NEurope
Bren

Shameless Skins

Skins: Really good.

Shameless: Never gave it the time.

Ugly Betty: Embarrassing to watch. Has such a camp vibe.

87 year old dork????

wtf are you on about.

The second episode of skins was much better than the first. The asting disorder thing with cassie? i think thats her name was really well dealt with. Whe the word "eat" kept appearing, like on her plate of food was really clever.

Are they doing a story per character, per episode kind of?

ugly betty also officially rocks

Although Channel 4 is arguably the best terrestrial channel at the moment, I have to admit that I'm not a fan of these two shows. They're decent viewing, but I can't say I look forward to either of these shows.

Yeah, but you can argue anything.

Windows is ar.... nevermind. :heh:

What he said is true, but he really should understand why it's done like that.......same for pretty much every other TV series or show.

Would be boring otherwise if it wasn't over exaggerated.

Personally I wouldn't be bored, but I get where you're coming at. But still, American programmes do it. In fact a lot of programmes don't rely upon ramping up stereotypes to gather audiences. Im just bitter towards UK television I guess.

Shamless was good for the first series, second series got shite and since then i haven't been able to bring myself to watch it!

skins however is amazing but then again it is just its first series, i kinda hope its going to be a one series run for some reason, like sugar rush should've stopped after the end of the first series.

and ugly betty = Devil Wears Prada poooooor poooooooooooor pooooooooooooooooooooor imitation, still its watchable if very cringe worthy for the wrong reasons at times, and its on in 10 mins.

lol..fine i will (try)

Skins is on an average now of 900,000 viewers per episode on E4 which is really good for digital.....its the best show on tv and that i have ever seen.

It absolutely rocks. A life like that would be perfect.:awesome:

yeh! everybody needs to watch skins. The last episode was awesome.

Sid being chased by a russian maniac, chris finally sleeping with his teacher and tony being told "wow tony, you've finally found something your not good at" after going down on maxxie.

Funniest.Show.On.The.Plannet

oh and cassie is so hot!

the episode last night rocked!!!!

"hi i was just wondring if you could tell me something....how many times have you f**ked my boyfriend?"

"I apologise for what i said earlier, the fact that i said you have a large c*ck, obviously... i was wrong"

The show rocks.: peace: : peace: : peace:

Yesterday's episode was really good. I'm really getting into Skins now, and it's a lot, lot better than Shameless, imo.

I can't believe how good this is now, compared to the very shitty first episode.

Yesterday's episode was really good. I'm really getting into Skins now, and it's a lot, lot better than Shameless, imo.

I can't believe how good this is now, compared to the very shitty first episode.

Michele is stunning isnt she, the scene with Sid on the bed was better than anything ive seen in my life.

Sorry i needed to get that out.

Michele is stunning isnt she, the scene with Sid on the bed was better than anything ive seen in my life.

Sorry i needed to get that out.

He's a very decent bloke for not leading her on. But, I was very tempted to rub my head against her boobies.

it has improved since the "meh" first episode. Its now the best show on tv.

There is going to be a second series, the christ character confirmed it on bbc radio online. They are going to film it in the summer.

WOOO!

the next episode looks much more serious. Looks as though tony gets seriously hurt and his sister Effy, who the episode is about, gets snatched.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2013202744

trailer for new episode

I actually liked the 1st Episode of Skins better than some of the others. I really like the show though...but I missed the Russia one :(

I don't really see how people can say this is really exaggerated; it's not as if these sorts of things don't go on. It is slightly exaggerated, but not much really. It's not like there aren't c**ts like Tony.

Skins is growing on me a lot recently. At first I thought 'exaggerated bollocks based on a 35 year olds view on what modern teenage life is like', now it seems pretty spot on, what with marriage break-ups, fools like Tony and unrequited lust. Plus Cassie is immense in an odd destructive kind of way.

I think I mentioned my view on Skins in meaningless;

Granted I didn't watch all of it (rather the end on E4, then the start on E4+1) but it made me realise what I dislike about British teen drama; its so patronising. It acts as if every British teen is an over-sexed over-drugged over-drunk idiot who is just after their next lay, spliff and pint. Its no wonder teenagers are given a bad 'rep' in newspapers and such as channels like channel four glorify and use this negative representation for commerical gain, and the public lap it up because theres hot people half naked.

Shameless could be viewed as patronising to those living on a council estate, it still makes good telly.

Anyone catch a glimpse of the russian girl chooping wood? Wank? Or tell group? Haha.

cassie is such an awesome character. The way she speaks great.

That psh girl though, abigail. "thats so, like, well, safe!" ARGH that annoys me so much.

It was very funny when michelle tried to have sex with sid but it all ended in her crying, his dad walking into the room and proclaiming "he's not gay"

In the next episode, looks as though tony gets badly hurt.

What about Ugly Betty, anyone digging that?

Ugly Betty is better than both Shameless and Skins.

All 3 however as nothing alike, not even the slightest.

WOW the episode last night was awesome!! Cassie and sid moment was awesome, while what happened to effy and tony was...woah!

Last epsidode next week. Series 2 has been announced!!!!

Ugly Betty is better than both Shameless and Skins.

All 3 however as nothing alike, not even the slightest.

Ooo Im loving Ugly Betty at the moment! Its on tonight:yay:

Personally I wouldn't be bored, but I get where you're coming at. But still, American programmes do it. In fact a lot of programmes don't rely upon ramping up stereotypes to gather audiences. Im just bitter towards UK television I guess.

woaah! woah! That's English for 'stop a horse!'

As a self proclaimed Veronica Mars nut, you can't complain about stereotypes!

oh look, a hilton esque blonde going out with a rich jock, and look! a latino rough man bike gang! holy shit guys, lets talk about it all in a ridiculously clean high school courtyard and swap lunch or something with our ethnic minority friends!

;)