NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

Advent Rising

Picked this game up of Steam after I went to the Computer Games Live concert and heard the music. Anyone else played it? I completed over the weekend and I have to say that its one of the most enjoyable games that I've played in quite a while. Also it's part of a trilogy so we might see another version soon. Apparently GlyphX are negotiating next gen platforms now.

Damn good for a developers FIRST effort. Hope I can ever work on a game like this.

This was slaughtered in reviews and the peeps behind it already have a new franchise in mind written by the same author, leaving the potential for a sequel virtually non-existant.

I agree though, while being one of the most glitched and shoddily put together games I've played it's also one of the most consistently enjoyable.

I bought it as part of an experiment to buy low rated games to find out if they were enjoyable once you got past their issues (it's my belief that few games are all bad at their core, because regardless of what they ultimately turn out to be, there's usually someone somewhere passionate about creating it) and lo and behold, while Breakdown was rubbish beyond salvation (GRAY TO THE MAAAX) I found Advent Rising to be a diamond in the rough.

I played it on Xbox though.

gh.ffshrine.org has the soundtrack for download and I insist everyone check it out.

I know I'm Necro-posting here but the poor efforts by Crossbeam studios on Orb has got me especially motivated.

I have such admiration for these guys and they deserve support for producing such a beautiful and interesting game. I can't stop listening to the soundtrack either. Devs like these really need support from the consumer so they can fund new projects and games like Advent Rising just don't really exist. Please, please support GlyphX and just give this game a try.

Sign in to follow this