NEurope
Charlie

Matt IGN reveals some new games...

The bongo control felt too limiting in jungle beat and just got annoying, but I get what you say about rhythm.

Jungle Beat is easily my favourite Donkey Kong game. The controls weren't perfect, but when they did what you wanted, which was most of the time, they gave the player a much better feeling than normal d-pad and button controls could, especially when performing combos. The cherry kingdom level, which can be done without touching the ground once, is one of my favourite video game levels ever.

You suck ass...

I was just saying that these titles wont sell systems, or do much to increase the Wii's popularity.

Nobody but the existing fanbase will consider picking these up.

Nintendo should make new innovative head turning titles instead of this piece of shit. im joking

'matt ign reveals new wii titles'

and everyone wishes he didn't because they all sound utter shite.

Didn't someone say this wasn't meant to be like the gamecube?

Really man, stop it. We don't need your arrogant ass in every thread to tell us that your allseeing eye has enlightened you about the way the Wii is going to end up. We don't need to be told that, simply because you don't have a game tucked into your Wii right now, the Wii is going to die and every game announced sucks. You're only stupidly provoking reactions. We've had enough of those posters in the past, now stop it.

Well, it seems that there are two camps having this argument, the kind that slavishly see good in anything that's on the release schedule, and those who are cynical and will basically point out that a lot of these games look a little underwhelming.

Well, it seems that there are two camps having this argument, the kind that slavishly see good in anything that's on the release schedule, and those who are cynical and will basically point out that a lot of these games look a little underwhelming.

The reason that people are underwhelmed by certain titles is that they still think the Wii will suddenly grown a High Defination Beard and put on a pair of Blu-ray socks.. Get over it. Its not gonna happen.

The reason that people are underwhelmed by certain titles is that they still think the Wii will suddenly grown a High Defination Beard and put on a pair of Blu-ray socks.. Get over it. Its not gonna happen.

They'll never get over it. It's like an incurable disease.

Not at all. Take for example when Red Steel was announced, I was very happy, and thought the game looked great. I think Metroid Prime 3 looks great. I love the new Fire Emblem game.

But some games on the Wii look cack.

youcantseeme.jpg

You can't see me

youcantseeme.jpg

You can't see me

youcantseeme.jpg

You can't see me

youcantseeme.jpg

You can't see me

youcantseeme.jpg

You can't see me

youcantseeme.jpg

You can't see me

youcantseeme.jpg

You can't see me

youcantseeme.jpg

You can't see me

youcantseeme.jpg

You can't see me

A little underwhelming? Come on. Let's put things in a fair perspective here. The 'fanboy side' only goes as far as going to say things like 'looks nice' or 'promising' and even delivers mild criticism if you took the time to properly read their posts. The antifanboys manage to write things off at first screenshots (bag of shit were your very mature words I might add) while nobody could've formed a proper opinion yet. Just because 'we' don't share your highly annoying cynical and pessimistic view doesn't make 'us' slavish fanboys. 'We' are the ones actually in for discussion; trying to discuss with 'you guys' on these subjects mean we're more likely to get a big fat FANBOY statement than anything intelligent.

Those of you who feel they need to be cynic in order to balance these boards or whatever, are really ruining it. I admit that some games look bad on Wii, but then I won't hestitate to say so. If I don't share your opinion on other games, like Dewy's Adventure, that doesn't make a fanboy.

Right, otherwise why calling it "Bongo Blast"? :)

I think if I ever get it, I'll play it with bongos as it was meant to.

I reckon the name has now changed. I sadly cannot see Nintendo having both control methods in there, they probably think hardly anyone has bongos.

It'll be called Donkey Kong Racing surely?

I hate Nintendo when it comes to Donkey Kong. I've been waiting a new big DK platformer since DK64, but what have I got? Donkey Kongas, DK: Jungle Beat, DK: King of Swing, DK vs. Mario etc. Do you remember when Nintendo promised us a Donky Kong Revolution, which was supposed to be a platformer but why they haven't talked about it at all after they announced it?

I hate Nintendo when it comes to Donkey Kong. I've been waiting a new big DK platformer since DK64, but what have I got? Donkey Kongas, DK: Jungle Beat, DK: King of Swing, DK vs. Mario etc. Do you remember when Nintendo promised us a Donky Kong Revolution, which was supposed to be a platformer but why they haven't talked about it at all after they announced it?

yeah I have to agree, I loved donkey konga (must be one of very few people to own multiple sets of bongos), but still want a proper 3D platformer.

I reckon the name has now changed. I sadly cannot see Nintendo having both control methods in there, they probably think hardly anyone has bongos.

They're doing something similar for smash bros. brawl, aren't they? They should at least let you have the option of using the bongos, since it was designed for them in the first place.

yeah I have to agree, I loved donkey konga (must be one of very few people to own multiple sets of bongos), but still want a proper 3D platformer.
Let's hope Nintendo's Tokyo Studio who did DK Jungle Beat look into it afterwards as they're doing Mario Galaxy now.

would be awesome, I agree.

Also talking of platformers, there was this talk weeks ago about a yoshi island Wii right? now that would rule (specially if it was cell-shaded 3D)

Nintendo of Europe: The gameplay mechanic of sticking out Yoshi’s tongue and shooting eggs at different areas of the screen is something that would really lend itself well to the Wii Remote. Are there any plans for Yoshi’s Island Wii?

Toyokazu Nonaka, Producer of Yoshi’s Island DS: Any plans for Yoshi’s Island on Wii? Well, I think I will keep that a secret for now!

Offtopic, but yeah ^^

If we're replacing the bongos for the remote and nunchuck, what about the hand clap microphone? Are we getting a microphone attachment for the remote or will we have to press a button or motion in some other way? All of these alternatives don't sound as intuitive as the hand clap.

If we're replacing the bongos for the remote and nunchuck, what about the hand clap microphone? Are we getting a microphone attachment for the remote or will we have to press a button or motion in some other way? All of these alternatives don't sound as intuitive as the hand clap.

i think the wii mote will be a somewhat lame substitute. Remember that you could pplay jungle beat with just the gc controller. I think the pure way of playing will always be with the bongos

I hope they include a way to play with the bongos, cause that just seems a lot more fun. I loved Jungle Beat because of the cool use of the bongos. Very creative and fun to play.

Waiting for more information on Bongo Blast and the Kirby game, which I hope does get a release.

They would either leave it out, or if the wii mote could sense you tapping it against your arm or leg or something, have that.

I hope they include a way to play with the bongos, cause that just seems a lot more fun. I loved Jungle Beat because of the cool use of the bongos. Very creative and fun to play.

Waiting for more information on Bongo Blast and the Kirby game, which I hope does get a release.

I never played Jungle Beat, but I do have the Bongos and Donkey Konga, I reckon they are one of the coolest periperals of all time! Plus they got my bird into gaming!