NEurope
Dante

Rumor: New Wii Games From Konami

What a shower of crap. No Castlevania, no contra, no MGS. cack, cack and more cack.

shutup5lq7moar2.gif

:p

First of all, have you ever played any of the 3D Castlevanias that Konami put out for PS2? They are plain horrible games, made with extremely limited budget. They have repetitive gameplay. Corridor after corridor, all looking same. Only monsters change. Both were commercial failures, and Wii version wouldn't fare better, especially considering that Konami's team can't even do tolerable 3D Castlevania. They have proved it four times.

Contra..... Once again I'm suspecting that you haven't played any Contra titles since SNES / Genesis. After SNES days, Konami has made only only three Contra games, one for PSOne / Saturn, two for PS2. All three were quite bad games, and mostly sold due classic name. Fortunately, using classic name didn't keep series infinetily aflot, and after commercial disaster called Neo Contra, Contra as series was put into indefinite hold. And that's a good thing.

Metal Gear Solid? Little unrealistic to except, as Sony has paid big sum for exclusivity. When you are it, you could basically bitch that why PS3 doesn't get Super Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3. Or why Wii doesn't get Halo.

So... instead of trying to get into Wii market with two series that are on the verge of death, Konami decided to do DDR game. DDR is one of their most popular titles on the west, easily moving at least 300 000 copies each time new mix is released. It was smart move and will surely help with Wii's mainstream appeal. And complaining about Lewy's is also quite pointless, especially because you haven't played it. You don't know how good it is, or how much effort team has put to it.

I do hope they release a PES game and not some ISS nonsense.

No fear about that. ISS as a series is dead. Konami finally noticed that there wasn't really any logical reason to have two different football titles to compete for same market segment.

shutup5lq7moar2.gif

:p

First of all, have you ever played any of the 3D Castlevanias that Konami put out for PS2? They are plain horrible games, made with extremely limited budget. They have repetitive gameplay. Corridor after corridor, all looking same. Only monsters change. Both were commercial failures, and Wii version wouldn't fare better, especially considering that Konami's team can't even do tolerable 3D Castlevania. They have proved it four times.

Contra..... Once again I'm suspecting that you haven't played any Contra titles since SNES / Genesis. After SNES days, Konami has made only only three Contra games, one for PSOne / Saturn, two for PS2. All three were quite bad games, and mostly sold due classic name. Fortunately, using classic name didn't keep series infinetily aflot, and after commercial disaster called Neo Contra, Contra as series was put into indefinite hold. And that's a good thing.

Metal Gear Solid? Little unrealistic to except, as Sony has paid big sum for exclusivity. When you are it, you could basically bitch that why PS3 doesn't get Super Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3. Or why Wii doesn't get Halo.

So... instead of trying to get into Wii market with two series that are on the verge of death, Konami decided to do DDR game. DDR is one of their most popular titles on the west, easily moving at least 300 000 copies each time new mix is released. It was smart move and will surely help with Wii's mainstream appeal. And complaining about Lewy's is also quite pointless, especially because you haven't played it. You don't know how good it is, or how much effort team has put to it.

No fear about that. ISS as a series is dead. Konami finally noticed that there wasn't really any logical reason to have two different football titles to compete for same market segment.

Those new titles are doing nothing for me at all. Sorry, but they're just not. Maybe I am being unrealistic. I'll be honest, and I've said this before, I loved Konami in the SNES days, and I love MGS. But since then they've declined in a massive way. However I would like to see them return to form with the Wii and re-invigorate their franchises, which they may be able to do with the Wii-mote.

I'm well aware Contra is basically now a joke, and that Castlevania now exists mainly on the DS, but hell, I still don;t want a dance mat game or some water puzzle effort.

I'm well aware Contra is basically now a joke, and that Castlevania now exists mainly on the DS, but hell, I still don;t want a dance mat game or some water puzzle effort.

Yeah, that is fair response, as nobody can like every possible game on the market. But I still think that it is good that Konami tries and brings some original titles to Wii.

This is what you get for sticking with ancient technology

No this is the crap you get for sticking with ancient technology

THQ has a whopping 11 Wii titles planned for Nintendo's system through fiscal 2008, it revealed.

"In addition to Ratatouille, we plan to launch a sequel to Cars at holiday. Our partners at Disney and Pixar believe that Cars has the potential to be a long-term franchise and we are working closely with them on building this brand. We believe that Ratatouille, Cars II, and a growing Pixar catalog will show a strong year-over-year comparison for the Pixar franchise as a whole. We also expect strong sales from our Nickelodeon lineup led by Avatar and NickTunes. And we plan to continue to release games based on our Bratz license which has shipped more than 3 million units to date."

\

That would be because Nintendo own Mario and they own Metroid. Microsoft own Halo. Sony don't actually own MGS, Konami do...

I'm betting Monday's "big anouncement" will be a Hideo Kojima game. Not MGS of course, but maybe a Wii version of Boktai, or a whole new concept alltogether.

I think they'll announce an MGS game, due to Snake being in Smash Bros. It'll be an updated port of an existing game, or maybe a bundle of MGS 2 & 3 with new controls.

Sony don't actually own MGS, Konami do...

But Sony has paid for the exclusivity. That's the point. There is certain brands that you really shouldn't except, as they are tightly within hands of one of the key players. Those titles that aren't "bolted down" are going multiplatform in next generation.

