NEurope
Dante

Rumor: New Wii Games From Konami

Should we prepare for the Konami flood on Wii? The word on the street, the latest rumor, is that the publisher will announce "a bunch of" games for Nintendo's console this week.

Given that their first title was Elebits, might we be looking at more new franchises? Or might they bring some of their hit properties like Metal Gear and Castlevania over? Or, uh, Frogger? I haven't heard any further details, so you'll just have to speculate.

Game|Life.

Metal Gear, i doubt it. But Castlevania would be rather awesome, and so would be a new Contra/Probotector exclusive for the Wii.

Again I could only echo my other comments of the more games, the merrier.

Some all new old school style Gradius games would be nice, but unlikely to ever exist because they dont have the wow factor required for sales these days.

If there is one thing I would like to see it would be for Konami to concentrate on some type of rhythm game that was unique to the wiimote.

From what i've heard around quite a few boards is that Contra 3/Probotector have sold incredibly well.

But as 4q2 said, the Wii just needs a drumming game. Two wiimotes, on screen drums? VGM, anime music, chart music. That'd rock.

Do you reckon they could possibly release metal gear on wii but not the 4th one (new one), maybe the second one? The only reason i think this is because they did release the first one on cube but that was it. . . (not that i would really want them to release MGS2 as i already have it on PS2. . ..

I'd love to see them release MGS4 on wii but to be honest i very much dout it, very much so. . . . . . . .

Do you reckon they could possibly release metal gear on wii but not the 4th one (new one), maybe the second one? The only reason i think this is because they did release the first one on cube but that was it. . . (not that i would really want them to release MGS2 as i already have it on PS2. . ..

I'd love to see them release MGS4 on wii but to be honest i very much dout it, very much so. . . . . . . .

I doubt they'll port any MGS as of yet.

MGS2 and 3 are dificult to port since they were so optimized for PS2, and Kojima would need to do it, but he has no free time or whatever.

I doubt they'll port any MGS as of yet.

MGS2 and 3 are dificult to port since they were so optimized for PS2, and Kojima would need to do it, but he has no free time or whatever.

Ok, well i suppose the idea is there for them. Anyway i would much rather see them release something new instead of porting! Or at least port something i ent played on. lol

I sure hope they are bringing more support this week. They have been a bit light in terms of titles for the Wii so far. We need more from them.

From what i've heard around quite a few boards is that Contra 3/Probotector have sold incredibly well.

But as 4q2 said, the Wii just needs a drumming game. Two wiimotes, on screen drums? VGM, anime music, chart music. That'd rock.

Taiko Drum Master would be awesome on the Wii.

Taiko Drum Master would be awesome on the Wii.

Problem is i would want the japanese version, and the Wii isnt region free

Oh, and Konami do publish/make other games other thean MGS/Castlevania..

Why would he need to do it? Just get another developer to make the Wii version, then Konami publish it...

I mean seriously, get a fucking ps2 if you lot wanna play MGS that bad

I don't particularly want MGS2 or 3 at all.

Please let it be big. I don't want Eledees, I want MGS or Castlevania. Please let this be so!

same feeling...but please please not remakes, I wouldn't even mind semi sequels in the MGS series..like portable ops is and ghost babel was on the GBC (ok handhelds not best comparison)

Not referring to you.

Ah, sorry. I thought you were because I was the only person who posted after your last one.

But, I would prefer new games over remakes.

But arn't the chances of getting a MGS title on the Wii, increased now, due to the fact, Snake, is on Super Smash Brothers? Juts thought that Nintendo and Konami might have stronger ties now.

Also, would love a drumming game on the Wii, be it Konami's try at it, or Wii Music!

i'd love to see a wii castlevania

tho the only one i've ever played is IV on the vc

Boy, I would love to see a sequel to Policenauts or... Zone of Enders!

This man knows what he's talking about.

Although it won't be a Kojima game.

i'd love to see a wii castlevania

3D Castlevanias have been painfully bad so far due limited budget and the fact that the team isn't even trying. Hallway after another, all looking same. :(

Konami has a shit load of properties that id buy (as long as they arent ports).

Ideal: Contra, Castlevania and/or Gradius in luscious 2D

More Likely: Disney Sports, Frogger, Yu Gi Oh

More Likely: Disney Sports, Frogger, Yu Gi Oh

If we believe Famitsu, Konami has plans for following Wii titles:

- Soccer Title (Winning Eleven, because Seabass said he was already experimenting on wiimote)

- Baseball Title (Power Pro Yakkou 14, me thinks)

- Action Title*

- RPG Title*

- Music Title (Probably another DDR Mario, Drummania would be other obvious choice)

* Was rumoured to be cancelled in last month's Famitsu, but Konami has given official statement where they say that they haven't cancelled any titles.

EDIT: News from MTV via GoNintendo

Last week Midway Games hosted an event in Las Vegas to preview the company’s major 2007 titles. Other companies’ events will follow, including a San Francisco Konami announcement day scheduled for Thursday.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=12494