NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Whizkid

why cant i sleep?

I've been up since yesterday I've had a sleeping pill and its done nothing i need help i need sleep for tomorrow i meeting up with my mates and some girls (yes)

Hormones, and probably if your meeting some totty, they are on your mind aswell.

Take a bunch of pro plus. Its supposed to keep you awake but if you take so much you burn out the energy quickly and get real tired.

I find a bottle of wine works a treat. I had a similar problem with this, only managing to fall asleep at about 5am and wake up at 12-1. By taking out a bottle of wine through the hours of 2:30 - 10:30pm it made me sufficiently drowsy enough to pretty much nod straight off.

Depending on alcohol to sleep brings about its own problems. I know this from personal experience. Still enjoy the drink though. Very much :D

I usually read comics when I can't sleep - Simpsons often. That helps most of the time. Or you could watch a boring film...

Go to bed and don't post on here, usually helps ;)

Or get drunk, getting drunk always puts me to sleep as soon as i lie down.

Have a wank. Always sends me to sleep afterward.

:yay:

oles oil on me pillow always helps when i cant get to sleep

Take a bunch of pro plus. Its supposed to keep you awake but if you take so much you burn out the energy quickly and get real tired.

If you take enough you will have a very deep sleep.

Eat an entire lettuce, they contain chemicals similar to opium which relax the mind and help sleep. Plus it's healthy.

Alternatively, you can go a bit old fashioned and huff some ether.

Deep in the bosom of the gentle night

Is when I search for the light

Pick up my pen and start to write

I struggle, I fight dark forces in the clear moonlight

Without fear

Insomnia

I can't get no sleep

I used to worry

Thought I was going mad in a hurry

Getting stressed, making excess mess in darkness

No electricity, something's all over me, greasy

Insomnia please release me

And let me dream of making mad love to my girl on the heath

Tearing off tights with my teeth

But there's no release, no peace

I toss and turn without cease

Like a curse, open my eyes and rise like yeast

At least a couple of weeks since I last slept, kept taking sleepers

But now I keep myself pepped

Deeper still, that night

I write by candlelight, I find insight

Fundamental movement, huh, so when it's black

This insomniac, take an original tack

Keep the beast in my nature

Under ceaseless attack

I gets no sleep

I can't get no sleep

I can't get no sleep

I can't get no sleep

I need to sleep, I can't get no sleep

I need to sleep, I can't get no sleep

As it turns out Pro Plus doesnt affect me. The first time I took them on wednesday they gave me a little kick. I didnt have any caffeine in my system for months before that. I used to be on 12+ cups of strong coffee a day which gave me a high tolerance. I thought it would decrease with time but no! I took 5 at the same time earlier and nothing! Still have 14 left, what should I do?

To put it less crude "Pleasure yourself", Its sends you into a deeper sleep and makes it easier to get to sleep in the first place. The Wine really isn't a good idea, Research has shown that alcohol upsets sleep, preventing a deep rest. Same with tobacco.

Studies indicate that foods with large amounts of the amino acid L-tryptophan (sp) help us sleep better. Try something like hot milk (not cold), Chicken, Turkey, eggs.

Of course it goes without saying: If You Can't Sleep, Get Up.

Don't lie awake trying to get to sleep any longer than 30 minutes. If it goes that long, get up. Do something quiet and non-stimulating. When you feel tired again, go back to bed.

To put it less crude "Pleasure yourself", Its sends you into a deeper sleep and makes it easier to get to sleep in the first place. The Wine really isn't a good idea, Research has shown that alcohol upsets sleep, preventing a deep rest. Same with tobacco.

Studies indicate that foods with large amounts of the amino acid L-tryptophan (sp) help us sleep better. Try something like hot milk (not cold), Chicken, Turkey, eggs.

Of course it goes without saying: If You Can't Sleep, Get Up.

Don't lie awake trying to get to sleep any longer than 30 minutes. If it goes that long, get up. Do something quiet and non-stimulating. When you feel tired again, go back to bed.

I don't think there's much food containing D-tryptophan...

But anyway, I always have to lie awake for more than an hour before I can sleep.

I don't think there's much food containing D-tryptophan...

But anyway, I always have to lie awake for more than an hour before I can sleep.

hehehe, is it a coincidence I'm listening to Feeder - Insomnia while reading this?

1. bad diet or eating habbits, breakfast before 9am, lunch before 2pm, dinner at 6pm. 3 square meals nothing huge inbetween.

2. not enough exercise?

3. medication/stress/external factors? (noise pollution, anxiety)

4. uncomfortable matress, try moving your bed or sleeping on the floor.

Sign in to follow this