NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
elniro

Best PS2 RPGs?

I'm planning to get a PS2 in couple of years as it has such a huge library of games especially RPGs (and by this time it'll be cheap enough for a student to buy lol).

I was just wondering what are the best RPG games on the PS2 (excluding the FF series) so i can make a list?

thanks!

Shadow Hearts

Shadow Hearts Covenant

Kingdom Hearts

Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time

Disgaea

.Hack//Infection (Well atleast i liked it :) )

Those are just some of my favorites.

If you are getting an American or "special" PS2, I would recommend Radiata Stories, Okage: Shadow King, Atelier Iris and Suikoden III as some nice RPG games that never made it over here. Others that you may enjoy are Dark Chronicle (a bit samey but the invention system is nice), Arc: Twilight of the Spirits, Shadow of Memories (great story, not much action) and Suikoden IV. Some of them may be a bit hard to get hold of though.

If you never had a PSone and again youre looking at a machine capable of playing imports, Tales of Destiny 2, Chrono Trigger, the Lunar series, Xenosaga and the Persona series are some nice finds. PAL wise I personally love Breath of Fire III&IV, Suikoden I&II and Little Big Adventure.

*these are in addition to the FF series and those that chrizkerr already mentioned*

Xenosaga Series

Suikoden Series

Disgaea

La Pucelle Tactics

Phantom Brave

Makai Kingdom

Shadow Hearts Covenant

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Digital Devil Saga

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits

Definetly Final Fantasy X, But to X-2 as that's pretty poor compared to other RPGS like Suikoden.

Also Grandia II is worth a punt.

And remember not all of the titles above are RPGS, quite a few are SRPGS which are actually pretty darn different to your standard RPG, make sure you like SRPGS (like Fire Emblem) before you get them, if you do like them however Nippon Ichi do the SRPGs and any of thier games are good.

x-2 isnt really and rpg its more an action adventure with rpg elements.

ahhh thanks guys, and yep i like SRPG's and any good anime style game.

any more good titles are welcome, the more the better i say lol :D

Also, in addition to the above, Dark Cloud 1 & 2 plus Tales of Legendia are good to great RPGS games but I don't think ToL will get a european release, or will it?

If it does then am definitly getting it because I like Tales of Symphonia so much. :D

Sign in to follow this