NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
epoch

Kojima Interested in Wii?

GP: On that note, do you have any fantasies about working with the Wii, which doesn't use HD graphics?

Kojima: Wii! [laughs] Yes, I will do it. I'm saying this every day. [laughs] But first, I have to face this giant that is called Metal Gear Solid 4, so until I'm finished with that, I can't do anything.

Kojima: One example is the PSP game Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. That's, in a way, one our plans for MGO that we have in mind. It's not about the platform. In an ideal MGO world, no matter what the platform is -- PC, Xbox 360, PS3, handheld, Wii -- we wish that we could create a kind of community where everyone can play. That's kind of the MGO way of thinking.

Just thought some ppl would like this news. Been a huge MGS fan myself i sure am. Mayb a online port of portable ops comes to mind with a Wii interface..... That would be fun

Any ideas, i know this isnt conformation for a game and his involement with SSBB but still intresting never the less

You can read the full artical at the gamepro website but its more ps3 that wii

yes, please, please give us a port of Portable ops

/sarcasm

I'd like to see something new, and awesome from Kojima.

yea portable ops is a class game no questions asked.

something new would be great but id love to see an MGS game on the Wii

Leave MGS to the big guns. Bring out something new, or old perhaps (policenauts, Snatcher?)

Hell, i would love Zone of the Enders, since that could use the wiimote in a nice way, and the game itself was arguably one of the most spectacular looking games on the PS2.

Been a huge MGS fan myself i sure am.

How big?

I think he will go on the extreme end of the spectrum, if he does a remake or reworking of Snatcher he could be opening pandora's box- the world might demand sequels or whatever.

I think he will want to do a throwaway title that gives him some room to experiment with old ideas he's been kicking around.

I wouldn't mind seeing a concept game from him.

New and awesome and Kojima sounds pretty good.

I'd also like to play portable ops without having to get a psp. That could prove a challange.

Portable ops will not happen on the Wii, can we please stop.

Agreed. Serioudly, i want Kojima to give the Wii something new.

Surely the name portable ops tells you it won't be on Wii.. However small the Wii is it sure as hell isn't portable.

OMG HE DOESN'T READ TEH JOYSTIQS

Surely the name portable ops tells you it won't be on Wii.. However small the Wii is it sure as hell isn't portable.

@YA

I would settle for Portable Ops being upscaled and put onto the Wii. I'd love an MGS game on the Wii, it's a great series. I personally don;t think we'll see anything decent from Konami until the Wii really takes off and captures the market. I think they'll hedge their bets on the PS3.

Personally I think besides MGS konamo have never reached the peaks they did in the 16 Bit era.

Has anyone noticed how old and late this news is? Kojima said those things months ago, as far as I'm aware. I would love to see him develop some exclusive franchises for Wii. And off course, I'm hoping for some top-quality. We'll just see about that. I do trust this guy, but I find it funny that so many over at this forum think that if someone with a less known name and fame can't make as good games. I don't know who leads Treasure, but they rock the hell out of Konami's games. And yet they're not as known. Just like 'mIyamoto'. if he's involved, it got to be good. Buit I'm sure that in some things, he isn't even involved the slightest. If Miyamoto says 'Phantom hourglass', the game is doomed to become the best Zelda ever. Kind of stupid, since some other developers make some quality too and some games from Miyamoto are utter crap.

Has anyone noticed how old and late this news is? Kojima said those things months ago, as far as I'm aware.

Didn't he mention this soon after the TGS 2005?

Probably. I remember that quote from soon after the announcement of the Wii Remote. He said how much he liked it. And he said that thing about MGS4 about two months ago now, after the launch of Wii.

I guess the Wii interests him now, because the DVD format allows him to make movies for his Wii games now... Kojima's made no secret of it that he prefers making movies over games.

Anyway, as he's a pretty good game developer, let's hope he finishes MGS4 quickly and gets going with a good Wii idea.

I don't think he is ever gonna make a MGS game for Wii. With MGS 4 looking almost like a real life movie i don't think Kojima will want to make his baby in a console that will make it look like an xbox. I hope though to see him making games for Wii because there is no doubt he is one talented man

I'm not saying this is a good idea.. but MGS was developed for the Gamecube.. maybe it would be nice if MGS2 and MGS3 were brought to the Wii and made use of the controllers features (like shooting, grabbing people, knocking walls to alert guards.. having to raise the remote up to your ear when contacted by codec :heh: (sound through the speaker..))

I am sure a lot of Nintendo owners (me included) have not played these games and would be nice to add to The Twin Snakes.

I don't think it will happen, and I'm sure a lot of people here wouldn't want it to happen and want something new, but I think it would be a nice addition to the Wii even if they didn't set the world alight..

Sign in to follow this