NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
THE ganondorflol

When we are dead.

I simply seek a bit of comfort in wondering why it's inexplicable.
OK, sorry to take that wrongly. I guess some people find saying "I can't explain" incomfortable - there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm sure someone who knows something is more wise than someone who knows nothing.

Admitting your stupid doesn't count as wisdom.

When you die, your organic human form simply stops working.

I read a paper written by the researcher of the philosohy department here in hull.

It basically said that your "soul/spirit/chakra" was merely electrical impulses in your mind which when the eyes of a human decodes them they turn into pictures.

He concluded that when we die there can not be an afterlife as it was a means of a story to reassure the frightened. So their is no God who made us, it is milions of reactions taking place over millions of years to get us to this state. Therefore the universe was always hereand that its an infinity type symbol with a universe inside another universe.

Was he on drugs?

Frankly, believing in religion is more akin to hallucination.

Nevertheless, this has no bearing on which view is correct.

No one said Death is a dead end' date=' but its still a sad experience to die, I mean im not an expert on it but others have told me it sucks...:S[/quote']

Is this during your daily communications with the dead?

When you die, your organic human form simply stops working.

I read a paper written by the researcher of the philosohy department here in hull.

It basically said that your "soul/spirit/chakra" was merely electrical impulses in your mind which when the eyes of a human decodes them they turn into pictures.

He concluded that when we die there can not be an afterlife as it was a means of a story to reassure the frightened. So their is no God who made us, it is milions of reactions taking place over millions of years to get us to this state. Therefore the universe was always hereand that its an infinity type symbol with a universe inside another universe.

No one said Death is a dead end' date=' but its still a sad experience to die, I mean im not an expert on it but others have told me it sucks...:S[/quote']

::shrug: Here we go the ol' "the soul dies so there's no God"

if people actally read the Bible they'd know that God says one the Body dies, the soul dies with it... It doent mention anyone going to heaven except for 144 000 people... It also says in Revelations (last book in the bible) that God will make the Earth as good as new:grin: so there wont be an end of the world thing:awesome: im ok with that.

I myself think that the worlds too perfect to be a mistake (you know what i mean evolution and that, not making fun just from what ive heard it sounds like we wernt intended to happen), The Earth being just the right distance away from the sun? Hmmm

Is this during your daily communications with the dead?

Yes that was the joke, glad you picked up on it=D

you know what i mean evolution and that

Explain the flaw with evolution.

I believe it's implicit in any system where the chemical reactions get sufficiently complex and go on for a significant length of time.

i dont think there's a flaw really... It's just a theory anyway, there's no strong evidence.. Same for God I suppose, Except all the prophecies coming true which is weird if some random guy wrote it...

I dont like the idea of us being some accident, then all we've got to look forward to is death (yay..) there's a point to life .

It'll be quicker for us to find out if God exists than to find out if evoulution is real.. Coz we'd die and go to 'Heaven' (It's not true we've got a ressurection to look forward to:p read the bible..)

i dont think there's a flaw really... It's just a theory anyway' date=' there's no strong evidence.. Same for God I suppose, Except all the prophecies coming true which is weird if some random guy wrote it...

I dont like the idea of us being some accident, then all we've got to look forward to is death (yay..) there's a point to life .

It'll be quicker for us to find out if God exists than to find out if evoulution is real.. Coz we'd die and go to 'Heaven' (It's not true we've got a ressurection to look forward to:p read the bible..)[/quote']

Strong evidence.

I don't know why some people insist there is no evidence for evolution... look at Lucy, and that skeleton of a fish with legs that they found last year.

But anyway, keep up with the arguing, just don't create a straw man out of evolution to do so.

i dont think there's a flaw really... It's just a theory anyway' date=' there's no strong evidence.. Same for God I suppose, Except all the prophecies coming true which is weird if some random guy wrote it...[/quote']

Yeah, I guess the entirety of the fossil record is pretty flimsy evidence. :heh:

I really don't get why so many people have such problems believing evolution. Just because it's prefixed by 'Theory' doesn't mean there isn't any evidence, otherwise you could just as easily say that there isn't any evidence for the 'Theory of Gravity'.

It'll be quicker for us to find out if God exists than to find out if evoulution is real.. Coz we'd die and go to 'Heaven' (It's not true we've got a ressurection to look forward to read the bible..)

While I do agree that there are a lot of very specific things that need to occur for life, the solar system and even the universe to exist it doesn't mean necessarily that it was all a random coincidence or that it was planned. We can see the result but we don't know how the game is played. There are billions of stars in the universe and possibly even more planets, in which case probability would suggest that eventually one would occur with perfect conditions for life. Also the possibility that universes may have been created infinite times before as well. (Unless some cosmologist wants to come along and blast these ideas).

Anyway, apocalypse followed by resurrection doesn't really appeal to me. Sounds a bit too Dawn of the Dead.

i dont think there's a flaw really... It's just a theory anyway' date=' there's no strong evidence.. Same for God I suppose, Except all the prophecies coming true which is weird if some random guy wrote it...

