NEurope
Charlie

Are you happy with your Wii?

I absolutely love my Wii I play it everyday.

didn't read the whole thread, but... someone had to do it

Seriously though, I very satisfied with it, now after the initial sales we just need more support coming, exclusive games and all, and operating system updates.

I have GC games to keep me entertained until then. :D

I think the Wii is waiting for it's versions/equivilants of Brain Training, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing to really shift itself into traditionally non-gaming hands. Wii Sports is a good start, but it needs more. What ever happend to Wii Music?

No! Don't hint them! I want epics, big games and big titles! Not those annoying mini-game things Nintendo seems to be couching in our coffee. I don't want them to spit out those games every single time they think they need something to boost sales! God, I played Brain Age and liked it, but i'm not buying it because I want my money well spent, sopent on somethging that lasts me long and gives me the feeling of immersion. Those games make me feel as if I'm just living life. That's not what gamping is about, is it?

Okay, there are movies and documentaries. I prefer movies. lord of the Rings-style, please.

Overall i am happy with it, though i have played more VC and GC titles than actual Wii games, i only own WiiPlay and WiiSports but its just that i am still skint from christmas, there are games that i want but just cant afford atm, hopefully Nintendo will have a nice even flow of games over the coming months.

Not like the 360 last year, 7 months i think it was with no exclusive titles, i was playing games like hitman and need for speed, all games i could have played on PS2/Xbox 1. The last game i played on my 360 was GoW, the current 'newer' 360 games have no appeal to me at the moment.

Yep, I sure am happy with my Wii. It's had a fair amount of use since launch here. Havent played much multi-player on it yet tho, only Wii Play with my parents. In future, I just hope we do get more epic games for it and, cool new "nunchunks" or wahtever will be going into that slot in the remote!

You seem bitter Jasper, maybe someone from Nintendo raped you when you were small? :P

Yes, im happy with my Wii. You always know when buying a console at launch that it will not be at its best. However Wii is a console with a lot of potential and playing it from launch day has provided me with a glimpse of the future it offers. Things are looking very promising and im glad I have secured it. If you just look at how many people are still struggling to find one worldwide in contrast to the availability of the PS3 shows that this console is something different, something special. The Wii is the first Nintendo console in years that aims to go further in every area than they have gone before, im glad to be a part of it.

ProjectGithamRacing3? Its a good game but how different is it to number 2? And kameo and Perfect Dark were depressingly disppointing (after looking forward to them both for a LONG time). None of them compare to Zelda. And also the PS3 launch is good yeah, but how late is it?

I would put money on you not playing many launch games for more than a couple of hours bceuase theres some good ones and a lot more good ones coming out over the next 2 months.

I am happy with mine. Various reasons for this.

Firstly, I am happy with the games with Wii remote. I know it'll get better, but for now I'm happy to experience the controls at my own home. Secondly, in principle I am happy that I have Wii. I agree with Nintendo's direction and having Wii is my way of showing support for the cause. Finally, I love seeing bits and bobs appear like VC games, Weather and News channels etc. I see its evolution and progression. I enjoy keeping up with these changes in real-time.

I know Wii is onto something and I'm happy to be a part of that history, live as it happens.

im more than pleased, wii sports and zelda are ace plus i got f zero,bomberman 93,smb and mario kart 64 on vc. im actually writing this on my wii net browser btw

The only thing that exceeded expectations was the browser. The rest was dissapointing and did not live up to the hype (does not mean bad, just not amazing).

I'm happy with the Wii but lately all I've used my Wii for is SSBM. Haven't played a actual Wii game for 2 weeks. But I don't think I would not buy it, if I could go back.

If it wasn't for Diddy kong DS i'd probably end up getting one of the mediocre games like Excitetruck.

Exitetruck is in no way mediocre. Have you played multiplyer? It is incredible fun!

Exitetruck is in no way mediocre. Have you played multiplyer? It is incredible fun!

It better bluddy be, I'm looking forward to it. Others may not be, but I sure as hell am. :)

well im happy enough.. but I also have played more GC games on it than Wii games.. there are games out I know.. i have TP and Rayman.. but right now im holding out for Elebits and Metalslug.. but doesnt really matter.. im having a blast with Path of Radiance

Overall i am happy with it, though i have played more VC and GC titles than actual Wii games, i only own WiiPlay and WiiSports but its just that i am still skint from christmas, there are games that i want but just cant afford atm, hopefully Nintendo will have a nice even flow of games over the coming months.

Not like the 360 last year, 7 months i think it was with no exclusive titles, i was playing games like hitman and need for speed, all games i could have played on PS2/Xbox 1. The last game i played on my 360 was GoW, the current 'newer' 360 games have no appeal to me at the moment.

