NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nintendinosaur

Download Festival 2007

Three headline acts are going to be announced at 7.30 today, with tickets going on sale tomorrow.

Many peoples bets for the three headliners announced today are Iron Maiden, Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance.

While I like these bands, I feel that they shouldn't be headliners with the exception of Maiden.

But I suppose they might do what they done last year and reveal the bigger guns towards the time of the festival.

Thoughts?

But I suppose they might do what they done last year and reveal the bigger guns towards the time of the festival.

Thoughts?

Surely the big guns should be the headliners.

my hopes were high for rage headlining. I'm not to keen on these headliners, MCR and Linkin Park shouldn't really be top billing, although I do like Linkin PArk, I had hoped they would be second to Rage.

Remember, though, that every week or so they'll announce new acts. It's possible that they may pull out, be replaced, etc.

Wow, they managed to fuck up the highlight of my year. Nice one guys. No way in hell do MCR or Linkin Park deserve headliner slots. Gay.

MCR = CRAP!

Linkin Park are awesome live saw them few years ago :)

Iron maiden are one of my fav bands :D and were awesome when saw them in 2003 :D

with MCR playin its gunna be a massive emo infestation

I would like to go this year (For Iron Maiden and stuff, i saw them in december) but i realised its around the GCSE time, so no go for me :S

MCR cool about a year ago then the rock community turns on them as they become to mainstream. I really don't get that with the rock community they try to hard to be "unique" when most are all the same.

I'm getting a bit worried, MCR are really growing on me. I normally like to more complex, pretentious stuff, so this is really freaking me out.

Remember, though, that every week or so they'll announce new acts. It's possible that they may pull out, be replaced, etc.

What about assassinated?

Can't imagine many of the download faithful being happy with this.

Wait... what?

MCR are ok, but no way are they meant to be at download. Let alone fucking headliners. Seriously what the fuck. Linkin Park = :/

Too bad you can't just get tickets for the final day. Oh well with exams and all, I won't be going anyway *sigh*.

Can't say that those headliners are inspirational , Maiden yes but the others come on get real.

Linkin Park are way past their best (if they had one) and are certainly not headline material.

As for MCR , well ......

If the line-up stays this awful it's going to save me a cost of bothering with a ticket.

Oh, my God. This has to be a joke, what are a band like MCR doing at Download...honestly, the make me want to kill myself and everyone around me.

MCR cool about a year ago then the rock community turns on them as they become to mainstream. I really don't get that with the rock community they try to hard to be "unique" when most are all the same.

No, they were hated last year too. And the year before that. If anything, they are less hated now than they were a year or 2 ago

On the subject of Linkin Park, can anyone really judge how worthy of a headline slot they are without hearing the new album? Nowt has been released since Collision Course so it remains to be seen if they still have what it takes.

Im a bit disappointed tbh, saw Maiden last time they did Leeds and not interested in MCR, leaving me with Linkin Park as the sole headliner i would definitely go and see. Ah well, looks good for the other festies; we have Aerosmith, Smashing Pumpkins and possibly Rage Against the Machine to find places for! :bouncy:

Sign in to follow this