NEurope
Atomic Boo

Takeshi's Castle

Has anyone seen this programme before? I find it so hilarious, the Japanese are crazy, Id love to be part of the show.

My favourite challenges are wipeout, the swinging rope one, and the one where its a sort of mario level where they have to run across this 2D landscape whilst getting stuff lobbed at them, jumping over things and climbing a rail etc.

Discuss.

I love it, there so stupid. It used to be on Challenge, I dont know if it is anymore

I think its still on Challenege, its rearely on anymore, if not then I hardly watch it. I love the program. Stepping stones is my favourite on i think. Its fun to watch them fall over.

I watched it loads about a year ago. My favs were Skipping Stones and Bridge Ball just because it's fun to see Japanese people in pain. The novelty has worn off though and I now find it less funny.

I watched it loads about a year ago. My favs were Skipping Stones and Bridge Ball just because it's fun to see Japanese people in pain. The novelty has worn off though and I now find it less funny.

yeah i guess it might get boring after a while, but ive only seen a few episodes. I also love to watch them trip and bang their heads etc.

the programme is great because it sort of makes japanese adults have a childhood again. whoever thought up the idea is a genius. craig charles can be a funny narrator too.

Yeh, i didnt think that show as still running. Craig Charles was good commentator on it i thought. ;

Man I loved that show, it was really funny.

were you purposely putting your post in the past tense? or do you still think it's good?

It was so great that we acted out our own drunken version at my mate Dan Wu's house, unoriginally titled Wukeshi's Castle. Oh those were the days.

Is it still on??. Havn't seen it for a while, i don't usually get home to see it at 6pm (if it still airs at 6pm).

Loved it when i did see it. Bridge Ball, High Rollers and Skipping Stones are my favourite games to watch. Just love watching the Japanese get hurt.

Stepping Stones is one of the most painful to watch, or maybe the back-bending ouchness of the High Rollers. It's an absolutely fantastic spectacle of people hurting themselves. I love it!

The first time I watched this I was giggling like a school girl. But now Its not as funny these days. One of the most painful tasks is the one when they have to cross the bridge while being pelted with balls.

Has anyone ever won this show?

Yes, I've seen the win only once.

I've only seen this show once, and it was at a party last week, and it was in Spanish. Bloody hilarious.

Its on ftn channel 20 if you have freeview. Me and my brother watched it yesterday great show, its a classic.

Nothing happens when they win, on the UK Edit. They show the games ands edit out all the Japanese 'storyline'.

However, they actually go home with 1 million Yen.

Nothing happens when they win, on the UK Edit. They show the games ands edit out all the Japanese 'storyline'.

However, they actually go home with 1 million Yen.

So what, the hand em like a tenner or something? :heh:

So what, the hand em like a tenner or something? :heh:

Yeah I mean, making a jackass out of yourself on TV is nothing special in Japan. Ooo how I'd love to live in Japan...