NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Racism: Your View.

What about referring to the chinese take-away as the chinky, is that racist?

A quote from Peep Show perhaps?

I don't like the word "chinky". Its obviously not intended as a positive word. Is "chinese" really that much more difficult to say?

Chinky is 100% not racist it is just what us British people call them same with paki in the term of "just going to the paki shop"

One thing I don't get is if I were to say I hate the French nobody would have a problem some may even agree yet if I say I hate Afghans or Middle Easterns or immigrants etc there is uproar.

Also what are people views on that girl from Shipwrecked? I agree with a lot of what she is saying apart from the slave thing and one other thing which I don't remember.

Chinky is 100% not racist it is just what us British people call them same with paki in the term of "just going to the paki shop"

But why must we insist on not calling them by their proper names (ie Chinese, Pakistani)?

Well, according to Twilight_Link, views on races qualify as "opinions", and in his book, that makes them totally infallable and hallowed. ;)

One thing I don't get is if I were to say I hate the French nobody would have a problem some may even agree yet if I say I hate Afghans or Middle Easterns or immigrants etc there is uproar.

Also what are people views on that girl from Shipwrecked? I agree with a lot of what she is saying apart from the slave thing and one other thing which I don't remember.

Some people claim ignorance has a real big part to play when it comes to racism, but I haven't got a single clue why.

Some people claim ignorance has a real big part to play when it comes to racism, but I haven't got a single clue why.

Boom Boom.

I have no beef with racials. In fact, they're quite similar to me in a lot of ways.

Well I can't be bothered reading but can someone tell me if I'm racist for using words like black bastard about my white mates having a laugh or when my mate says what your problem and I say blacks, to have a laugh.(My mates black Uncle is like the same when it comes to this as well when he comes up sometimes).

Also I hate it when people just seem to think other races should have less rights or deserve to be treated like shit because people think stuff like all Muslims are terrorists as oit just fills me with rage that these people are so ignorant.

So yeah is using things that might be racist when said in a nasty way being racist if used for a laugh?

Yes paki is a racist term, we've established this earlier in the thread. There's even precedent set in law about it. It's not just a shortening of a country, it's a term for a race (It should be noted that 'french', however, isn't a race - french people are black, white, arab, latino...)

Ignorance is thinking what everyone else wants you to think

Why do people always think that 'whites' can only be racist? That's a racist statement in itself.

Sayin 'Pakis' is racist. Though I am not racist I do resent immigrants (or too many of them anyways) Apparently the situation has gotten so bad now that we are letting yanks in. YANKS FOR GOD SAKE!! Just so they can come and get that nice free healthcare.....lazy tossers.

Heres something someone posted on myspace:

You call me "Cracker", "Honkey", "Whitey", "Gringo" and you think it's OK.

...But when I call you Kike, sand nigger, rag head ,Towelhead, WOP, Camel Jockey, Gook, nigger, slant eyes or Chink you call me a racist.

-You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

-You have the United Negro College Fund.

-You have Martin Luther King Day.

-You have Black History Month.

-You have Cesar Chavez Day.

-You have Yom Hashoah

-You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi

-You have the NAACP.

-You have BET.

-If we had WET(white entertainment television) ...we'd be racist.

-If we had a White Pride Day... you would call us racist.

-If we had white history month... we'd be racist.

-If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives... we'd be racist.

-If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships...you know we'd be racist.

-In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights...you would call us racist.

-Did you know that some high school students decided to make a club for only the white students because the other ethnicities had them... they all got sent to court for being racist but the african-american, Latino, and Asia clubs were not even questioned.

-You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

I am white.

I am proud.

But, you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

Now watch, I'll be a racist for posting this

So what? no one will re post this for fear of being called racist

if you think its true re-post it saying "im not RACIST but its true"

Heres something someone posted on myspace:

You call me "Cracker", "Honkey", "Whitey", "Gringo" and you think it's OK.

...But when I call you Kike, sand nigger, rag head ,Towelhead, WOP, Camel Jockey, Gook, nigger, slant eyes or Chink you call me a racist.

-You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

-You have the United Negro College Fund.

-You have Martin Luther King Day.

-You have Black History Month.

-You have Cesar Chavez Day.

-You have Yom Hashoah

-You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi

-You have the NAACP.

-You have BET.

-If we had WET(white entertainment television) ...we'd be racist.

-If we had a White Pride Day... you would call us racist.

-If we had white history month... we'd be racist.

-If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives... we'd be racist.

-If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships...you know we'd be racist.

-In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights...you would call us racist.

-Did you know that some high school students decided to make a club for only the white students because the other ethnicities had them... they all got sent to court for being racist but the african-american, Latino, and Asia clubs were not even questioned.

-You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

I am white.

