NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Teppo Holmqvist

Telltale seeking for Wii programmer to port PC games

Wii Systems Programmer Posted 1/25/07

We have an immediate opening for a Wii Systems Programmer. This position will be responsible for implementing our core 3D graphics and audio systems on the Wii. This is a full time position at our San Rafael location.

* Responsibilities

o Migrate core components of D3D based PC game engine to the Wii

o Implement additional platform specific features

o Modify and support existing art and production path to accommodate Wii production

o Contribute to the design and direction of Telltale Technology and products.

* Requirements

o Fluent C/C++ (templates, design patterns, STL, etc). Minimum 2 years professional experience.

o Experience designing and building game systems on consoles.

o Minimum of 1 shipped game title.

o Teamwork, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are essential.

o Attentive to detail

* Additional Preferred

o Prior experience with Wii or GameCube.

o Working knowledge of Lua implementation.

o C# experience.

o Maya experience (as a user and API).

o Experience in natural language processing.

o Love of adventure games.

http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs#wiiguy

Can you use thee forums for this kind of thing?

it's news, so it should be okay it will be awesome to play sam and max and other adventure games on the wii.

It's no advertising Jasper.

This however, means they're opening a port department, which can't be good.

It could be good depending on what gets ported. Wii is nearest thing to mouse/keyboard set-up....

This however, means they're opening a port department, which can't be good.

I dunno, this ad is most clearly for either Sam n' Max or Bone, which are both episodic adventure games, and perfect for Wiimote.

Heh, the name Telltale seemed so uninspiring I thought it was a random mobile phone company that does porting as a side job. Those adventure can turn out pretty good though.

Hmm, is it just me, or did I remember some interview with the guy in charge of Sam & Max saying he likes the Wii?

I've never played the new Sam & Max episodes, but I would be interested if they ported that over to Wii with AT LEAST a few episodes (preferably the whole adventure, but that's a pipe dream) on the disc.

More adventure games on the Wii would be awesome. :D

I've played all the Bone episodes so far and Sam & Max episodes 1 & 2 (Just waiting to get 3)

They are all pretty easy and short (a few hours to finish) I do know that when all the episodes of Sam and Max are done they will be releasing them on disc on the PC so a disc version for the Wii is possible. They are good games just not as good as Hit the Road. As far as im concerned though this is good news. I'm a HUGE adventure fan as it's the main type of game I play. I've been collecting them since the early 90s and have loads, more adventures on the Wii I say!

I got into the first Episode of Sam & Max a bit. It's actually really funny. I think they would work even better when you can relax on the sofa or something instead of sitting in front of the PC.

Does it matter if they're ports of PC games. I'm sure they'd be updated with Wii specific controls - and with the Wii being far more approachable for gaming and aimed at a wider audience (for gaming), PC ports could be a success if done well.

Hmm, is it just me, or did I remember some interview with the guy in charge of Sam & Max saying he likes the Wii?

Indeed I remember on their website they said they were talking to nintendo about the possibility of a wii version of Sam n Max. Hopefully they'd be doing the entire 'season' on one disc.

I'd love this though, I'd rather have a wii version of SnM than the PC version, which I have played and loved.

I'm looking forward to see what Telltale actually do...

Haaving a job like that requires a C++ dictionary, along with the entire line of avaible 0101-dictionaries in your local computer store. Kind of sick, but i'm happy some people are sick, just to let them do their god-damned thing and make me experience games every once in a while. Sadly enough, they mostly do poor jobs that don't require you to make a good game. It's PR that thinks of a good game, and then they just advertisse it that way. it doesn't need to be any good, so to speak. I'm not looking forward to a company named like the recent 'Cyan'-addition to the teletubbies. With a TV in their belly and a Wiimote strapped oin their wrists. And, off course, a sensor bar plunged in their mouts or on their heads (probably on their heads) and a Wifi signal coming out of their arses. And don't even make me say where the disc slot is and if it lights up when you got a message.

This is more like it! Ive been waiting for developers to really start bringing PC games to Wii. Now it appears they are getting the message. There are so many PC games that could work well on a console using the Wii Remote. Bring on the RTS games as well.

RTS and FPS. Not everyone's cup of thea, to be honest. Let's live on, because they won't switch us a little of World of Warcraft or another huge PC-game. Name one, because my mind is kind-of-not-finding-any...

Sam and Max would be nice. A return of the point-and-clicker might not be far off. Unlikely. But I like to dream.

Sam and Max would be nice. A return of the point-and-clicker might not be far off. Unlikely. But I like to dream.

Now here's a concept sutied for Wii. Point and click. Just don't make the adventure last more than thirty hours, or you'll be switching batteries in the middle of the boss. Oh, and please don't make it a game like Braindead 13. I never got further than the first hallway, about three minutes in the game. It was bleedin' hard.

Now here's a concept sutied for Wii. Point and click. Just don't make the adventure last more than thirty hours, or you'll be switching batteries in the middle of the boss. Oh, and please don't make it a game like Braindead 13. I never got further than the first hallway, about three minutes in the game. It was bleedin' hard.

The batteries ain't really that much of an issue, imo.

You're hardly going to play for thirty hours straight. So, when you boot up the way, you'll always be able to check/know if you're running low on juice. :)

I would love to see some point and click games on Wii. Although, in theory, ain't most Wii games like that anyway? ;)

The batteries ain't really that much of an issue, imo.

You're hardly going to play for thirty hours straight. So, when you boot up the way, you'll always be able to check/know if you're running low on juice. :)

I would love to see some point and click games on Wii. Although, in theory, ain't most Wii games like that anyway? ;)

As long as you don't do anything else than Point and click, you'll be the first to make a game that simple, except for a thousand of flash-game designers worldwide. And about the batteries, I was sorta kidding. Like in 'Joke', or whatever they call mine these days. I like to refer to them as 'inappropriate and utterly stupid remarks'. But that's a whole lot of typing...

Sign in to follow this