NEurope
Charlie

Are you happy with your Wii?

Anyone who gets disapointed in a console in its first 6 months of life is a moron. Regardless of the console.

You're a fool quite yourself thinking that everything is so bright with this console. I had more fun with the starting GameCube than the starting Wii up untill now, so that leaves me dissapointed. But, because it's the first months in it's lifecycle, I'm not supposed to feel that way? That doesn't make sense. I'm dissapointed because I feel there are opportunities they missed and there are just no appealing games out there at the moment. So it's simple. It's fucking personal - don't make your opinion the one of the world.

I just wish it supported AA...

It does support it.

Earlyish games aren't going to have support due to them being done mostly on beta kits, but the Wii is fully capable of FFAA.

Anyone who gets disapointed in a console in its first 6 months of life is a moron. Regardless of the console.

Well you can when the wii was over hyped for the launch and failed to deliver on fantastic games for the launch. There was one fantastic game the rest was mediocre.

And why the hell are nintedo charging £40 for warioware smooth moves. £20 good price. But £40 thats a rip off considering the GC game was only £20.

So the 3 best games for wii come out by nintendo this december.

Wow nintendo you really have let the ball slipped.

So I have a system with one game and a demo. Anyone want to buy it?

And why the hell are nintedo charging £40 for warioware smooth moves. £20 good price. But £40 thats a rip off considering the GC game was only £20.
Have you even thought about the stores?

games are 60/65 here, but warioware is at 50€, sure that's the price I get for importing, but... it's cheaper than the others in store, then I go to gameplay.co.uk and it's at... £32.99?

yep, massive profit. physical stores never have prices equal to the online stores, specially if the physical stores are located in portugal.

the wii is selling better than the GC sure... but have the games REALLY delivered?

Very few games deliver any sort of covincing 'revolution' despite the new controller... and the second gen games don't seem to really be changing that.

The games have barely started coming out *sigh*

The RRP is £35, and the GC one was £20 because it was a remake of the gba one.

The RRP is £35, and the GC one was £20 because it was a remake of the gba one.
Thing is... I buy most of the games at only stores at 32.99 or even 29.99 pounds on launch; WarioWare is at 32.99 they're clearly doing more profit from it.

Here there's a clear 10€ diference in pricetag, that's 6,6 pounds, thus, the game could be sold at launch at 24/26 pounds in online retailers.

I blame them, off course.

You get wii games for £30? The RRP for most of them is £40.

They need to have higher prices because of higher development costs.

nah, the profit margin for stores is the same, and stores profit more from a game than from selling a whole, more expensive game console.

They just kept the RRP at £40 even in online stores until after christmas because they knew they'd sell anyway.

Warioware should be cheaper by online store standards. not the same price as the other 40 pound games already being sold at 30/33£.

But they don't have higher development costs and that is simply because of the fact that they aren't coming out on a next gen system.

Stores by them wholesale from publishers for about £27.99 for wii games. Thats the true price of wii games.

Have you even thought about the stores?

games are 60/65 here, but warioware is at 50€, sure that's the price I get for importing, but... it's cheaper than the others in store, then I go to gameplay.co.uk and it's at... £32.99?

yep, massive profit. physical stores never have prices equal to the online stores, specially if the physical stores are located in portugal.

Yes I did think about the stores and if stores told developers were not buying games at £30 per game at wholesale price. Then they would reduce there costs by maybe a £5 and passing on the savings for about £5

And Warioware doesn't even deserve a £40 price tag, simply because its just a slight update - grainger games recommened I didn't buy it off them because it wasn't worth it and you know thats pretty bad for an indie shop to state that.

I think people wants and expects more from the Wii than they ever did with the GameCube. And coincidentaly the Wii delivers much more.

It seems the more you get the more you want. And I want some online play.

Yes well thats because we were promissed this great new control method and for me, all of this has left a nasty taste in my mouth.

In 3 years, Nintendo will replace the wii with a new more powerful console. While ps3 and 360 have produced a nice range of true next gen gaming.

Only one game on the wii interests me and it will just use the classic controller.

But they don't have higher development costs and that is simply because of the fact that they aren't coming out on a next gen system.

So the controller counts for nothing then, does it? If all you want is graphics, watch a movie or something.

Stores by them wholesale from publishers for about £27.99 for wii games. Thats the true price of wii games.

Do you expect stores to make a £2 profit per game sold then? That is ridiculous, they're freaking businesses.

