NEurope
Anakenobi

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Yeah not only that I think Rock Band will be the better game...whilst Guitar Hero will the name having been a franchise for a few years. Could compare it to Championship Manager VS Football Manager as the same developer leaving happened with SI leaving Eidos.

Yeah not only that I think Rock Band will be the better game...

But probably twice the price...

But probably twice the price...

Well more than twice if you want to get all the instruments...

Yeah, Rock Band does seem better, but if you want to play all the instruments it 'll be very expensive. But we don't know the entire track list for GHIII yet, and Rock Band will most likely come out on Wii as well eventually.

While there has been no official announcement regarding a Wii version, Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos, when asked if there was a possibility of seeing the game on Wii, responded "Absolutely."

The one thing Rock Band lacks over Guitar Hero 3 is Muse.

The one thing Rock Band lacks over Guitar Hero 3 is Muse.

Would rather something that wasn't off BH & R though. Stockholm Syndrome anyone?

Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Citizen Erased, Plug in Baby.

All four of them please!

EDIT: Also, Sunburn has an alternative version (think it was a B-Side) where the piano part is played by an acoustic guitar.

Mmm...

SHould be Dead Star or In Your World from Muse, but Knights of Cydonia is an awesome riff in all honesty, especially the bridge.

I'm really hoping for Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria.

What a waste !! The motion sensing capabilities could have taken videogame fret-wanking to a whole new level...

Imagine playing Heatseeker by AC/DC and getting bonus points for mimicking Angus Youngs trademark stage stomp !

Unlock bonus levels by pulling off the perfect Status Quo rocking movement !

Invalidate your home insurance by smashing the controller over the furniture to The Who !

Missed opportunity is what I say.

Sorry, what? He was saying that the Wiimote would handle all that, so it would be cheaper whilst still having motion sensing functionality.

The GH3 lineup SUCKS compared to that. Who? Sabbath? Blue Oyster Cult? Bon Jovi? Nirvana? Metallica? Foo Fighters? There's barely anything in the current GH3 lineup fit to lick the boots of some of those songs. And I guess they've been signed as 'exclusive' to Rock Band now. No Metallica songs at all? Crap :shakehead

I'm a sad panda :(

To be honest, they're not really great guitar tracks. They should've used Breed from Nirvana, In Bloom is not that a great of a guitar track. Metallica's Enter Sandman basically uses one guitar riff during the whole song and Foo Fighters Learn to Fly is an alright song, but the Fighters have made far better guitar tracks (Monkey Wrench, My Hero, All My Life and Times Like These to name a few). Looking at the list I say great artists, but a bit of a meh song selection.

NEW SONGS!

Suck My Kiss - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Master Track)

La Grange - ZZ Top

Number Of The Beast - Iron Maiden (Master Track)

Through The Fire And Flames - Dragon Force (Master Track)

Dragonforce? Your fingers are going to get raped. But it's the sort of rape that'll feel really good.

And Suck My Kiss? Awesome.

It's a shame that GH3 will probably be the inferior game to Rock Band when you consider that it has the better song list so far.

Sorry, what? He was saying that the Wiimote would handle all that, so it would be cheaper whilst still having motion sensing functionality.

Sarcasm, comprendez ?....

I totally understood what he was saying....

But, I dont really care about the cheapness, thats a given due to dev costs for the Wii anyway.

Regardless it would cost sod all extra to include the mentioned 'pisstake' features.

OMG Dragonforce :)

I've seen it bein played on PS2 and it's insane! Definatley going to get this game now because i'm liking the songs on it.

Release date anyone?

NEW SONGS!

Suck My Kiss - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Master Track)

La Grange - ZZ Top

Number Of The Beast - Iron Maiden (Master Track)

Through The Fire And Flames - Dragon Force (Master Track)

Dragonforce? You're fingers are going to get raped. But it's the sort of rape that'll feel really good.

And Suck My Kiss? Awesome.

Omfg, those are definately master tracks in more than one sense of the word!

I would kill for blink-182 - Carousel.

Or anything from blink rly

But that will prolly never happen since of the break-up in 05' and all ='(

I'm very satisfied with some of these songs: The Ramones - Rockaway Beach, Rush - Tom Sawyer, Weezer - Say It Ain't So and Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly.

I wish Tom Sawyer could be the Mindless Self Indulgence version though =/

SUNNYVALE, CA - August 2, 2007 - Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced today 11 new songs for Guitar Hero™ III: Legends of Rock, the next installment in the #1 best-selling music and rhythm based game franchise, including master tracks from rockers AFI, Iron Maiden, Queens of the Stone Age, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Slayer and the Strokes.

The 11 additional tracks include:

* Miss Murder (by AFI)

* Through Fire and Flames (by Dragonforce)

* Number of the Beast (by Iron Maiden)

* 3’s and 7’s (by Queens of the Stone Age)

* Suck My Kiss (by Red Hot Chili Peppers)

* Raining Blood (by Slayer)

* Reptillia (by The Strokes)

* Paranoid (as made famous by Black Sabbath)

* Cities on Flame (as made famous by Blue Oyster Cult)

* Mississippi Queen (as made famous by Mountain)

* La Grange (as made famous by ZZ Top)

3's & 7's!

FUCK YES!

FUCK YES!

Meh. I really want to get a Guitar Hero game, but none of the songs revealed so far, are of any intrest to me. I do hope they will release some sort of expanion pack's, simillar to the 80's version that is on PS2, on the Wii.

Meh. I really want to get a Guitar Hero game, but none of the songs revealed so far, are of any intrest to me. I do hope they will release some sort of expanion pack's, simillar to the 80's version that is on PS2, on the Wii.

I want to beable to download songs for it.

Raining Blood and Through the Fire and Flames = Win.

So we've got about 21 songs now haven't we? That's like, under a third of the total track list :P.

Rock Band looks good, and I might get it when it comes to Wii, but at the same time I like the simplicity that i can just buy Guitar Hero and play it without alot of messing about and spending stupid amounts of money.

Is there any info on if you can buy the game seperate from the guitar? If so I would probably buy the 360 version of this and use the GH2 guitar, aswell as RockBand.

I realise this is the Wi Forum but it's the GH thread :p

Black Sabbath - Paranoia

Brummie rock now in Guitar Hero III.

Fingers crossed Breaking The Law by Judas Priest is on GHIII too...

Activision said that GHIII will have song specific to the European market, in order to try and gain a larger influence of the market this side of the Atlantic.

Sounds interisting, although what songs appeal to the European market is beyond me. Some of Scandinavia's finest Melodic Death Metal Perhaps? God I hope so :P.