NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nintendinosaur

Download Festival 2007

Oh, my God. This has to be a joke, what are a band like MCR doing at Download...honestly, the make me want to kill myself and everyone around me.

thats why I didn't think my mate selling our tickets to see MCR at manchester and go to download was a good idea we would get murdered for supporting them. Also i don't like Linkin Park or Iron Maiden but I love MCR am I the only one on this forum like this?

Yes.

Honestly though, they got such a shit reception at reading last year, it baffles me as to why they're headlining. They're just going to get bottles thrown at them again.

MCR cool about a year ago then the rock community turns on them as they become to mainstream. I really don't get that with the rock community they try to hard to be "unique" when most are all the same.

MCR shouldnt never be catergorised as rock. They are absolute shite! Cannot stand emo music - the shitty lyrics and music and in this case - Gerrard Ways annoying voice. They are big, but only because of all the little 10 year old emos, and they really dont deserve to be as big as theyve become.

MCR shouldnt never be catergorised as rock. They are absolute shite! Cannot stand emo music - the shitty lyrics and music and in this case - Gerrard Ways annoying voice. They are big, but only because of all the little 10 year old emos, and they really dont deserve to be as big as theyve become.

a) Glad to see you agree they're a rock band

b) They're not an emo band

c) If you think his voice is annoying don't listento him.

d) I'm not a 10 year old little emo girl(besides they tend to be 13) and I like them.

reading 2005 they went down well but now they are to popular for the rock community. THE rockers really need to listen to what you like and stop being so narrow minded and liking what is in,. Throwing bottles is lame if you dont like it dont watch it

reading 2005 they went down well but now they are to popular for the rock community. THE rockers really need to listen to what you like and stop being so narrow minded and liking what is in,. Throwing bottles is lame if you dont like it dont watch it

That's a massive generalisation. Admittedly there is an element of the 'rock' community that can turn on a band when they become bigger , but you get that in fans of all genres.

The reason why MCR became as big as they did is because of the hype they received from Kerrang magazine (not even considered as a rock/metal mag) in particular and they didn't have the strength of songwriting to back it up. Thats the reason why people turned on them.

They may have gone down well at Reading but that is hardly a 'rock/metal' festival anyway , and the way things appear to be going 'Download' is in danger of going the same way.

Even to those that like the band , you must surely have a hard time justifying their status as a headline act.

Okaaay... thats... a weird line-up for Download.

I do like all the headline acts, but there's no way that MCR should headline. It seems a bit odd that Linkin Park are headliners too. Tbh, it feels so out of place for them to be headliners, Iron Maiden are the only band suitable to headline. *Sigh* So much for the rumors of Rammstein headlining Download.... :(

I hate rammstein, I am delighted the rumours werent true!

I had hoped metallica might come back again this year, it was a long shot of course.

The thing i find most suprising is that 2 of the 3 headline acts have only 3 studio albums each... Clearly quantity has no bearing on listing though, best example, Funeral for a friend have 3 albums and are second headliners to Guns n roses, on the same day that In FLames, with 10 studio albums a horde of fans and who have helped shape and influence modern metal are on at 3 in the afternoon.

I hate rammstein, I am delighted the rumours werent true!

Good for you. Though I know plenty of people that like them, and they would have put on a better show than any of the actual headliners. Ah well, each to their own... :heh:

Okaaay... thats... a weird line-up for Download.

I do like all the headline acts, but there's no way that MCR should headline. It seems a bit odd that Linkin Park are headliners too. Tbh, it feels so out of place for them to be headliners, Iron Maiden are the only band suitable to headline. *Sigh* So much for the rumors of Rammstein headlining Download.... :(

linkin headlined 2 years ago and had a very good reception and sounded awesome.

This year LP will more then likely be playin there new stuff YEY :santa:

really hope theres a good band on the snickers tent/myspace tent at end of the friday...im NOT watchin MCR if it comes to it ill go back to my tent.

I dont beleive in bottlin if i dont like the band i walk off i dont want to ruin it for the peeps that have gone prob mainly to see them.

They will get a MASSIVE bottlin....actually if comes to it i may buy a few drinks and watch all the bottles being thrown at MCR as a treat :p

As for iron maiden i will be tryin my hardest to try to get to the front for them as i LOVE maiden!!!! :love:

the organisers already know there are ALOT of metalheads etc will be going since maiden are playin etc and nearly 100% of them wont like MCR so why have them play..THEY SUCK

linkin headlined 2 years ago and had a very good reception and sounded awesome.

This year LP will more then likely be playin there new stuff YEY :santa:

Hmmm, maybe LP won't be so out of place then after all. I've got to admit, I do like their music, and I'm looking forward to the new album. :grin: I dunno though... I just feel that another band could be headliner... :/

I dont beleive in bottlin if i dont like the band i walk off i dont want to ruin it for the peeps that have gone prob mainly to see them.

Good! I may hate a lot of bands, but I wouldn't bottle any off stage (unless it was utter shite, like the time 50 Cent was at Reading, lol.) Seriously though, bottling off bands is stupid, it just ruins it for everyone. I agree with you 100% BeerMonkey.

im still hopin on lostprophets playin they could play before linkin that would rock my socks.

Oh, my God. This has to be a joke, what are a band like MCR doing at Download...honestly, the make me want to kill myself and everyone around me.

Is that a bad thing? I see MCR have already had an influence!

More (awesome) bands announced:

Slayer, Marilyn Manson, Wolfmother, Killswitch Engage and Bring Me the Horizon.

I have seen Slayer, KSE and Wolfmother before, and they all put on an excellent show, KSE really suprised me. I'm really excited to see marilyn manson. I though he wasn't touring again, i assume this is one of the the good things to come out of divorce.

On the bad side I have discovered that in my office of 4 people 3 of us are all trying to get the friday off, and sadly I was too late, meaning no early arrival on thursday and comfortable setting up. I stead I'll arrive 8ish on friday night straight from work with no camping room left. eek!

Slayer, Killswitch Engage

I'd pay the Price of admission just to see those two bands. KSE are better though. Oooh controversial. :heh:

I'd pay the Price of admission just to see those two bands. KSE are better though. Oooh controversial. :heh:

Never understood the fuss over Slayer really. They're ok but there doesn't seem to be much to their music. I've got reign in blood and every song seems to follow the same structure, thrashing riffs, random solo, more thrashing, end. As for the new announced bands, i'd like to see Marylin Manson but i'm not sure if its worth £150 odd. If Machine Head are going that might sway me.

Sign in to follow this