No this is the crap you get for sticking with ancient technology

Actually no. That's crap what you always get if you allow THQ to publish games for your platform. THQ has practically constructed their 20 years old dynasty around crap shovelware that they push in great masses to any console platform that is commercially viable. This was true in the past, and it will definetily be true in the future. PS3 and X360 won't be spared from their shit, but THQ is vary start pumping crap before it knows which one will win. Sometimes THQ does publish some decent titles, but their own input has always been stuff of legends*.

Oh well, at least THQ also announced that they are publishing wrestling game for Wii. Probably Day of Reckoning 3.

* ...or nightmares, depending from who you ask :)

Is Dancy dance the monday revelation, or should we exect aomething else?

Well, as it's not monday yet, I'm hoping we get something juicy then.

This is what you get for sticking with ancient technology
yeah our controller is just... so ancient.

I guess it's also because of ancient hardware that PS2 got MGS franchise and GBA/DS had all those exclusive castlevania games.

I guess it's also because of ancient hardware that PS2 got MGS franchise and GBA/DS had all those exclusive castlevania games.

Bolded because of the pwnage contained in the post.

I'm betting Monday's "big anouncement" will be a Hideo Kojima game. Not MGS of course, but maybe a Wii version of Boktai, or a whole new concept alltogether.

I think a new Boktai will rely on the success of Lunar Knights, is it out anywhere yet?

I guess it's also because of popular hardware that didnt have vastly superior machines to contend with that PS2 got MGS franchise and GBA had all those exclusive castlevania games.

Never put horsepower and handhelds together, arguements are void.

Bolded because of the pwnage contained in the post.

Was his ass good?

I'm happy just with Dewey, I want Wii to play original and fun games.

Was his ass good?

Don't be sad kid, you can't win them all.

Never put horsepower and handhelds together, arguements are void.
I also talked about PS2 and MGS being stuck on it for a whole generation though.

That's what you got for sticking with ancient technology.

Meaning... Sales and money is what really matter; even Kojima said he thinks HD is not that important.

Kojima: We're not the ones who are saying we want HD. I'm not interested, myself, about HD at all. MGS games tend not to care about how clean the screen looks...we deliberately make the graphics look dirtier to give the atmosphere more life.
Source: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/kojima/kojima-doesnt-care-about-hd-interested-in-wii-225925.php

Oh wait? is he sticking to ancient technology?

I also talked about PS2 and MGS being stuck on it for a whole generation though.

That's what you got for sticking with ancient technology.

Meaning... Sales and money is what really matter; even Kojima said he thinks HD is not that important.

Source: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/kojima/kojima-doesnt-care-about-hd-interested-in-wii-225925.php

Oh wait? is he sticking to ancient technology?

He can say what he likes, at the end of the day MGS is on PS3 and PSP, and not on the Nintendo.

Don't be sad kid, you can't win them all.

Win???

Wait what. I demand the definition of the term Win

He can say what he likes, at the end of the day MGS is on PS3 and PSP, and not on the Nintendo.
And at the end of the day that doesn't change the fact that PS2 was weaker, ancient technology.

I'll say it again, sales and money is what really matter, then comes the platform.

If MGS were to go multiplatform, or just to another console altogether, Sony would even be willing to pay for it to stay exclusive, that's probably why the MGS4 on X360 rumors just don't want to die.

Wii could be twice as powerful compared to PS3 and still, the chances of MGS4 being Wii exclusive would be slim.

And at the end of the day that doesn't change the fact that PS2 was weaker, ancient technology.

I'll say it again, sales and money is what really matter, then comes the platform.

If MGS were to go multiplatform, or just to another console altogether, Sony would even be willing to pay for it to stay exclusive, that's probably why the MGS4 on X360 rumors just don't want to die.

Wii could be twice as powerful compared to PS3 and still, the chances of MGS4 being Wii exclusive would be slim.

What is this arguement about, i lost track of it?

What is this arguement about, i lost track of it?
About "ancient technology" not really mattering in the equation.

Since we were at it I said what was important in that equation.

EDIT: Off course, I think you understood it just as "it was meant to", the first time I wrote it. But I don't mind doing a recap.

I love it when people try to change the subject when they know they're being owned. It's just funny.

I love it when people try to change the subject when they know they're being owned. It's just funny.

Seriously now, describe how one got owned, i know everyone sucks up to Pedrocastlevania because he gets most of his shit from wikipedia (No offence), but i have noticed a growing trend in the art of kissing ones buttocks.

Edit: Ok i noticed, silly me, you are both Portugese

Ugh, Jesus you're like Pedro's cheerleader.

Seriously now, describe how one got owned, i know everyone sucks up to Pedrocastlevania because he gets most of his shit from wikipedia (No offence), but i have noticed a growing trend in the art of kissing ones buttocks.
What did I get from wikipedia though? specially on this discussion, we could say the same for you and neogaf I suppose, and I don't even care about that.

Wikipedia is a fast way of searching info, so what next? accuse me of getting info from google?

It doesn't mean I don't know most of the stuff before hand, but you just know sometimes it's faster to look it up there, I don't always use it though.

But... What is this arguement about, i lost track of it?

And for the record, castlevania? I'm not even a fan of that series pal. totally unrelated stuff.

Edit: Ok i noticed, silly me, you are both Portugese
Oh cool, that should say it all, by the way it's written Portuguese.