I am proud.

But, you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

Now watch, I'll be a racist for posting this

So what? no one will re post this for fear of being called racist

if you think its true re-post it saying "im not RACIST but its true"

I am so posting that on myspace although what rights would whites have to march for?

Ignorance is thinking what everyone else wants you to think

Funny, my definition is more along the lines of thinking you know what you're talking about when in actual fact you are misinformed or mistaken, without realising it.

In response to the myspace type bulletin, that all came about from the coloured(thats a non pc term now?) people rising up and out from their years of oppression by white people, and that is why slack is cut for them in some circumstances these days, and why racism towards them taken more seriously than racism towards whites, in some circumstances. Besides that, I feel that a number of the 'points' in it are actually invalid anyway.

Tell me though scubahood, are you white? And if so, when was the last time you were the focus of some malicious racist comments?

Yes I am a white male had some half cast bloke accuse some guy I was with of being in the KKK I think they thought he was a skinhead but he was just dressed like an 80's punk. Thats about as near to an attack as I have come but then my area doesn't have a lot of black people its more Middle Eastern and Chinese and from my experience with them when they come into where I work they are pig ignorant. When someone says hello to me I say hello back I don't just give them a blank stare. They need to get some manners.

If you consider that racist them so be it but that is my experience and the truth of what I come across every day so surely that would make the truth racist. Saying that I don't hate any particular races I just hate certain people from those backgrounds mainly the ignorant ones.

What a pathetic little girl the guy who wrote that myspace thing is. He's just as guilty of 'playing the race card' and 'shrieking racism' - and he's got just as much of a whiny victim complex as some of the minorities he seems to think he's fighting against.

The million man march? Come on, that was at a time when black people were second class citizens.

what rights would whites have to march for?

Well white people marching for 'white rights' at that time were marching for the 'right' to have black people stand up and give them a seat on the bus and have white only schools.

I've never heard anyone say racist names for whites are OK. I've never heard anyone say that only whites can be racist. What I do hear is people repeatedly saying "Everyone says only whites can be racist" or "They say it's OK to be racist to white people."

Black History Month.

Oh no, them coloureds get Black History Month, those poor persecuted white Americans. They have to settle with ever president of the united states ever (Who have their own day like MLK anyway) and 98% of congress. The way that guy goes on you'd think evil blacks and hispanics had all the whites in America in death camps ready for the gas chamber.

Yes, many are cagey about people expressing 'white pride' - But if you want to blame people for that, I suggest you look at the type of people whose websites come up when you type 'white pride' into google.

Most things on that list are irrelevant from a UK point of view anyway. We don't have an MLK day or anything I can think of as equivilant. We've got stuff like St Patricks Day and St Georges Day (Although he's a Turk, maybe that counts as a minority having his own day) and national holidays for religious festivals (But only the Christian ones) and that's about it.

Theres an opening for a topic on "discrimination", which is much broader and covers other issues such as HIV, Age, Gender etc.

The million man march? Come on, that was at a time when black people were second class citizens.

Err... 1995?

Sorry, I was thinking of the Civil Rights March on Washington.

My point still stands though - the myspace poster is basically the white version of someone with an incredibly politically correct victim complex who sees discrimination everywhere, even where it doesn't exist.

People are brainwashed in this country by publications like the Daily Mail into cowering in fear that there is a wide ranging evil conspiracy against them.

Theres an opening for a topic on "discrimination", which is much broader and covers other issues such as HIV, Age, Gender etc.

Indeed, but this is clearly a topic about racism, which is discrimination based on grounds of race.

Yes I am a white male had some half cast bloke accuse some guy I was with of being in the KKK I think they thought he was a skinhead but he was just dressed like an 80's punk. Thats about as near to an attack as I have come but then my area doesn't have a lot of black people its more Middle Eastern and Chinese and from my experience with them when they come into where I work they are pig ignorant. When someone says hello to me I say hello back I don't just give them a blank stare. They need to get some manners.

If you consider that racist them so be it but that is my experience and the truth of what I come across every day so surely that would make the truth racist. Saying that I don't hate any particular races I just hate certain people from those backgrounds mainly the ignorant ones.

Rude people are rude people, and there is nothing wrong with hating rude people, just as long as race doesn't come into it and you start thinking everybody from a similar background is the same, that bit's the racism. How long ago was the thing about the KKK?

What I find most amusing about racist skinheads is that if I'm not mistaken Skinhead culture was originally heavily influenced by alot of the Rude Boy culture from the West Indies and around Jamaica and now you get skins who are proper racist, and ones that are really against racism.

The KKK incident happend last Saturday I found it pretty amusing at the time as I was able to correct the bloke but had the punk guy been on his own he would of been in for a kicking a reacon.

Sign in to follow this