NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kurtle Squad

Region 1 South Park pixilated

Okay...I recently bought some official region 1 South Park seasons (I'm region 2) and they come up pixilated and/or not great quality picture on the multi-region players I've tried them on (different picture on different setups).

They seem to give the best picture on the downstairs Pioneer HDTV using a DVR-530H.

At my girlfrinds, the picture is quite pixialated and on my own LG DVD player (in which the region has to be changed manually) gives the worst, though it's watchable. These two are also 'normal' TVs.

I have region 1 anime & other films and they play fine...Is it the quality of the player not liking picture of South Park or what???

Hmm...they seem to be kinda the same (though it might depend what player n such is being used)...but it's weird cos whatever I play them on, it does the same thing, but slightly differently (worse etc).

It's just that they're region 1 (I have some region 2 SPs too) and it's only South Park that does it.

Oh well.

Nah - the region 1 South Park DVDs just have a really bad transfer. It's possibly down to them packing too many episodes onto each disc.

Sign in to follow this