NEurope
ZeldaFreak

Manhunt 2

Aw man! I hope it still manages to come out somehow. I liked the first game!!! DAMN YOU RATING GITS!!

Does anyone know where the BBFC are based in the UK? i have my sledge hammer in my hand and if i kill a few of them and say i thought they where zombies it will be ok right?

Its dissapearing from sites already.. Game and Gameplay have taken it off! that was fast.

:sad: i realy am gutted.. but im also wondering what the BBFC are gonna make of GTA later this year.

Aparently you can still preorder it opn Amazon.co.uk .

Also there is still a chance this will come out in Ireland . I hope it does :) .

Edit : The IFCO have just released a press statement.

A prohibition order has been made by IFCO in relation to the video game Manhunt 2. The Order was made on 18th June 2007 under Sec 7 (1) (b) of the Video Recordings Act 1989 which refers to ‘acts of gross violence or cruelty (including mutilation and torture)’.

IFCO recognizes that in certain films, DVDs and video games, strong graphic violence may be a justifiable element within the overall context of the work. However, in the case of Manhunt 2, IFCO believes that there is no such context, and the level of gross, unrelenting and gratuitous violence is unacceptable. [/Quote]

And I bet they did not play the game, they just followed the UK.

I'd say northern ireland=yes

republic ireland= no

assume republic have their own ratings board seem as they aren't part of UK...

The BBFC have no juristiction over the Republic, you are right, but sadly it was announced just yesterday that it was banned here also.

http://www.ifco.ie/ifco/ifcoweb.nsf/web/news?opendocument&news=yes&type=graphic

Edit: Christophicus got there before me :heh:

This is very disappointing tbh, I was really looking forward to this game. I assume there will be an appeal in both countries?

hmmm well this fucking sucks and yet an expletive ridden game like scarface comes out and you get bonus on your "balls meter" for hacking off limbs of your victims with your chainsaw.

Whats wrong with a game having a downbeat story thats ultra violent - makes a change from the fluffy crap thats usually churned out. I'm really cheesed off I havent heard a bad word about this game well excluding Jack Thomson but who listens to him eh? - well evidently the BBFC!

I hate this fucking nanny state bullshit - I served in the forces when I was 17 and was trained to use firearms to kill yet at 37 I cant buy a compuer game - this is a fucking joke!

I've decided that my CoA will now be to read up on some NTSC reviews, then decide based on that whether to chip my Wii to play import games..................and if that happens, Manhunt 2 will be imported from VGP for me.

What about importing from Australia?

There's no chance of it coming out there. They're as bad as German ratings as far as I can tell.

So no PAL release at all then. That's the biggest pile of shite.

If I had the money I'd buy a US Wii...

So no PAL release at all then. That's the biggest pile of shite.

If I had the money I'd buy a US Wii...

It might come out in other European countries. It's still on play.com and arn't they based in jersey?

I wouldn't worry we'll just have to get it from France or Norway or another more tolerant country in the EU rather than our own double standard,hoodie hugging fuck up up that is the UK.

I bet this makes the news and I can only see this doing more damage and us facing more censorship - especially after the resistance fall of man bollocks a few weeks ago.

Whats next to get the chop - resident evil 4 and scarface? - get ready guys brace yourself for invasion of more fluffy, sweet and utterly pants games.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! :mad:

It might come out in other European countries. It's still on play.com and arn't they based in jersey?

Now thats a good point - hmmmmm I wonder.

Well that is the kind of news i didn't want to hear. Who has durastiction over Jersey then? I'm not even sure where Jersey is... All i know is that Play.com are based there and i have ordered off them many times!

Wow, this... is bad! Hopefully they won't ban it throughout the rest of europe, at least you'll still be able to import it then.

Please don't ban it in America, Please don't ban it in America, Please don't ban it in America, Please don't ban it in America, Please don't ban it in America, Please don't ban it in America, Please don't ban it in America, Please don't ban it in America, Please don't ban it in America... Actually America love violence so I should still be ok.

I have just checked Gameplay and Game websites and both have removed the game. Wonder if Rockstar will fight this? They had better!

Preordered it from tendo.no. ;)

You know if you could import it from the scandinavian countries, you would get the english speaking PAL version but in a scandinavian box.

This whole thing is just blown out of proportions. Its a shame.

Well that is the kind of news i didn't want to hear. Who has durastiction over Jersey then? I'm not even sure where Jersey is... All i know is that Play.com are based there and i have ordered off them many times!

Jersey (officially) is not part of the EU or UK.

Rockstar might just forget about a PAL release altogether. Would it worth their while to release in PAL territories when it's only France?

Though everyone in Germany, Ireland, Australia and the UK would probably import from Frnace tho...

Cmon guys the french never ban anything:)

Rockstar might just forget about a PAL release altogether. Would it worth their while to release in PAL territories when it's only France?

Though everyone in Germany, Ireland, Australia and the UK would probably import from Frnace tho...

That's the thing. I thin their slaes would still be strong BECAUSE it is banned. I'm sure rockstar would fight this though.

I will have to do as others and hope to track it down from other European retailers , thats if a PAL release does now happen.

I have just finished emailing the BBFC to express my disappointment and disgust at this outrageous decision. However , I doubt they will take any notice.