NEurope
Cube

ScarFace: The World is Yours

Hmm nice review Ive just got Godfather back actually its such a good game I just did this funeral mission and electrocuted someone and then chucked someone in a furnace. Anyone still play/complete Godfather? Also who is gonna get scarface? Im torn between this res 4 and saving my money.

I played/completed Godfather and I still love it now. It feels as fresh as a daisy with the motion controls. I can't wait for the sequel. If the Wii can get it's own sandbox game with motion controls akin to The Godfather it would pi$$ on GTA IV's parade. The game is incredibly immersive and makes me actually harbour genuinely violent feelings towards the other (in-game!) families due to the intrinsic emotions felt when physically bashing heads with a baseball bat, throttling someone or (via IR) picking a shot out across a crowded street. Fabulous game and one I restart requently if only to extort shop owners all over again. It's physically fun in the same vein as Wii Sports is.

Man tapedeck I literally completley agree with you. I have just been playing it this second. Went to new jersey and am going to take over the neigbourhood in tony soprono style. It ltierally is a wonderful game and to be honest while I would like it if it was on the gamecube I LOVE it on the Wii thanks to the controls :heart:

The release came around pretty quickly in Europe! It's out this friday isn't it?

Im getting this. Heard awesome things about the PS2 version and heard it is only a few shades below Vice City and that is something.

The Wii controls can only aid the experience.

My mate has it on XBOX and reckons it's the business. I'll get this for sure.

Mine arrived this morning and I'm quite impressed so far.

Its all very well presented and the opening level is fantastic, looks like it has a hell of a lot of promise from what I've played.

Controls are pretty good although the aiming isn't as good as Resi 4, cursor tends to go off screen more often. There are a few different camera control schemes available, only tried two so far and both seem ok, not brilliant but I've only played it for around 20 minutes so far.

Graphics are a bit ugly but much like GTA there's a lot going on at once and its very smooth so its totally forgiveable. Overall so far it seems like a hell of a lot of fun and a very authentic game of the license. If you like Scarface/GTA then I'd definitley go for it.

It's very good. The controls are great!

Theres literally a swear-word every second, i've counted.

It's bloody, but pretty humourous, thats probably why it passed the ratings board..

Slightly dissapointed with some of the graphics, compared to the nice screenshots, but hey! It plays very well.

It's 34.99 in my local Gamestation, £39.99 in GAME and £27! in ASDA. (Woo!)

I got this game yesterday and am currently working on a video review of it, which i will stick on youtube later on tonight!

So far i am quite impressed with it, but i find that the swearing is unbelieveably intense!

I got this game yesterday and am currently working on a video review of it, which i will stick on youtube later on tonight!

So far i am quite impressed with it, but i find that the swearing is unbelieveably intense!

The swearing is scarface, he says the word f*ck 218 times in the film.

can u lower the voice volume lol, i dont mind the odd swear word, but i live im my famiilys hotel and im sure the guests wont be too happy hear f words every second lol,

OMG! lol

I don't even care if that is true or not it sounds pretty accurate!

In my video i am going to run through a few of his taunts!

I should have uploaded my video by half eight tonight providing everything goes well.

can u lower the voice volume lol, i dont mind the odd swear word, but i live im my famiilys hotel and im sure the guests wont be too happy hear f words every second lol,

Right, what you do is get these things called HEADPHONES, they allow you to hear what's going on, whilst others can't!

Right then, here is my Video, that shows a nice bit of gameplay and has a very brief review of the game.

This is my first attempt at a video review so please go easy on me if it is not very good! Also i will just point out that my profile information is indeed acurate, i am a 20 year old male, the reason i say this is because i have a stupid high pitched voice! In real life it is not to bad but as soon as i am on a phone or recording something it becomes ten times worse!

dannbrownn's first ever video review: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pO2NfjrOxjk

enjoy, and let me know what you think

tbh mate your voice sent me to sleep 30 seconds in.

lol!

If only that was the first time i had had that problem!

Right, what you do is get these things called HEADPHONES, they allow you to hear what's going on, whilst others can't!

wow we live in a true space age ,

The odd swear word? lol

Seriously, i wouldn't have the volume on at all then, because the swearing in this is OTT. I mean, theres literally a 'f***' in every sentence and you have to taunt your opposition when killing them to get your rage meter up and he says a little gesture (including swear-word) every time.

It's a good game though, definately no-where near the worse game i have purchased and will do alot of wii owners some good over the holiday as it's pretty big by the looks of things.

Right then, here is my Video, that shows a nice bit of gameplay and has a very brief review of the game.

This is my first attempt at a video review so please go easy on me if it is not very good! Also i will just point out that my profile information is indeed acurate, i am a 20 year old male, the reason i say this is because i have a stupid high pitched voice! In real life it is not to bad but as soon as i am on a phone or recording something it becomes ten times worse!

dannbrownn's first ever video review: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pO2NfjrOxjk

enjoy, and let me know what you think

It's good for a first try, you need a list of pros and cons at the end, run through the gameplay modes and give a run down on graphics, sound gameplay and lastability.

Does anyone know if this includes the classic controls too?

Got it yesterday only had a quick look at it so far but looks good. I like the fact that when you die it doesn't say game over but it says you fucked up! lol :bouncy:

Not bad but heres how to review scarface!

Scarface video review

Enjoy! :bouncy:

and here they are! Scarface F-word

I despise the Scarface film, but was wondering how does the Wii version compare to the Wii version of The Godfather? Anyone played both? Any big diffrences control wise or is it basically the same?

I despise the Scarface film, but was wondering how does the Wii version compare to the Wii version of The Godfather? Anyone played both? Any big diffrences control wise or is it basically the same?

I can say that they are the two games i am currently playing most at the moment!

I would definitely say that the godfather is the better of the two games, Scarface is a good game all the same, but the gameplay in the godfather is brilliant, both in terms of controls, see my demo video of just one of the many motion based contol ideas: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rn-9OIueZ2s as well as the controls there is also a great extortion system, i really do like it!

Scarface is also a good game but it is much more of a straight forward, 'go and kill and destroy and mangle everything you possibly can' type of game!

For more on scarface please consult my video review! (link in my sig or in an earlier post in this thread)

Anyway to answer your question the controls are very similar except for in the godfather you can choose to be in 'free aim' mode or you can just move using the analogue stick and d-pad (which i find easier) but you can switch between the two at any time. And then the godfather also has loads of extra motion controls like the one in my demo video as well as a nice system of bribing extortion and so on!

Long answer short... Godfather beats Scarface, but Scarface is still a good game!

Is this just basically gta? Is Miami bigger than in VC?

I got this game today and I ABSOLUTELY love it!

The opening of this game was so atmospheric :D 'You wanna fuck with me! It'd take a whole ARMY to fuck with me!'.

Awesome controls too. I'm liking it more than i did GTA atm.

I got this game today and I ABSOLUTELY love it!

The opening of this game was so atmospheric :D 'You wanna fuck with me! It'd take a whole ARMY to fuck with me!'.

Awesome controls too. I'm liking it more than i did GTA atm.

QFT. I Bought this game at a budget price and it was a good choice, the game is already fairly old but it is a good port that capitalizes the Wii strenghs. Its a good game specially when Nintendo systems haven't seen a lot of GTA-like experiences. I think its a lot better than GTA actually; The 80's style was something they tried with Vice City but IMO it doesn't hold a candle against Scarface.

I think this video pretty much summarizes it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8PV2hUPBNw

Al Pacino is a fucking God.