NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
system_error

MCV article about Playstation 3

(Analysts/Publishers claim)

Playstation 3 will be released in early 2007 in EU with a price tag of about 730 Euro.

Allard, Corporate VP - Microsoft:

"There’s a big gap between what Sony claims and what they’ve shown. You might have thought our X05 presentation was a bit on long side, but they’ll need an eight-hour press conference pretty soon just to give people confidence in that spring ’06 date they’ve mentioned.

There’s a lot of stuff they just don’t have in place yet. They make nice movies, though. "

Even though I don't think the price is right I believe that the PS3 won't be available before 2007 in Europe. But I think that the PS3 will need much funds from Sony to go out for a reasonable price.

Ouch thats a long time too wait for the PS3 and its boom.... controler.

If it ends up that way the Xbox 360 will have a Huge headstart and by the time the PS3 gets to europe the 360 will most likely have droped in price making the PS3 look very expensive

Great googly moogly Thelma! €730 is £500! I know its just analyst predictions but damn.

if it does go for "£500" who the hell is gunna buy it :/ the main stream teenagers wont be able to afford it...little kids parents wont buy there son/daughter it cause its so expensive even as a b-day present.

hehe 500 for ps3 or 200 appox (price will have fallen) for xb360 hmmm..tough one there if you want one of those :S

There’s a lot of stuff they just don’t have in place yet.

That makes me eager to know more and at the same time I wonder how Allard know about this - a MS spy inside Sony? :D

Wouldn't be surprised if the 2007 prediction turns out to be right, they may get it out spring 2006 in Japan, but releases in other rehions could well end up very staggered like the PSPs was which would make 2007 about right.

there's a lot of stuff ms don't have in place yet, and they're the ones releasing a console within the next two months.

We know alot about 360. But the PS3 is actualy a myth to me, they are second in line and have 6 months max to show off. That may seem short, but developing time also comes into place.

We know hardly much about these consoles all around. Im hoping for revo too, because Jim merrick seemed convincing when he said he was suprised nintendo only unveiled the controller at TGS, he said there are too many things to reveal.

If this is true Nintendo HAS to release the Revolution in 2006 everywhere and Nintendo and Microsoft will have a brilliant head-start in Europe!

GO TEAM! :grin:

I think it's about time Sony came last in something!

There's no proof of this!! It's kinda rubbish really.

That's like saying the Rev wont be ready until 2007!! Nintendo have nothing done from what we can SEE!! But they could even release it a year after the 360 as far as we know.

£500! who could afford that, i know it's got better than pc specs and they cost loads but ouch thats a real dent in the pocket.

I'm getting more and more thoughts that the PS3 might become the worst PS console ever. I keep hearing about high prices(both from Sony and others) and about that it's not even near completion etc.

It worries me abit, but it also makes me excited what's about to come.

More Analysts bollocks yet again. Seems they like to move around from different consoles. The other day they were saying Rev would come last, hmmm how crap they are.

I hope this is truthful, as at £500, it will surely flop, even if it is a sony. I wonder if apple could get away with releasing a console at that price!

More Analysts bollocks yet again. Seems they like to move around from different consoles. The other day they were saying Rev would come last, hmmm how crap they are.

All in all, its a guess. They are doing their jobs. We have no proof its right or wrong information, neither do they. Its based on opinion, and if you look at PS3 right now, its kind of hollow. We've seen the appearance, but we havent seen what else it can do.

I do wonder about the release date they have predicted, because with PS3 its kind of tricky, your going to need a hell lot of money manufacturing the thing, and your going to need an advertising campaign to actualy get people interested. All in all, its going to be alot of money. This is were sony's other departments come in, as long as the playstation brand is popular, they will have extra cash to fork out on selling it.

So, they dont have problems selling a TV that cost's over 1000 pounds because people want a nice looking TV to show off. Same thing for the playstation, people want it early to show off. Thus, they will pay anything for it (PS2 launch first christmas saw the console sell for £400+ on ebay), so if people were paying 400 for a PS2, whats PS3 going to change for just 100 pound more?

All in all, my conclusion is the playstation will not die sooner rather than later. It will at some point, but not now, not while the huge fanbase is still eager for it.

So my opinion based on what I have written, is that im with the analysts here. I believe PS3 will cost around about £500 and im still not made sure on the 2007 release date, but i believe it more than i dont believe it.

I wonder if apple could get away with releasing a console

theres a thought that never crossed my mind, i reckon it could happen.

theres a thought that never crossed my mind, i reckon it could happen.

I think they should pioneer in designing it instead of going solo, you actually think they would developer support? I think someone told me the reason Dreamcast failed was partly because EA refused to support it..

They need time to change their contoller, which i reckon theyre going to do. They stated that the bommercrap controller wasnt their final designso they are [probably trying to find some way to make it better.

OR the revolution for around £170. I think the next gen will be between the rev and 360

They stated that the bommercrap controller wasnt their final designso they are [probably trying to find some way to make it better.

Probably by going back to their standard design.

The bomerang probaly isn't there final design, cos they wanted to see what ninty put at first and if there was a chance the could copy some ideas without anyone noticing, of which there is no chance now.

The boomerang is a good design when you hold it and use it. Nothing aesthetical about it though. Where's Choze?

Sign in to follow this