NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Duke Nukem Forever SPOTTED!!!!!!

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12643/Duke-Nukem-Forever-Duke-Spotted-in-the-Wild/

An updated company profile of 3D Realms found at Gamasutra's Job Seekers web site has revealed a small in-game screenshot of Duke Nukem Forever.

3D Realms President George Broussard, one of the creators of Duke Nukem, has confirmed that the thumbnail is indeed an official image of Duke Nukem Forever.

I guess I'll reconfirm what I said last night. That's an in game, real-time shot of Duke standing in a random hallway. It was really done as a small teaser for a job ad on Gamasutra.com. Nothing more.

Duke Nukem Forever is the next installment in the Duke Nukem series and it has been in development for the last ten years, which has caused the game to receive many vaporware awards from several online and print publications

Duke Nukem's really cool. The third person one was a bit too ambitious but the first person ones are the biz. Nuclear Winter and some others are likely the only add on thingys I've ever got.

Why is this taking so long though? Do they keep revamping it or what?

there is a reason it's called duke nukem FOREVER

After 10 years in development, the name seems almost prophetic now.

No way, this game has to be another 10 years, a new engine will be made befor e it's out, and they'll have to start over again.

No way, this game has to be another 10 years, a new engine will be made befor e it's out, and they'll have to start over again.

Actually, the report states that it's now using the Doom 3 engine, though that's now been confirmed as false. Methinks they'll stick with Unreal tech now.

As for the screen, it's intriguing. I can't wait to see this when it's complete, if it ever is. Though the screen's restored my faith in DNF somewhat...

Actually, the report states that it's now using the Doom 3 engine, though that's now been confirmed as false. Methinks they'll stick with Unreal tech now.

As for the screen, it's intriguing. I can't wait to see this when it's complete, if it ever is. Though the screen's restored my faith in DNF somewhat...

I read somewhere that the only part of unreal engine that remains is the scripting language.

I read somewhere that the only part of unreal engine that remains is the scripting language.

I thought they had made their own engine for Duke Nukem Forever. I think it got used in Vampire 2 as well. At least a remember reading in a magazine that someone licensed the Duke Nukem Forever engine.

"It was really done as a small teaser for a job ad on Gamasutra.com. Nothing more."

Mm doesn't that mean it's not coming out? :)

Sign in to follow this