NEurope
thirtynine.

Gamestation, why i hate thee.

I went to gamestation today to buy trauma center for the DS, i stroll inthe preowned coppy catches my eye, but then i think to myself its always nice to own new things and carry on to the display where they are selling them as new, so i take the case to the counter and they reach down and give me a copy of the game, put it in the bag i pay them i go home, it was all good.

untill i got home, i open the bag and my "new copy" didnt have the nintendo wrapping on it or any vip points, ive knotice gamestation do this alot, i mean i payed extra for a new copy and they gave me a used one. the same thing happened at a differnt gamestation when i bought MKDS after it had been out for a day. ONE DAY. jeez.

is it just me thats had this or does everyone hate gamestation too?

This happened to me at GAME when I bought Metriod for the DS...It sucks!

Indeed, as a former employee of GAME, we used to see a lot of this. As a suffere from Omniscient Concept of Design, I always made sure I had sealed preorder of anything new in advance - it's just good sense.

When I buy something new from GameStation they take the wrapping off right in front of me...

I want to do that, goddammit.

I wish there was any sort of game store here :(

I know what that feels like...

The Gamestation in my highstreet is a lot better than Game. I've never had a problem there and the staff know about games which helps. The trolls in Game are barely alive.

say what you will, but I bought Castlevania, King Kong special Edition and Perfect Blue for £30. that makes for good shopping.

Yeah I've got some pretty decent bargains from Gamestation, too.

But that does sound out of order. I'd just take it back.

Gamestation sell loads of nintendo and retro stuff. And they sell all the retro consoles and games too. Plus they give good money for trade-ins. And i got my wii from there on day one, i personally love gamestation.

For Me, Gamestation is the place to go...

In terms of prices

In terms of reliability Game is the best, but the trade ins at Gamestation are s shite load better then the ones at Game...

Example: In game 12 PS2 games £12 Gamestation £96!

I bought Golden Sun from GAME brand new, got home to find it had a saved game on it....

Game have excellent cutomer service, while Gamestation has a good selection of retro games that you normally wouldn't find outside of eBay or small retailers. Good deals can often be found in both, and as such are often both worth a browse.

I rarely buy games from shops anymore, the sheer idiocy of the staff does my fucking head in. For example:

I went into GAME last month to try and pick up a classic controller for the Wii, fully expecting them to be sold out, like everywhere else. However, I noticed the boxes on the shelf didn't have the usual 'pre-order coming soon!' (ie. out of stock) stickers on. Excited, I grabbed one and jumped in the queue, which was huge (seriously, I've never seen GAME so busy). I had my doubts, and wasn't prepared to stand in the queue if it turned out to be out of stock, so after about 10 minutes I grabbed a member oof staff as he walked past. He looked slightly mentally challenged, but promised to go and check the stock room. Some time later he emerged with a beaming smile on his face and proudly announced 'we've got one left!' He then proceeded to hand me a battered box contaning one of GAME's own brand, crappy Gamecube controllers.

And this is hardly an isolated event. According to GAME/Gamestation employees, Dragon Quest VIII ('never heard of it') and We love Katamari ('only for the PSP mate') don't exist. I have come to the conclusion that you must be a complete fucking moron to get a job there.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I sent my mum to buy THUG brand new and when I got it it was so scratched I couldn't even play it.

I sent my mum to buy THUG brand new and when I got it it was so scratched I couldn't even play it.

That will teach you to be lazy.

I like Gamestation quite alot. I can once remember buying a game with one of my friends (Same game and brand new) i ended up getting one without the wrapping and it also had the scuff marks on the box, the disc was ok, so i didnt bother going back (It was from Game)

My gamestation have a problem with giving reciepts too. I always have to ask for one.

I also brought in a sealed call of duty 3 for wii that I got with a bundle pack, and I asked how much they would give me for it, and he took it off me and sais that we would only give as much as a second hand game for it, before going to take the sealing off. I grabbed it out of his hands before he could and took it down to game where they gave me full price for it. Score.

I bought Golden Sun from GAME brand new, got home to find it had a saved game on it....

That happend with my copy of Leaf Green.

The wierd thing was the player had already got to the 4th gym and I got it the day it came out.

my brother works in gamestation and is the only one with a bloody clue about games for instance "excuse me do you know where the legend of Zelda twilight princess for gamecube is? yea sure and goes and gets me a wii version ask my brother yea sure and gets me the game and a little discount":yay:

That happend with my copy of Leaf Green.

The wierd thing was the player had already got to the 4th gym and I got it the day it came out.

Probably a GAME employee...?

And this is hardly an isolated event. According to GAME/Gamestation employees, Dragon Quest VIII ('never heard of it') and We love Katamari ('only for the PSP mate') don't exist. I have come to the conclusion that you must be a complete fucking moron to get a job there.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ashley works in game. :heh:

I basically buy all my games from GAME, and the staff there are quite helpful too. Although there is a stupid Chinese woman that works there who has to be told things repeatedly to actually do them. She almost did away with my free Animal Crossing pen aswell when I preordered Wild World! I had to go in and ask for it!

Online is cheaper, and since they got rid (or are due to) of the 10 day rental policy/game points - there seems to be no incentive to shop on the high stree at the full price...

Online is cheaper, and since they got rid (or are due to) of the 10 day rental policy/game points - there seems to be no incentive to shop on the high stree at the full price...

Are you sure? Game points was just about the only reason I shop in game. You only get a tiny bit back, but I like to think that it's better than nothing.

I got my card when I preordered the Wii, I now have around £16 worth of GAME points. And with 10% off all games, I usually just shop there.

I got a tenner from buying my Wii and Zelda I think (bit left over from other purchases) which was promptly spent on my birthday presents by my parents. :( I have a fiver on it now.