play against the com then.

Personally, I find it incredibly difficult to play Guitar Hero while talking to someone at the same time. It'd be a nice little feature to talk to whoever I'm playing, but I doubt I'd ever use it personally.

The lack of mic really doesn't bother me, knowing I'm kicking a real persons arse is all the satisfaction I need. Also with the portal they have on the internet, that should give me all the incentive I need to play this game online.

there still is the problem with the multiplayer, no mics.

Why on Earth would that be even a slight problem in GH3?

I want to know if there's a possibility that they'll release GH1/2 for the Wii.

I'd care about mics if I didn't absolutely detest in-your-face nerds with a superioty complex, shouting how I'm gay and I suck, whether I win or lose. And I don't like kids who's voices are actually the white noise.

Including the Les Paul?

More on topic, apparently all versions are lacking offline co-op, a bug that's already been fixed on the 360. PS3 and Wii are left in the dark, as of now...

Source is a belgian site which fails to mention its source...

http://www.9lives.be/gamenieuws/101427/guitar-hero-iii-patch-vandaag-verkrijgbaar-x360

Bound to be fixed by European release surely? I mean all they have to do is apply the patch before burning the game.

Definitely aint getting this on launch till I know it's fixed anyway :).

Including the Les Paul?

Yes!!

I have just looked and they have now changed the price to £59.99 but on my order it still stating £29.99.......will I get lucky? I guess they have to honour it?

Why on Earth would that be even a slight problem in GH3?

I'd care about mics if I didn't absolutely detest in-your-face nerds with a superioty complex, shouting how I'm gay and I suck, whether I win or lose. And I don't like kids who's voices are actually the white noise.

So you both never play with friends, okay fine with me.

Personally I'm always chatting on my 360, be it private chat in videos or when I'm playing free for all in Halo, group chat etc. It adds a whole new social aspect to gaming online that to me the Wii is sorely missing out on.

Including the Les Paul?

More on topic, apparently all versions are lacking offline co-op, a bug that's already been fixed on the 360. PS3 and Wii are left in the dark, as of now...

Source is a belgian site which fails to mention its source...

Isn't the ps3 and wii just lacking offline quick start coop? Sure i read somewhere that its just that and not the whole offline coop mode.

Isn't the ps3 and wii just lacking offline quick start coop? Sure i read somewhere that its just that and not the whole offline coop mode.

yeah your right. It got patched to allow it on 360. online co-op functions the same on all 3!

You got me there man, just delivered the juice, didn't know the source (as I said).

Yes!!

I have just looked and they have now changed the price to £59.99 but on my order it still stating £29.99.......will I get lucky? I guess they have to honour it?

Same here Platty and I think they would have got in touch by now if they weren't going to let it go at that price! Bargain of the year I reckon! :yay:

You'll be lucky - They kept the preorders of Halo 3 Legendary Edition misprices without notification for a month or so :P

If you get it...I'll be rather annoyed with myself more than anything.

Bloody hell, everywhere seems to want to sell additional wireless controllers at £45-50! That's insane, considering the game will cost £60 with a controller anyway; why is the controller so expensive? :angry:

It's basically saying the game costs £10..Ridiculous.

Bloody hell, everywhere seems to want to sell additional wireless controllers at £45-50! That's insane, considering the game will cost £60 with a controller anyway; why is the controller so expensive? :angry:

It's basically saying the game costs £10..Ridiculous.

has always been the case with the PS2 versions...Its because your really buying the guitar and the game comes bundled in at a cheaper price...not the other way round...