NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

List of every Degree?

At the end of year 11 I was given the address of this website that lists every degree, and every uni you can do it in England. Nearly a year on I have lost this site (thought I had it in my favourites but no) and am wondering if any of you know of it, or at least another site that does.

Looks like that is it. Thanks very much. You can lock/delete this thread now if you wish.

I'll leave it open, for you and others to maybe talk about this. No doubt some people will need to start looking at what they're going to be doing in the future. May help others.

I mainly wanted to know as I suddenly thought today about what i'm really considering doing. Philosophy & Japanese. I'm pleased to see it possible but it unfortunately looks like you have to have done a foreign language for A Level for practically all of them. Do you have to do combined for a degree or can you do two seperate by the way? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to university/degrees and such and being half way through my AS year am really starting to think it's necessary to research more.

I do Biology with Japanese at Uni of Manchester and i didn't need A Level in any languages, i did bio, chem and physics A Levels.

It looks like the only place I can do Japanese with Philosphy is the University of Leeds and it says you need an A level in a foreign language for it :(:(:(

sometimes its worth contacting them to see how strict they are on it, cos very few places will do japanese a level they might be a bit lenient, particularly if you can show any individual study with japanese.

I'm going to do Japanology next year at university. Seems like all the geeks want to learn Japanese. :p

I want to learn Japanese aswell,but my UCAS stuff got sent away on Monday which was also the deadline.Wonder what grades I need.

sometimes its worth contacting them to see how strict they are on it, cos very few places will do japanese a level they might be a bit lenient, particularly if you can show any individual study with japanese.

thats true but generally they ask for an A-Level in any foreign language. i got lucky i guess with Manchester, best uni in the world for me, its soo perfect and i'm doing a course i love-but failing to revise for it! :heh:

I want to learn Japanese aswell,but my UCAS stuff got sent away on Monday which was also the deadline.Wonder what grades I need.

you can always look into it once your there.:D

I was going to say, I do believe that list is called 'The UCAS Directory' :p

If you're at a school, they should have it in the library in book form, though tinternets is probably much easier, ucas probably don't even use paper any more.

It looks like the only place I can do Japanese with Philosphy is the University of Leeds and it says you need an A level in a foreign language for it :(:(:(

Well most universities run a modular system, where you take a certain number of modules each year, and usually they let you take 1 or 2 in a different subject to your degree. So it's worth looking into single honours philosophy courses and finding universities with open modules in Japanese. Like at Durham we have the Language Centre who offer these, and they have various different levels so no previous experience in the language in necessary :).

Sign in to follow this