Yes well thats because we were promissed this great new control method and for me, all of this has left a nasty taste in my mouth.

In 3 years, Nintendo will replace the wii with a new more powerful console. While ps3 and 360 have produced a nice range of true next gen gaming.

Only one game on the wii interests me and it will just use the classic controller.

As far as I can tell, you've gone from being a Nintendo fanboy, who would have a go at anyone that said Nintendo were crap, you used to go in the 360 thread slagging off Microsoft, and now you've gone completely the other way, having a go at Nintendo.

So 'True Next Gen gaming' is just having pretty graphics is it?

Think back to the DS. When that came out there wasn't really a game worth buying the system for for a good few months, but now I LOVE it, with Animal Crossing, Hotel Dusk, Brain Training, and New Mario Bros.

There's not many games out right now, and I've already moaned a little about it, but for me to have a Nintendo console and be thinking the next 2 games I'm going to buy are 3rd party games, is a step up from last time round, where if there was no Nintendo game, there was nothing.

By the end of this year Wii will have at least 5-6 really must have games.

Nasty taste...

So I have a system with one game and a demo. Anyone want to buy it?

Welcome back ZeldaFreak havent seen you on here in a while - too bad your still spouting the same old shite, If your not happy with you Wii then sell it. Then you have no reason to come to these boards and we won't have to put up with your constant whining.

What I dont get is you wind everyone up in this thread and in another bring us the news of Manhunt 2. If you want to benefit this forum then please do if not then stop your whining it's getting very old, very quick.

Oh and by the way Warioware's RRP is £34.99 - get your facts right.

Wow nintendo you really have let the ball slipped.
Priceless! :bowdown:

I think I have 7 games,and I can see me easily having atleast 12 before the end of 2007.

Just so many damn games I want.I've been on my Wii everyday since I got it at launch.

Wii Sports is still as fun as ever for me,and better when the family gives hints to play and we end up playing for ages.

Welcome back ZeldaFreak havent seen you on here in a while - too bad your still spouting the same old shite, If your not happy with you Wii then sell it. Then you have no reason to come to these boards and we won't have to put up with your constant whining.

What I dont get is you wind everyone up in this thread and in another bring us the news of Manhunt 2. If you want to benefit this forum then please do if not then stop your whining it's getting very old, very quick.

Oh and by the way Warioware's RRP is £34.99 - get your facts right.

Priceless! :bowdown:

I did say "would anyone like to buy it off me"

BTW its a £5 cheaper than I thought wow I must go and buy yet another minigame compilation. :indeed:

Or if your good enough at looking through sites,you can find it cheaper than £35.

Also,for all you know it could be better than you think,but instead you try and be sarcastic.

But it looks like your as good at that as making a positive post :heh:

I haven't got Wario, but my friend brought it round yesterday, it's actually a lot of fun to play with friends, the multiplayer is endlessly entertaning. Although I see where Zeldafreak is coming from on this one, as he most likely doesn't have any friends.

Me and my sister love doing that bungie game,is so funny the first time we played it,especially the pose.My dad moans when I beat him at darts,and wants a ton o rematches.

And that boss stage where you need to dance,when you watch someone it's priceless.

Gotta love those Retro games aswell.

I think I have 7 games,and I can see me easily having atleast 12 before the end of 2007.

Just so many damn games I want.I've been on my Wii everyday since I got it at launch.

Wii Sports is still as fun as ever for me,and better when the family gives hints to play and we end up playing for ages.

If you think there's so many games you want for Wii, try having a 360 as well! My bank balance isn't going to be too healthy :awesome:

Still buying the odd Gamecube and Xbox game as well, not to mention my DS. Thinking about buying Starfox Command.

I haven't got Wario, but my friend brought it round yesterday, it's actually a lot of fun to play with friends, the multiplayer is endlessly entertaning. Although I see where Zeldafreak is coming from on this one, as he most likely doesn't have any friends.

Ha Ha your so crazy.

No I have friends. Its just too much money for the content your getting.

When I was in Game at the weekend I was even from the staff there that it was overpriced for the content thats in WarioWare, and was recommened just to wait for a software price cut before purchasing it.

I've got bored with it a bit lately. It might be because my room is a mess, so it's not very easy to get any 4 player gaming going. Also I'm annoyed that whenever I pick up a remote it's lost one bar of battery power despite not having been used for a week.

haha so THATS his problem.You've solved it