NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
urso

Anyone read GameCentral (on teletext)?

I read it every day as soon as I wake up. Their reviews are really good and fair. When the reviewed TP I was kicking off as they said it wasnt as good as many of the other Zeldas then when I played the game I actually agreed with them. I love their features on a Wednesday, its always a good topic and a good read.

I used to read it everyday, but my interest kind of dwindled about a year or so ago.

Because I spend the majority of my day near a computer then that may be why I don't bother now......although it used to be a great read when Paul Rose was there, but after he left you could tell things had changed a little.

I think its an example of "less is more"; because of the limitations imposed by teletext- no pics and limited word count- they have to put everything succinctly and to the point. Also they don't seem too close to developers, something I've always felt with IGN for example (also think IGNs reviews are terribly written- really poor standard of english)

GameCentral are definitely my favourite games writers - their reviews are always balanced and fair, and their features are usually really interesting. Not a patch on Digitiser, their predecessor, though. GameCentral's funny, but not as funny as Digitiser was.

"GameCentral gets digitised"

A dig, or a homage to the previous 4 games service 'Digitiser'? I'm not so sure.

I like the features and the comments thing, the reviews basically mirror whatever EDGE say and because they're a fairly small organisation it seems that many publishers don't even bother sending them games for review.

Not so reliable.

Low points? The charts, the news. Always 2 days out of date and boring.

lol teletext, where can I find this GameCentral anyhoo? Man, teletext must have been the shit in like the early 90s and stuff.

I read their reviews while I was laying in bed awake one night. Some good stuff.

..I read it pretty much every day.. it's pretty cool.. but digitiser was really good :heh:

..whatever you do, though.. don't go to Ceefax page 550.. you'll cry at how bad it is..

Digitiser was the greatest, anything that exisits now is terrible.

Just read Mr Biffo in EDGE.

Just read Mr Biffo in EDGE.

Mr. Biffo is truly awesome, he talks so much sense. :hehe:

But still I used to love reading GameCentral until the only TV in my house with teletext broke.

A lot of the e-mails they got were hilarious.

..I read it pretty much every day.. it's pretty cool.. but digitiser was really good :heh:

..whatever you do, though.. don't go to Ceefax page 550.. you'll cry at how bad it is..

That page is serioulsy bad. Their reviews consist of basically naming which formats new games are out on, and how much they cost! It's pretty good for the charts tho, as you get each console's chart, except the PSP.

Sign in to follow this