NEurope
thirtynine.

Gamestation, why i hate thee.

Gamestation sell loads of nintendo and retro stuff. And they sell all the retro consoles and games too. Plus they give good money for trade-ins. And i got my wii from there on day one, i personally love gamestation.

Well said! :D

Also, you can trade a Cube in at my local Gamestation for £25. Game offer £4 :(

Well said! :D

Also, you can trade a Cube in at my local Gamestation for £25. Game offer £4 :(

Woah, that's an awesome deal.

New years resolution: try not to cuss tellyn888. Ah few, temptation gone!

And you wonder why nobody likes you... seriously: SHUT UP if you have nothing good to say.

Perhaps this explains things...when I first bought Sonic Rush for the DS from GameStation, the first two Acts as Sonic already had high scores saved for them (obviously indicating that they had been completed). I was wondering why. It could have at least been Blaze's first two Acts instead, because they're a lot harder than Sonic's first two Acts...

Still, I still like GameStation.

Admitting that he posts random crap in order to cause a stir/fuss. Surely that's asking to be banned?

Not asking to be banned, no, but I can delete his "random crap" if theat's what its intended to be...

As for the for the Game Points - I heard a rumour, I guess Ash is the guy to ask...

The selophane cover is taken off, to my knowledge, because there are not enough display boxes sent in by Game/the game companies and they need to use the actual boxes emptied out instead.

So long as everything is in there when I get the game, the lack of cover doesn't bother me. Especially if it's an Xbox game - the tamper seal on those is too pretty to break.

The selophane cover is taken off, to my knowledge, because there are not enough display boxes sent in by Game/the game companies and they need to use the actual boxes emptied out instead.

So long as everything is in there when I get the game, the lack of cover doesn't bother me. Especially if it's an Xbox game - the tamper seal on those is too pretty to break.

Yeah they are emptied so that there is actual stock on display.

And try opening 60 of those bitching Xbox seals.

Are you sure? Game points was just about the only reason I shop in game. You only get a tiny bit back, but I like to think that it's better than nothing.

They're not going. Supposed to bring in the card to add any points now but I still lookup, I think it was just around Christmas because the company could lose a lot of money.

And you get back 2.5% back. Im pretty sure Tescos gives you 1%, and Sainsburys and Boots something similar.

And yes I do work in Game, and no I'm not stupid.

Keep 'em coming, I'm trying to build up an archive to present to Flinky and get you banned.

Lame.

Of the big name videogame chains, Gamestation has the better prices, variety and usually, trade in prices. Staff are much friendlier in Game though.

Admittedly most are clueless, but there is a fat, pony tailed, stereotypically nerdy looking worker who is omnipotent in the world of videogames. He hides at the back of the store avoiding natural light until a customer asks a question that the newbies cannot answer, then he leaps out, delivers the answer politely, licks his lips, looks around nervously and scuttles back to his hideout.

:hehe:

Its not that i dislike them, but as you say they may not be supplied with enought display boxes, however sometimes they give you games bought as new which have saves on them already etc. which is ridiclous.

Yeah they are emptied so that there is actual stock on display.

So, is the way it works that when the "under-the-counter" stock in packaging is exhausted, that's when they start just putting the game in a box off the shelves? Or is it the other way around? Sorry if I'm being a bit confusing.

Never had a problem with my local GS, All my N stuff has been sealed when I have bought it along with seals on the Xbox games I have bought (Cant remember if PSU on 360 was, but it was in brand spanking nick).

Dont like their method of storing the pre-owned discs though, at least they could shell out on some proper disc sleves as opposed to just shoving everything in a resealable bag and in a draw to save them getting more damage.

If I shop at Game i'll use their online store but now i've started using shopto.net as they're cheaper and faster than both Game and Gameplay plus they text you when your game has been sent which is pretty cool

Gamestation always seem to sell games without the seal wrapping on them brand new on all games not just Nintendo games. GAME have improved and sell games complete with wrapping.

So, is the way it works that when the "under-the-counter" stock in packaging is exhausted, that's when they start just putting the game in a box off the shelves? Or is it the other way around? Sorry if I'm being a bit confusing.

Huh?

Basically companies send in "sleeves", which look like the real paper things that come in games with the front and back on. We, and I presume Gamestation, put them in dummy boxes and put them out. If theres not enough/any sleeves then we/they put out the real thing. Although I think GameStation may not even use sleeves.

Huh?

Basically companies send in "sleeves", which look like the real paper things that come in games with the front and back on. We, and I presume Gamestation, put them in dummy boxes and put them out. If theres not enough/any sleeves then we/they put out the real thing. Although I think GameStation may not even use sleeves.

they dont they put out the real cases