NEurope
Speedysurfer

No accessories for the Wii in Portugal (Spain too?)

I've been looking all over the stores in Lisbon and every store tells me the same thing: Wii Remotes, Nunchucks, Classic Controllers and Points Cards are all sold out. Apparently, Concentra, the company that distributes Nintendo products here hasn't had any of those for quite a while.

In one of the stores I went to (El Corte Inglés, to be more precise), I was told that even their Spanish stores have the same problem, and actually even ask the Portuguese ones for these products, which they don't have either.

So, these accessories are sold out in Portugal and it seems that in Spain too.

Are any people from other countries having the same problem?

Also, if there are Portuguese people around here that know of any stores where there any left, I'd be very thankful.

Yeah, I live in the south margin (sounds weird in English, it's margem sul), and basically got laughed at when I ask for wii accessories and its even worse for component cables.

You better import it.

In a videogame store in Forum Almada (can't remember the store's name) they told me that each store has only received 1 unit of the component cables. I haven't seen any Wii accessory on store shelves either. Just the console and the games.

And why the hell are we talking in english?

A friend of mine said he saw official component cables at colombo's fnac.

True, I saw them aswell.

Porque assim não magoamos os delicados egos britânicos que não aceitam que num forum europeu se fale outra lingua que não seja o inglês. Até porque a europa para eles é só o reino unido...:blank:

Well, I started the thread in english so that people from other countries could give their statements on whether the same problem is happening in their countries too or not. Although noone from outside Portugal has answered yet, I think it's best to keep it in english.

I also saw the component cables at El Corte Inglés some days ago, but I stopped by there today and there weren't any left.

Importing is not an option for me as I don't have any credit cards, and the few places I spotted that had, for instance, the Wii remote, required credit cards. At GAME they told me my best shot was to send angry e-mails to Concentra, which shows how drastic this situation has become.

By the way, it seems even Wii Play isn't a possibility, as according to some stores, for some odd reason, all, or most of the "Wii Play"'s that got here were returned to the stores shortly after they were sold due to malfunctions of both the remote AND the game.

Once again, if anyone finds Wii Remotes and all the rest, please say something! It's really boring to play Wii Sports with just one remote!

Porque assim não magoamos os delicados egos britânicos que não aceitam que num forum europeu se fale outra lingua que não seja o inglês. Até porque a europa para eles é só o reino unido...:blank:

ROUGH TRANSLATION: Because thus we do not magoamos the delicate British egos that do not accept that in a European forum if it says to another one lingua that he is not the English. Even because the Europe for they is alone the joined kingdom

Não sei em que país está hospedado o forum, mas pelo menos na Alemanha os administradores dos sites são responsaveis pelo seu conteudo, por isso se estiveres a falar em violar criancinhas ou comprar n gramas de coca dá jeito que eles percebam.

Mystery solved: you didn't look enough.

ROUGH TRANSLATION: Because thus we do not magoamos the delicate British egos that do not accept that in a European forum if it says to another one lingua that he is not the English. Even because the Europe for they is alone the joined kingdom

Wow solitanze! Your Portuguese is really good! I give it 9.0/10!

In Viseu (the city where I live) there's a store that has one or two things, but not too many. It's to be expected though, there are still shortages and we always get the short end of the stick. Anyway, I already have what I want and I suppose this won't last forever. Again, speaking in english so that other people don't think, we're offending them :P

Spain had accesories, when I was there in December 2006 for the new year; both El Corte Ingles and GAME had component cables (Oficial and GAMEware), wiimotes, nunchucks, classic controllers and a ton of games I've never seen over here. ("Super Fruity Fall" anyone?)

What I didn't see was Wii Play boxes and RGB cables.

Na Fnac do forum almada havia uns wii plays... E na media markt do estadiio da luz vi pontos. Nao foi á muito tempo mas nao sei se ainda la ha algo....

Sorry to not translate, but I'm too bored for that :boring: :(

LMFAO!! Brilliant.

Wow, i've noticed we're enough to take over the forum.

O robin tem papeira.

lol

Qual deles é o robin?

I pre-ordered the component cables more than one month ago at EbGames in Italy and still haven't got them! Nintendo, come on!

By the way, it seems even Wii Play isn't a possibility, as according to some stores, for some odd reason, all, or most of the "Wii Play"'s that got here were returned to the stores shortly after they were sold due to malfunctions of both the remote AND the game.

BS. I bought Wii Play at Sintra's Media Markt the day it was released, and never noticed any defects in the game or the included wiimote.

BS. I bought Wii Play at Sintra's Media Markt the day it was released, and never noticed any defects in the game or the included wiimote.
I bought mine on the Radio Popular nearby MediaMarkt Sintra.

Again... No problems to report, perhaps they just don't read the manuals and can't get it to sync. :indeed:

São afixando em uma outra língua à excepção do inglês uma ruptura deste os locais réguas?

São afixando em uma outra língua à excepção do inglês uma ruptura deste os locais réguas?

Lol...seriously dude, leave that translator alone...you just asked if posting in another language is going against the local rulers (as in, those things you use to draw straight lines).

Well, even if the Wii Plays do work, I can't find those anyway...:grin: