NEurope
Smiter

New Capcom Wii project - Keiji Inafune involved

One of Capcom's most talented developers may have a chance to show his stuff on Nintendo's latest gaming machine, the Wii. Speaking with Japan's Gemaga, Keiji Inafune revealed that Capcom has an unannounced Wii title in development. He hopes to be able to show it this year.

Inafune most recently brought Xbox 360 owners Dead Rising and Lost Planet. Both were critical and commercial successes throughout the world, making interest in his future projects high.

His role on this new title is unknown. He may have direct involvement, or it may be just a general Capcom project.

Interesting...

Cool....Especially since those are two of the games I'd probably get once I get a 360. A game that's similar...ness :wtf: would be good.

Very nice. We need more Capcom games...

I hope it's a new IP or Dead Phoenix (or what it was called). That should work very well with the Wii.

Good. This is one to watch.

It's about time we get some of these announcements instead of random license game announcements. Bring on more.

After reading some reviews of Lost Planet and Dead Rising, if his next game is similar, I'll pass.

After reading some reviews of Lost Planet and Dead Rising, if his next game is similar, I'll pass.

ROFL ROFL ROFL.

I don't like either game.

You confuse me so much sometimes.

What is to be confused about? Dead Rising and Lost Planet are completely different games, they are not comparable in the same sentence.

Not just that, but how can a link be made between the 360 projects and his Wii project?

It's is completely false to assume they will follow a similar style.

Not just that but they are great second wave 360 titles that are really showing what the 360 can do- I don't know what reviews this guy has been reading but unless it is some shitty Nintendo rag then I don't get it.

1up gave it a 6.5 but that is only because they calibrated their review system recently to make 5 average- it's a good game.

While Dead Rising has a few flaws it is still a solid game. I think it was a fucking stupid comment basically.

Further more the article intrinsically states that while he had involvement with LP and DR- there is no distinct link with him and this project.

Ban me please.

ROFL ROFL ROFL.

I mean that they both sound awfully repetitive.

OK, let me change the formatting of my sentence.

I'm not saying they're not good games, just that they don't appeal to me, (hence "I'll pass", and not "I don't want that piece of trash near my Wii")

Your logic is as such

He worked on Dead Rising, which I didn't like.. then he worked on Lost Planet which I don't like which means he will be working on this title, which I probably won't like because A leads to B which will probably lead to C.

You know nothing about the game but you have assumed 2 things.

He will work on it.

If he does or does not work on it, the game will follow a similar style to the games on a different system.

Capcom don't make bad games.

Also don't word things like you read the review and that changed your opinion- all reviews of these games have been mostly shining.

You don't need to read a review to have an opinion or a taste. Even mentioning reviews does not bolster your opinion's authority on these titles the slightest.

It's such a myth around here that you can't have an opinion unless you've played it, read a review or think optimistically about it.

Well, that's a pretty solid stack of man-size talent behind the title, so I see no reason why this shouldn't be something to look forward to. Another third person action title? The eight ball says: probably.

What is to be confused about? Dead Rising and Lost Planet are completely different games, they are not comparable in the same sentence.

Not just that, but how can a link be made between the 360 projects and his Wii project?

Not just that but they are great second wave 360 titles that are really showing what the 360 can do- I don't know what reviews this guy has been reading but unless it is some shitty Nintendo rag then I don't get it.

1up gave it a 6.5 but that is only because they calibrated their review system recently to make 5 average- it's a good game.

While Dead Rising has a few flaws it is still a solid game. I think it was a fucking stupid comment basically.

Further more the article intrinsically states that while he had involvement with LP and DR- there is no distinct link with him and this project.

Ban me please.

Oh it's nothing to do with this topic.

What confuses me is sometimes you put forward a balanced and fair argument with decent amounts of wit and then other times you become some retarded fan-boy screaming "ROFL" etc.

i hope its Dead Phoenix
Won't happen, The creator was Inaba and he was in clover studio... but, clover studio is no more.

Production studio 2... Megaman and Onimusha?

and also, the Zelda oracle series and minish cap derive from there (although I believe it's a sub-team called flagship).

Oh noes:

And finally, can we expect the Wii project from Inafune to be shown or announced by Capcom at the Capcom Gamer's Day event? If not, when can we expect more info on the project?
I think he's referring to Treasure Island Z (which is just a working title) so it's already been announced.
Source: http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?t=13017

I can already hear the sound of one thousand rabid fanboys "what!? no Dead Rising/Lost Planet?"

(remembers Dewey's adventure thread as well as every Japanese support thread with original franchises for the Wii)

*shivers*

Anyway... same game people. Maybe the only "mature-only" title coming for Wii is Umbrella Chronicles. Now where is my Wiikami?

Okay Pedrocasilva, why did you bump this topic for?
Because we now know what game was Keiji Inafune project.

I could have put it in Treasure Hunter Z thread but I opted for this one since it's really reffering to Keiji Inafune project itself before it had a known name.

The topic is not even that old, IMO.