NEurope
Bren

Shameless Skins

So, what you think of these 2 programs?

Shameless is a classic. And skins was quite decent, cant wait for the next one tonight.

You nob.

Credit for this thread goes to me, my msn name last nite.

Anyways, yeah there mint skins at 10 cant wait.

lol. Credit does not go to Caris.

On msn you have been nicknamed Caris, theirfor i cant see your name, bellend.

Although Channel 4 is arguably the best terrestrial channel at the moment, I have to admit that I'm not a fan of these two shows. They're decent viewing, but I can't say I look forward to either of these shows.

Although Channel 4 is arguably the best terrestrial channel at the moment, I have to admit that I'm not a fan of these two shows. They're decent viewing, but I can't say I look forward to either of these shows.

Look's like mindless crap to me but Channel 4 the best terrestrail channel? :indeed:

A person I saw today really reminded me of the scum in shameless.....O_o. This screggy old man - 2ft grey/white beard, looked like he hadnt washed in a year - walked into best one (discount store) and instantly the guy behind the counter turned round and gave him a pack of fags. The best bit was then to pay for these cigarettes, the guy got out a used cigarette packet, poured some money out and left. He had counted out the exact change in silver and coppers.....

Look's like mindless crap to me but Channel 4 the best terrestrail channel? :indeed:

Ditto, couldn't agree more Dante.

Skins - Superb with dealing with normal teenage problems, drugs, sex, eating etc and its very funny.

Shameless - used to be great, now its alright but has got worse

Ugly betty - not "american shite", way better than most UK programs

Skunky17 i think your the most obnoxious peice of arse on this board, most thread you start or when you post its something insulting someone elses opinion.

Get.A.Life

I think I mentioned my view on Skins in meaningless;

Granted I didn't watch all of it (rather the end on E4, then the start on E4+1) but it made me realise what I dislike about British teen drama; its so patronising. It acts as if every British teen is an over-sexed over-drugged over-drunk idiot who is just after their next lay, spliff and pint. Its no wonder teenagers are given a bad 'rep' in newspapers and such as channels like channel four glorify and use this negative representation for commerical gain, and the public lap it up because theres hot people half naked.

Skunky17 i think your the most obnoxious peice of arse on this board, most thread you start or when you post its something insulting someone elses opinion.

Get.A.Life

Shut up you stupid bellend.

Me and caris were having a laugh.

My cousins an extra in skins but I havent watched it so I havent seen that son of a aunt in there.

I think I mentioned my view on Skins in meaningless;

Granted I didn't watch all of it (rather the end on E4, then the start on E4+1) but it made me realise what I dislike about British teen drama; its so patronising. It acts as if every British teen is an over-sexed over-drugged over-drunk idiot who is just after their next lay, spliff and pint. Its no wonder teenagers are given a bad 'rep' in newspapers and such as channels like channel four glorify and use this negative representation for commerical gain, and the public lap it up because theres hot people half naked.

What you said is right Ashley.

I watched tonight's episode of skins, and it was much, much, much better than last week's episode. I think the way they dealt with the eating disorder issue was quite good.

What the hell, it felt like a completely different programme to last week.

Yah. That's true. I liked the first episode, thought it was quite well written and certainly very funny. But this second episode was far better. It's usually the case with TV programmes though that first episode is the weakest, they have to introduce us to the characters and tone of the programme whilst still telling an entertaining and engaging story. That's a very tough thing to do.

Best thing about the programme is that it's so well shot, unlike many of the programmes of this ilk - Sugar Rush for instance. Look forward to future episodes, doubt they'll be better than tonights though.

Just a quick note about versimilitude, the kids in the programme are far too cool. They're into too much good music, reading too many cool books and watching too many cool films - that Tony kid had a poster for "8 1/2" on his wall, I mean how many 17 year old kids like Fellini flicks?

Get.A.Life

I think you're the one who needs to get a life. Skunky's being himself... you're being an 87 year old dork.

What you said is right Ashley.

What he said is true, but he really should understand why it's done like that.......same for pretty much every other TV series or show.

Would be boring otherwise if it wasn't over exaggerated.

Me and my dad love shameless. Next Tuesday's s awesome.

I wanna be one of the Mcguyers.