NEurope
Dante

Rumor: New Wii Games From Konami

RPG eh? The Wii definately needs some. I cant think of any that they do off-hand. Maybe something entirely new

Suikoden? There have been rumours... The Official Nintendo Mag also do give some hints to games we don't know about yet and this month there was a small section about it.

If you think MGS has a chance of being ported to the Wii you need a slap.

ZOE or Castlevania on the Wii, make it happen Konami!

Konami has a shit load of properties that id buy (as long as they arent ports).

Ideal: Contra, Castlevania and/or Gradius in luscious 2D

More Likely: Disney Sports, Frogger, Yu Gi Oh

Yep, that is what we'll end with, you know it!

I'm anxiously awaiting what kind of games Konami has planned for Wii. I don't think we'll get a MGS title, as Kojima Productions has its hands full on MGS4 on PS3 already. Besides, they've just produced MGS: PO for PSP. How many MGS games can they churn out?

I'm personally hoping for a return of the console Castlevania titles on Wii. They have the GBA/DS fan base already. I'd prefer an ultimate 2D epic Castlevania title, but wouldn't mind those 3D games. Just make it good!

But frankly, I don't think we'll get many huge franchises yet. Think more like Elebits, new games but with a family-friendly theme. Besides that, I'm fully expecting some Bemani games on Wii, especially DrumMania. Whatever they put out, just make it worthwhile and I'll gobble it!

I'm anxiously awaiting what kind of games Konami has planned for Wii. I don't think we'll get a MGS title, as Kojima Productions has its hands full on MGS4 on PS3 already. Besides, they've just produced MGS: PO for PSP. How many MGS games can they churn out?

I'm personally hoping for a return of the console Castlevania titles on Wii. They have the GBA/DS fan base already. I'd prefer an ultimate 2D epic Castlevania title, but wouldn't mind those 3D games. Just make it good!

But frankly, I don't think we'll get many huge franchises yet. Think more like Elebits, new games but with a family-friendly theme. Besides that, I'm fully expecting some Bemani games on Wii, especially DrumMania. Whatever they put out, just make it worthwhile and I'll gobble it!

lol, maybe they'll give us a port of the N64 castlevania with Wii-mote controls, they'll probably just about get that graphics engine to run on the Wii lol

I'd wager we'll be seeing the return of the ISS series and maybe a Dance Mat game.

I would love a new Contra tho.

I'd wager we'll be seeing the return of the ISS series and maybe a Dance Mat game.

I would love a new Contra tho.

Dance Dance Revolution would be neat, but... ISS? the soccer game? wasn't it descontinued in favor of PES?

A good online Yu-Gi-Oh game would be cool,along with a 3rd Zone of The Enders and i'll be happy,anything else than that will be a bonus to me.

I do hope we hear something about this RPG and Adventure game though,Wii is lacking in those.

I vote Para para for the music game.

Para Para Paradise was commercial failure, and Konami doesn't own rights for most songs anymore.

A football game (Probably a Wii PES, possibly a return to ISS just incase it doesn't work out, ala the early Xbox/Cube games) and a DDR game are inevitable, if not with this batch of games then in the near future.

I would like to see a big franchise brought to the Wii - Kojima has said he likes the Wii but also I seem to remember him saying there won't be another MGS game whilst MGS4 is in production, Portable Ops was started before apparently so that doesn't count. A modernised Castlevania that brought its story telling and atmosphere into this decade would be very welcome but another Castlevania 64 style mess is best avoided. I think it could work if it played a bit like a combination between God of War and Prince of Persia with Castlevanias own style imo. A new franchise, with the potential to be an MGS style/quality of franchise would be class but I don't think Konami have really pushed a big new franchise/idea in a good while.

The event starts in 6 minutes. 5 PM Los Angeles time.
so... that means news tomorrow morning?

neat :D

IGN Wii: This may be the first game that we have seen with normal mapping. We weren't really sure if the Wii supported it.

Mukaitoge: Really? We used normal mapping for some of the bosses in the game. If you look closely at the trailer, you can see normal mapping on the boss character at the end.

Woo! Hollywood/Flipper is more powerful than we thought.

Woo! Hollywood/Flipper is more powerful than we thought.
More like, Hollywood is more powerful than IGN thought. ^_^

The guy was surprised, like "what are these guys smoking? of course it does"

Watching the videos, It looks like it's fun. For some reason it reminds me of Pikmin and Glover...

Can you explain what normal mapping is?
It's a way to give off the ideia that you're using a load more polygons than those actually onscreen.

800px-Normal_map_example.png