Kameo, PGR3, and Perfect Dark. Then Oblivion and GRAW not long after that.

Just because a game's not exclusive to a system doesn't mean it's bad. Xbox 360 is the best platform to play a lot of 2006's releases.

Am I happy with my Wii? If it wasn't for Zelda I would be VERY disappointed. Where the hell are all the games? The "must-have toy" thing is only going to last so long before the general public wonder why there aren't any games being released for the system. Knowing that a few big titles are due "sometime this year" isn't enough, not when the other platforms have a number of big titles this year from 3rd parties are well as 1st.

Nintendo need to get their asses in gear and get more teams working on games, and get more 3rd parties making games for the console (even if they are multiplatform).

I haven't had my Wii turned on for a couple of weeks - just waiting for something good to come out for the little box.

I haven't had my Wii turned on for a couple of weeks - just waiting for something good to come out for the little box.

March and April will be your months to look forward to then. Some people here act as if they have never seen a console drought from launch before. The 360 had months of it after launch, the PS3 is having it right now, so is Wii.:heh:

I still don't get how people are saying Wii play is terrible......I'm sorry that you don't have any friends, nor the feeling of wanting to beat your high scores.:indeed: Lots of stuff can be fun with a lil competition, unless you're boring as.

Kameo, PGR3, and Perfect Dark. Then Oblivion and GRAW not long after that.

* Kameo was so mindnumbingly short that it just left sour taste in the mouth.

* CoD2 was good, but then once again, didn't really differ that much from its Xbox counterpart.

* PGR3 was also good, but not major improvement PGR2. In fact, many hardcore fans prefer PGR2 over 3 because certain things were cut off from PGR3.

* Perfect Dark's single player experience was just plain bad.

* Oblivion was, naturally, terrific game, but it isn't really for everybody's tastes.

So if you didn't like FPS's and racing, you had only one game that was worth full price. Not good selection by any means.

Some people here act as if they have never seen a console drought from launch before.

Neighbour's lawn always looks greener. :)

I'm definitely still happy with my Wii although I'm not playing it as much as I was at first. That's mostly as I have a full time job and other commitments so don't have as much free time as I did over Christmas. As a result, I've still got plenty left to play as I've not completed Rayman, SMB or Zelda yet. I'm still really into Wii Sports though and I had some friends round on Saturday who really got into the bowling and boxing. WarioWare was good as it demonstrated what you can do with the Wiimote although some of the actions are a little clunky and it doesn't last very long - it should have been cheaper IMO but then maybe that's because I'm not likely to play the multiplayer mode as much as people who have loads of gaming mates.

I think we are in a bit of a lull at the moment whilst we wait for new games to arrive but I certainly don't think that's a big deal or is a reflection on the Wii's ability to sustain interest. March and April will see some exciting new releases. As time goes on, developers will become more used to working with the Wiimote and the games will advance. I'm looking forward to playing some more involved sports games and I want to get stuck into some online multiplayer gaming.

I also hope that the internet channel evolves as I'd like to see it support more multimedia formats - YouTube is kind of limiting and I want to access on-demand progs. Also, the news channel isn't that great - I'm currently not sure why I'd use that rather than going on the internet channel and accessing news sites that are more relevant and have more detailed reports.

I still like how innovative the Wii is and I honestly think it'll just get better. I love the way Nintendo produces games that Microsoft and Sony will never produce. For me, variety is important in gaming - I don't want endless 1st person shooters, which are basically the same game wrapped up in a different package. Also, gameplay is more important than graphics. The Xbox and PS3 have gorgeous graphics but the games won't change - that's not innovation, it's just technology advancing, which isn't the same thing.

I think the biggest problem with the Wii is the lack of a decent release list. Not only is there only 1 'AAA' title out but we also have no idea when the next one is coming.

Looking at the GC launch, we had Rogue Squadron, Smash Bros, Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin and Wave Race all either at launch or close to it. We knew Sunshine would be with us before too long too.

With Wii we get Zelda and Excite Truck with nothing much confirmed for any time in the next 6 months

IMo zelda dosent even count as its a cube with controlls tacked on.

IMo zelda dosent even count as its a cube with controlls tacked on.

It fits perfectly because its controls work very well and it proves that traditional game works with Wii. Not every game needs to be extremely heavy on wiimote use.

I was just stating commonly known facts about launches.

These facts seem more opinionated to me.

You seem bitter Jasper, maybe someone from Nintendo raped you when you were small? :P

I remember Reggie's big hands. It broke my heart when Nintendo hired him.