NEurope
david.dakota

Wii: Not As Quiet As Iwata Promised?

It is noisy. Nintendo representatives lie on a regular basis.

Examples: Nintendo rep lied about Wii being region free. Nintendo rep lied about Twilight Princess being the best zelda game ever made.

They didn't lie, they made a mistake.

Twilight Princess being the bet Zelda game ever is a subjective view, it is the best Zelda game ever if you want it to be.

My mom noticed the buzz that emerged from the Wii. But it's not really annoying once you know what it is. But apparantly, the Wii is the noisiest of the three at times, if you do the numbers with a portable Db meter, but you could see a significant difference in Db. But it doesn't annoy me.

Eh, I don't really hear anything from my Wii. Just a clicking noise when you start a game or go to a channel I think. Apart from that, I haven't really noticed any noise at all.

Maybe you're all just paying too much attention to what sounds it makes? Cause it just sounds very quiet to me.

I think the clunk when returning to the Wii Menu is normal, and I hear whirring when the disc loads, and then just a slight burr when I play games.

My mom noticed the buzz that emerged from the Wii. But it's not really annoying once you know what it is. But apparantly, the Wii is the noisiest of the three at times, if you do the numbers with a portable Db meter, but you could see a significant difference in Db. But it doesn't annoy me.

Which 3 are you talking here ?

On any dB meter I have ever used (and I have worked with a few in my time) it would never show up as bad as the 360 would...Im not willing to comment on the PS3 It was behind glass when I played it.

If the Wii was as loud as the 360, I would definitely assume something was not right. In their brand new just out of the box state the Wii was the quietest of the two by a large margin in all similar operations, both were bought within days of each other and placed literally inches from each other when set up. (Carpeted floor).

I expect to hear a disc spin up on any optical drive I use, along with the click of the lens hitting the tops of the electromagnetic posts it is placed on, it is some reassurance that the device is working mechanically.

If the noises are really so bad I would be looking at questioning the situation with whoever I purchased it from....As to the console making 'banging' noises, that is unquestionably not right:shakehead

Wich three do you think I mean? It's the PlayStation 3, Xbox360 and Wii off course.

Here's my prove: http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/15/console-showdown-which-produces-the-most-noise/.

Thanks for the source.

I wouldnt take that report onboard at all in all honesty, it wasnt done under correct measuring condition and there is the big fact of the Wii being rated for HDD sound levels when it doesnt have one....Far from scientific.

Erm, no.

Always nice of you to say, in so little words, that you find the prove questionable. I think it's questionable too, but I don't own a Xbox360.

The Xbox 360 is the noisiest console I've ever owned. In fact, it's noisier than my PC! :shock:

The only time that my Wii has made a noise is when I put a disc in when i'm at the Wii menu.Though now that I think about it there was a sort of clunk sounds that happened a couple of times.

Always nice of you to say, in so little words, that you find the prove questionable. I think it's questionable too, but I don't own a Xbox360.

Sorry if I sounded rude.

My Wii's extremely quiet, apart from the discs churning in it from time to time. I think the disc noise is acceptable, I mean, the wee Wii has to read the info off it somehow.

Jeepers, its not like the whole machines constantly whirring and buzzing and squeaking constantly.

Sorry if I sounded rude.

No you sounded quite funny. I'm just so incredibly rude myself, so even Nintendork barely hurts me.

On topic: That click was the first thing I noticed, but right now it feels comfortable now, assuring you that the system works. Can't live without it anymore.

I can't say I've notice the Wii being loud or anything. Except when maybe loading between menus (as others have mentioned).

But, whenever a game is inserted, I'm usually in my own zone or world by then. I think this is probably the same for others. A bomb could go off across the street and some of us just wouldn't notice.

But, whenever a game is inserted, I'm usually in my own zone or world by then. I think this is probably the same for others. A bomb could go off across the street and some of us just wouldn't notice.

Imagine the confusion if such a thing occured at a wildly coincidental point during a Counter Strike game. :heh:

Imagine the confusion if such a thing occured at a wildly coincidental point during a Counter Strike game. :heh:

The way things are in the world now (and Britain, check the record) there's even chance of that to happen. If you live in Baghdad, though, chances are the game get's much more realistic. Something like the slogan 'Jump In' tries to tell you. You tell them, Microsoft!

Nintendo's no better though, with their 'Life's a game'. Now explain that to those who need to evade bombcars every day and try to find some fruit to have something to eat that day. try it, come on, I wanna see you try!

Wii itself is very, very quiet, but the drive gives annoying click sound always when it starts to read. This is especially annoying when you come to main menu.

Wich three do you think I mean? It's the PlayStation 3, Xbox360 and Wii off course.

Here's my prove: http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/15/console-showdown-which-produces-the-most-noise/.

Eh? I find that hard to buy. If the Wii makes the same amount of noise as the PS3 I swear it's on the brink of self destruction. Maybe a faulty ventilator or what?

Seriously, there's only a small blowing noise you have to really listen to to mind at all. That is, if your Wii works well.