NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ant-Shimmin

Gamecube Controllers

Got myself one today with Resi 4, This quite possibly is the worst controller I have ever used, it is so complicated and the buttons are just put anywhere!

Thoughts?

I think the official one it's a fantastic controller and the Wavebird was even better!

For anyone needing one for the Wii, play.com have them in stock for £17.99,

Official Purple

http://www.play.com/Games/GameCube/STTS1/3-/107988/Official_Controller_Purple/Product.html

Official Purple/Clear

http://www.play.com/Games/GameCube/STTS8/3-/107989/Official_Controller_Clear_Purple/Product.html

Logic 3.. oh man, is it any wonder you think it is the worst controller ever..

The official GC pad is absolutely brilliant and would have been well worth the extra £10 instead of the Logic 3 one!

Got myself one today with Resi 4, This quite possibly is the worst controller I have ever used, it is so complicated and the buttons are just put anywhere!

Thoughts?

complicated?I has 3 less buttons than the ps2 controller.it takes getting used to (2 minutes)

I got mine for 8 Quid, Logic 3

haha buy the original you should even get that for 8

The official ones are the best controllers ever made. There's no room for aguing here: you feel that Nintendo was thinking while making the controller. Au contraire to the PlayStation-controller wich just has four buttons slapped on top - not thinking of the usability. Yes, you can argue over the Xbox360 controller (though i don't find it really comfortable, to be honest). This is top stuff, if you have the official ones - and the official ones are worth their valuable, pricelss quids.

And as said before, A Wavebird is the best you can get for GameCube. I don't like it popping out of my Wii, though.

Thoughts?

Certainly on the official controller, they are put exactly where your fingers go.

It really is worth getting an official one, and keep the other for multiplayer or something.

Xbox 360-PS2 have the best controllers in terms of fitting comfortabally

360 are the best controllers ever for what they do(as in not better than wii but you can't compare)but the ps2 ones were ok at best.they broke too easily.the shoulder buttons get stuck and the like.

The official ones are the best controllers ever made. There's no room for aguing here: you feel that Nintendo was thinking .

its my favourite to use too but not the best.techincally the dpad is too small but it doesnt bother me but does to a lot of others.But they lasta very long time.Never tried a wavebird

the only complaint i have with the GC is the D-Pad. Its sucky but then agin you dont need to use it much.

ANyone who says the dual shock is comfortable is drunk, its like oh yay all the games i play use analouge and look they have convinently placed them so i have to stretch to reach it great.

The gc analogue stick is really great. It has a decent grip, doesn't slip around too easy and has the octagonal groove bits so you're sure what way it's pointed. The "handle" bits on the playstation controller also stick into your palms, especially when you have to reach over to the analogue stick.

PS2 controllers are absolutely shite, the worst controller of last gen and the gen before that. GC controllers (only the official ones, mind) are amazing, second only to 360 in terms of utility and best in terms of comfort.

PS2 Thumbsticks = Shittest sticks ever.

Original Xbox ones were okay, I didn't mind them being fat, the buttons had a really rubbish shape though (not to mention the horrid placement of the whie and black buttons). 360 is a big improvement.

Gamecube ones = best of last generation. Best d-stick, nice and comfy and responsive buttons, only gripes are lack of "L1" and select.

Wii controller however, beats gamecube's d-stick and buttons.

The only shit of the GC pads is the D-pad; otherwise they're awesome. I find the XBox controller (S) buttons weird (never used the brick).

PS2 controllers are horrible; the PS1 ones are the same, but the sticks were rarely used so they were okay.

However, as mcj metroid says, they do break too easily and I actually find them complicated as the R2&R1 n all that are too similar; unlike the GCs & 360s ones which are more different in shape & such.

The 360's controller's my favourite, but RB, RT & RS are STUPID names, and I get amazingly confused with that because they seem like random letters to my mind, especialy because S can stand for 'shoulder':indeed:

I just call them R1, R2 & C-Stick :heh:

95% of third party controllers suck, I don't understand why they can't get it right :blank:

GC controller is the best pad ever. Anyone know an adapter to use it on pc?

I just hate those ps2 controllers. Can't play with it.

The only shit of the GC pads is the D-pad; otherwise they're awesome.

I can only think of one game that used the d-pad though, so it was hardly a huge issue.

PS2 controllers are horrible; the PS1 ones are the same, but the sticks were rarely used so they were okay.

It was used a lot more often in ps2 games. It was incredibly annoying on games like san andreas and mgs3 where it was compilsary.

I can only think of one game that used the d-pad though, so it was hardly a huge issue.

i used it for soul calibur 2,snk vs capcom and deadly alliance.

i actually love the dpad.but i have small hands i guess

It was used a lot more often in ps2 games. It was incredibly annoying on games like san andreas and mgs3 where it was compilsary.

Yeah...that's what I meant..they weren't used much on PS1 games; I didn't word it very well :)

Best gaming controller ever.

Well, maybe besides Wii, but that goes without saying. When you were playing, it felt as though everything was right. I only really noticed this during the first play of Super Smash Bros; oh those were the days. Jumping, attacking and doging were all so easy due to the positioning of the controls, and the actions assigned to the controls; they were all in places you would push naturally, e.g. the big button A = Attack, the side buttons X, Y = Jump, it was all thought out very well.

That is not to say Xbox 360's controller sucked, I love that too! But still, GC's controller is best of last generation. Period.

I've got my grips on all controllers in the local game-store and to be honest, the GameCube pad feels the best of all. The X360 controller isn't bad, but it just lacks the ease of use (I have to look at the buttons to use them). But that's personal. And somebody said something about the lack of 'select' button. Never had the problem of 'missing' them. The select button is useless in the 3D era and I think I never missed it sicne the N64-era.

I114550.jpg

i got this logic 3 controller a while ago and i think its great! not quite as good as the official one, but it's still comfy and has turbo function.

g_46500042.jpg

as for this however... i have two of them in black, they are rubbish. buttons are bulky, grip is rubbish, the whole thing is bulky! but its still a controller and im glad that i got them cause i've had some good 4 player games.

g_46500042.jpg

as for this however... i have two of them in black, they are rubbish. buttons are bulky, grip is rubbish, the whole thing is bulky! but its still a controller and im glad that i got them cause i've had some good 4 player games.

I've got one of them in black. VERY bulky.

Sign in to follow this