It'll be quicker for us to find out if God exists than to find out if evoulution is real.. Coz we'd die and go to 'Heaven' (It's not true we've got a ressurection to look forward to:p read the bible..)[/quote']

No offence or anything but who created god then?

God's just a character from the biggest tall tale book in the world, the bible doesn't mention dinosaurs - but they were real.

Everything is made up from millions of highly complicated chemical reactions.

Nothing has a "soul" just a highly sensitive organic matter system.

There are billions of stars in the universe and possibly even more planets, in which case probability would suggest that eventually one would occur with perfect conditions for life.

When you say billions...

There are about hundred billion stars in our galaxy alone (10^11)

Current estimates suggest there are about 125 billion galaxies.

This gives about 1.25*10^22 stars. Or Twelve Thousand Billion Billion stars. Only about 1 in a hundred are main sequence stars, and only about one in ten have planets. that gives about 10^19 planets.

(oh and anyone who thinks Evolution doesn't happen is just deluding themselves. Theres a stupidly large amount of evidence, you may as well not believe in protons and electrons.)

oh and anyone who thinks Evolution doesn't happen is just deluding themselves. Theres a stupidly large amount of evidence, you may as well not believe in protons and electrons.

Hmm... aren't protons and electrons more of an analogy than anything else, albeit a damn good one?

Hmm... aren't protons and electrons more of an analogy than anything else, albeit a damn good one?

How? In the sense that they are not really particles per se, yeah, but protons, electrons etc. as a general concept are proven right.

How? In the sense that they are not really particles per se, yeah, but protons, electrons etc. as a general concept are proven right.

To the degree that they are an accurate enough model to fit all current observations, and are so indistinguishable from what is correct.

To be honest, we shouldn't be questioning protons & all that.....it's Light and those bloody photons!!

To be honest, we shouldn't be questioning protons & all that.....it's Light and those bloody photons!!

I'm not questioning anything, I'm just pointing out that protons etc. are a model. As is all science.

So where did the life force for the first animal come from. Does bacteria or a self replicating strand of protien contain life force? How about an virus? a non-replicating molecule? atom? proton? quark?

If life force is recycled, if there are more animals now than before does that mean we have more life force per organise than before (theres is a greater density of life in an organism)? If there are less animals now than before are we deemed more alive than animals before us due to higher density? Are some animals more alive than other, if so what decided this; mass, intelligence, number of cells, proximity to other animals?

Can this life force be created or destroyed? How does it pass through a medium (ie from a dead body to living body). Does its effects travel faster than the speed of light? does this mean that life force in different parts of the universe builds up? Can it travel being living animals?

Most importantly do you have any proof, derived mathmatical formula or hypothesis that can be tested?

(I'm not deliberaterly being annoying, just asking you to explain you views. If you can defend them clearly, then you actually believe in them and have thought about what you believe, rather than just revieting whats written in a book)

(oh and I assume your using the word force in a completely non-scientic way. I prefer life quantity, or just life. I wonder if theres a unit measurement of life. or if it obeys heisenberg's uncertainty principle... hmm much to muse on instead of doing productive work)

I just realised someone had actually replied to that post of mine... lol

Anyway. To be honest, I think you took it too far to the point of "smart-arsing" it. My point was simply that, conceptually, it feels more correct scientifically to say that "life" is some sort of quantity that is conserved at the level of universe(s). Not an aweful lot in our understanding of science just "begins" and "ends" without cause and effect creating a cyclic link somewhere.

But anyway. I have no evidence to support it. I don't think this subject lies within the confines of what science can explain at this point in time. I just believe that in the future there will come a time when we discover another medium in which "life" exists, much like energy, and that we will have a device which can measure and observe it in some way. Reincarnation and ghosts etc may very well end up within the confines of future science.

As for the usage of the term 'force', you are right. I shouldn't have used that term at all; it's so misleading. As for whether it obey's uncertainty principle, what I'm talking about is more of the macroscopic relativity (like how life might move from one dead person to a new body) rather than the composition of one life, whatever that may be. I don't even know why you think it matters enough to be mentioned.

Anyway. To be honest, I think you took it too far to the point of "smart-arsing" it. My point was simply that, conceptually, it feels more correct scientifically to say that "life" is some sort of quantity that is conserved at the level of universe(s). Not an aweful lot in our understanding of science just "begins" and "ends" without cause and effect creating a cyclic link somewhere.

Life is nature's way of constructing machines, I don't think you should make it too special.

I don't believe that life is a 'force' - it is more a system than anything else. If the system loses one of its essentials you die.

I don't think you should make it too special.

I didn't make it special at all. All I did was to bring in the system of conservation, which is an already established concept in science. If anything, I fitted life into the science around us and concluded that reincarnation seems logically sound. Far from making it special. The exact opposite, in fact.

I didn't make it special at all. All I did was to bring in the system of conservation, which is an already established concept in science. If anything, I fitted life into the science around us and concluded that reincarnation seems logically sound. Far from making it special. The exact opposite, in fact.

You gave it a soul to transfer. That's making it special.

Sign in to follow this